LegendRO.net (Clownphobia)

Started by Zakin, Sep 05, 2017, 02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zakin

Looking for anyone from legend RO. For those who don't know I think our long time server finally kick the bucket not too long ago because website and server are down and it is no longer listed on this site.

So chances are I will be in the server seeking section again, hehe. Unless I find some of my old server mates then I'll join them.

Oldschooler

Yeah, I sometimes lurk the forums but I think Tony finally decided to drop the server.

There goes my entire childhood.

Zakin

IKR! My childhood plus 10+ years worth of donation and didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to anyone, it was so sudden (ノ°Д°)ノ︵ ┻━┻ Yea I wish Tony sold the server instead or gave it to someone.

Anyway do you know where anyone from our server is? (If they still play)

misterj

if you peeped their facebook, apparently just whatever server he had it running on has some issues, and because of him being on vacation and the hurricane, he couldnt actually work on the physical box in the datacenter for a long time, and now he's too busy raising the kids that sira put through college for him to get it handled just right.

if the hdds are dead, all the data's gone, but he does want to put the site back up. even though im largely responsible for it dying, it still bums me out, cuz i had fun playing there in 06-08

Pegasus

I remember legendro!!
great times on that server and met many great people both in game and irl

i remember the last few years only a small handful of staff tried to keep it alive but due to lack of interest it just died :(
great times though :)

Prism~

Wow, I started on that server... Cool to see it's still running (maybe?)

Xarale

Wow, I remember LegendRO.  I would often play LegendRO whenever WolfRO (also hosted under Clownphobia at that time) was down back in 2005.  WolfRO and LegendRO were actually the very first private servers I played!

Sheesh.. I can't believe that was 12 years ago.

-X.

Zakin

Well according to misterj there seems to be a tiny tiny shard of hope left for the server. I sure hope so...

Oldschooler

I think majority of the LegendRO players are just done with Ragnarok. Since LLRO was from 2004~ most players are like 30-40 now. I mean heck, I'm 22 now. I started when I was 10 and Im pretty sure I was one of the youngest.

I know a few players still jump around servers to PvP/WoE. The few I've seen in the past 1-2 years are Emilio and Stavo.

I've tried pushing the staff of Legend to make a new server but I don't think that's ever happening.

Good to see some familiar names here though, misterj and Xarale.

Kurisuga

Late reply, but you'll probably know who I am by my story if you knew me in game.

I'm not posting info to oust anyone, as people change over the years and I have no proof anyways. I just think it was an interesting situation.

Really the main two guilds at the time were only Sedai (oldguard) and TDK (new guys, somewhat)
I played mostly in the 2010-2014 Era of Legendro's life. I was a solo player for the majority of my start, and then eventually joined TDK after befriending a member or two, but generally did my own thing early on.

TDK was owned by Gibs, who had a big ego which I can't to this day figure out if it was a joke or not.
Even though Sedai had less members than us by a long shot for most WoE's, they had a decade worth of god items, including two meg's, so we lost pretty often early on. TDK accused them of buying items for the admins, which may have happened, it was unclear, but some staff were shady as f***.

In retaliation, TDK convinced GM Vitamin C, which was friendly with them to make +9 and +10 of many gears, like diabolus sets, etc. That shifted the tide of WoE pretty fast. Also me and a TDK member found an exploit to abuse the slotter npc and make essentially any slotted gear for free. We abused this for a month before staff even noticed and only got jailed for a week lol.

2012-2013 MistaJ showed up and seemed to want to help the GM's and Cuteboi (main admin) fix up the server. Whether his intentions were sincere at first I'm not sure. MistaJ ended up conversing with the leaders of TDK, after Gibs offered to buy Legendro, but Cuteboi refused, and continued to neglect the server. MistaJ gave us GRF edits of things to make mi gao exploit (lol) less laggy on the maps, and precast spots, markings, and making stalker's footprints more visible. After a couple months of this advantage Sedai seemingly gave up, and a 1 guild server is 100% on death row, in terms of competition, pretty much.

MistaJ conversed on Teamspeak with the main members of TDK that he was going to make a new server at this point that was better, and try to sap all of the remaining Legendro members into it if he could, which he succeeding mostly in doing I think. Basically he advertised it with members of TDK on Legendro's forums for weeks, and the gm's were so inactive they stayed up a long while before being taken down, and people still advertised in game to old members to leave and join them. MistaJ also said he was doing a "TDDOS" to Legendro every other day on Teamspeak (which I don't really think he'd admit any of this lol). He asked if Gibs + Matthew (co owner of TDK) if they wanted to invest in his server beforehand for a chunk of the donation's, and that fell through, (dunno who f*** over who). That server is seemingly dead now, but I'm not 100% sure as I refused to play on it, as I wasn't going to trust someone who would use another server as a stepping stone, even if I was in TDK.

Fast Forward to 2015, 10-15 players in 3rd world countries/toasters still playing with the most corrupt s*** already devastated the community beyond repair, I feel bad for them.

2016, Legendro's site is warned as malware by almost any browser, an extra unneeded nail.

2017+ D E A D

I wasn't a good Samaritan either, with bug abusing npc's, buying mvp's with cash, and I also scammed a well known person called "Gix Mino" out of his characters, which the admins let me keep for some retarded reason.

All in all it was a wild ride, I've changed a lot, maybe MistaJ has too, who knows. All I know is, Legendro was the bottom of the barrel in terms of people being scum f*** bastards in it's last spurt of life lol.

misterj

who the hell was mistaj then.

i know i basically only troll here but that really isn't me, its some guy using the same f*** alias as me. weird.

Kurisuga

Some Swedish man that was one of the admins of divinityRO under another alias to not have a track record.

Oldschooler

LegendRO had the most retarded rules.

I was known as the "biggest scammer ever" on LegendRO back when I played. If you can guess who that is, kudos.

I've scammed/hacked probably 20~30 people. Stole multiple GTB/GR/Deviling cards. In fact I had multiple rebirth characters (of each class) yet I literally made none of those myself.

Funny thing is, the GM's knew what I was doing but the rule was "If you trust someone with your account, it's your fault if anything happens." What a joke of a rule.

Oh and, I was probably 12 years old when I did that. I'm 23 now and don't do that s*** anymore, probably because server populations are just too small and I'd rather keep competition. Also because midrates are easy to gear up anyways.

Samm

sup, I used to be in Apil Juce and Hell's Fire (I think that was the name).

Insomnia2000

Quote from: Samm on Feb 12, 2018, 03:37 PM
sup, I used to be in Apil Juce and Hell's Fire (I think that was the name).

I remember very few names from those days long ago. All I remember from Apil Juce is Zoma. I don't even remember my character's names lol. I was just a random SinX in Redemption.