Help me remember an old server, please!

Started by Living-Dead-girl, Jun 06, 2014, 12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Living-Dead-girl

This is from a while back.. I don't remember exactly I just remember being on that server during the release of homunculus.. So around there.
It was a midrate server named ValkyrieRO.. And it had a starting town in the sky. Most of the cards on the server were custom.
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=919&url_sname=ValkyrieRO
Found the listing. That was it.
that's all they were for a while.. but later they made a high rate server, and a little later more a low rate..
One was named Loki.. and I don't remember what the other was called.. Don't even remember which one was named Loki..
But yeah, the 3 servers. The high rate server is what I want to remember about...
Prontera was completely destroyed. It had a niflheim vibe going. And monsters would roam it too, though most weren't strong. Though there was Dead King Tristram who would invade from time to time.
Does anyone remember this server? Is that awesome town lost forever?
No, it's not the same town as that "Prontera Apocalypse/" that one looks more like it was destroyed in a war..
The one from this old server looks like evil seeped into every bit of it, like niflheim, again.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Kiroshou

I know this topic is super old. I just used the search function. I ran the High Rate you're talking about. It was called Odin. I'm not sure if you even check these boards anymore, but if you do, then there it is.

I did not make that town myself. I pulled it from a website (which allowed anyone to use the town, mind you, I didn't steal anything). The town was very grungy and bloody, right? It honestly had a lot of texture problems, and I'm surprised anyone remembers my obscure server. It didn't last long because I ended up going through a ton of unfortunate stuff in real life that hindered me.

We customized a ton of skills on that server, it was loads of fun to create.

I was [GM] Spazz on ValkyrieRO's main server (the midrate with the floating town), and [GM] Genocide on Odin, alongside [GM] AKW.

I believe the floating town in ValkyrieRO was called Valhalla, and that is a map we actually did create.

As for the town of Prontera in Odin, which you seemed to quite enjoy, it may be gone on the internet forever at this point. A lot of resource websites went under, so it's hard to say if it's still out there, but yeah, at the end of the day, I cannot claim credit for it.