Got Ragnarok Online (gRO)

Started by Hibikitikibi, Jun 23, 2009, 07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hibikitikibi

11x/11x/11x server. It was a great server in the good ol' days, but as many people know it got REALLY corrupt before its shut down. I played there for about 2 years (give or take.). My main characters were Nakora (high wizard female) and DEvyn (creator male). I was in the guilds Syndicate, Mafia, Spartans, and Legendary. Love em' or hate em' if you know me I would like to hear from you and see what you have been up to since gRO.

~Minstrel~

I played on that server i remember all those guilds still. Those were good ol times when Heero was a gm and run the server :)

Arizz

It was a quaint little server when I played there. Heero originally split from acRO and a few of us started on his own server. No matter which server I hopped around I always played gRO at the end of the day. I do remember Syndicate and Mafia somewhat.

I just recently picked up RO again. Whatever happened to gRO?

~Minstrel~

I don't know i sometimes talk to heero though but i haven't mentioned the server i guess he didn't wanted to run a server anymore i played gRO since it first started 5 years ago maybe those 5 years were enough for him

Eve

I played gRO back when it still had two servers. A lowrate 3x 3x 3x and a midrate (forgot the rates for this one). Short after it became 11x 11x 11x, I left.

My in game name was: Ducky

Back when I played gRO it was corrupt also, but nobody knew:) Wont go into detail there:p I loved it when Joker held events, god he was so evil:P

[color=purple]"A cake that is a mixture of some pleasure and some pain is sweeter than no cake at all."[/color]

Pato

I played on the server, don't know if you remember me, I was called Pato, used to play with my friend Hero (not Heero).

We and a few members of gotRO moved to ReboundRO which opens today =D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I made this signature myself =]
If you are seeking a good server with a nice community join ReboundRO http://www.reboundro.com/ opens 07-11-2009

Flip

... I'm not sure why I'm even replying but I will anyway.

I miss (and I do mean really miss) a lot of people from this server. That's all I want to say.

Eve

When did you guys play? With the 11x rates or when there were still two servers?

I miss a lot of people from that server also D:

[color=purple]"A cake that is a mixture of some pleasure and some pain is sweeter than no cake at all."[/color]

~Minstrel~

I remember you pato you were in the angels of might with dark hammer and my cousin a sniper who was called jack i think.Also Flip the GM? man I remember you man those were the good old days.

kochiro

Haha hey i remember this! I downloaded the whole client(which was big!:/) and got a few stuff from people. I missed this server lol. ~

Darkchyldeone

Hey~  ^^

I'm from gRO, From Waay back in the day, lol.  I don't remember my names from on there, aside from Ruby Moon.  I used to always hang out with Holy Hell[Priest](Sam) and Cloaked Avenger[Knight?](Chris) And sometines Jason as well.  I think he has a Wiz named Raistlin Majirie or whatev.  I know I killed the spelling, but, its been Too damn long.

So what has everyone been doing?  God, I miss gRO So much..

~Minstrel~

Darkchyldeone

Its amazing to see How much has changed in the RO world since gRO was around..

Soo much of this stuff wasn't even a Thought when we started.

Rino

Hello~ I use to play gRO. I remember Flip ^_^. IGN was mainly Rino and I was in Empire as far as guilds went. I do miss gRO.  :-\

~Minstrel~

I Remember you, you guys used to hang out with our guild in prontera Stairway to heaven we were allies

Mieu

~Minstrel~

Yes indeed:P I heard heero was gonna try to re open it but then again those might be rumors.

DKLovespanda

Quote from: ~Minstrel~ on Feb 13, 2010, 11:25 PM
Yes indeed:P I heard heero was gonna try to re open it but then again those might be rumors.

Someone told me that too. Hopefully he does though. On topic, I was member of the guild Legendary.

~Minstrel~

Wow Legendary goes way back times when I didn't woe seriously it was a good guild 

Eve

Quote from: Mieu on Feb 13, 2010, 10:43 AM
gro suxd omg

Lies, you know you loved it there:D

I just miss sam (joker), his punishments to rulebreakers were the best >=D

- Eve

DKLovespanda

Quote from: ~Minstrel~ on Feb 16, 2010, 11:09 AM
Wow Legendary goes way back times when I didn't woe seriously it was a good guild 

They're one of the best guilds until they went on their separate ways.

BrokenIris

I remember STH. I used to play gRO when Heero reopened it again this time. I drifted from it but if anyone plays and I know you, I will hop on to say hi and talk for a bit.

Rino~

Ariasqt

Hi i doubt anyone will answer but ill give it a shot, I too have been playing on gRO and I remember there was a custom BGM at prontera from some Anime (at least i think it was from Anime) anyway does anyone remember what the song was called?

~Minstrel~

Might be a late reply but just in case you have or have not found the BGM, the song  /ho name was Canta Per Me by Yuki Kajiura,  /no1 but the one used in gRO was from Noir- Canta Per Me, I actually use it as a BGM too! it suits prontera perfectly ever since I started playing ragnarok.

Kain_Dragoon

Yeah they reset the server 4 times since I started there. Mieu is still a cynic I see, rarely has anything good to say. Ill say this, Heero was Wallstreet he gave out cards to people and raised the drop rate on the server when he needed it. It was a nice place, I loved it there but a lot was going on behind the scenes.  I was in the Wolf Dragoons I was a wiz, then after I was a paladin.  Then people like Ares started to make their way onto the server among more unsavory types and it lost a lot of appeal. I pre dated Mieu, Gods knows why he gave her admin.

Heero

Hi all this is Heero. Just came in to say hi.  I had great times playing with all of you on the server. I hope everyone is doing well. I still play games but not as often. I am currently on PS4/Xbox as WarHeero.   If you feel like contacting me msg me and I'll send you my email. Miss those great times with all of you.

amyoto

hello all, this is Amyoto (the SinX) just wanted to say hi to everyone. i miss you guys. I recently started playing RO again on the server WoonRO Reloaded. its a decent one. im always in Hugel if if you want to say hi.

a lot has changed since the last time i played (2008) people spam pots like its nothing it PvP. so shameful lol. lots of OP new gears. but its ok. the game is still fun after all these years

General

wow, saw this topic, jesus, this was a long time ago.

dark hammer

Its been a while! anyone from legendary, STH, or any other guild that I use to play with still play RO? I was hoping to get back into RO during my free time. gRO sure brings back memories.

casmavado

Geez, i remember the good old days on Gro.
My name was Alexander the great(SinX) back then (Cofounder and Guildleader of Angels of might back then).
Me and my friends (baelgor and Dropje) really had a great time on Gro /heh
PS i remember you Pato /heh

Valaraukar

Hey old gRO players, I played gRO for a long time also.  Started as Valaraukar on a wizard then was known as Vala on a blacksmith, and Achilleus as a GM.  Played in a few guilds, can't remember all the names but whatever wallstreet's guild was on the first server, angels of might, crimson moon, ethereal, and I think some others.  I recognize a lot of the names here, had some good times on the server!  Lost contact with quite a few but keep in touch with others.

Neves

Hey guys, i used to play on gRO aswell (started there after LLRO got corrupt).

Mostly played on my SinX under the name Neves. The people i remember that i mostly hanged around with was EvilSheep(Anna), Nameless and Lymie(think i married her in-game x.x).

The GM i had most contact/chilled with was Raistlin/Dissie (his Wiz/High Priest).

I realy do miss this server, i had loads of fun on it and made loads of friends. I was in a guild named "§hinryu" but unfortunately dont remember many members from it (it's been 13 years, c'mon... xD)

If anyone sees this and remembers me please do send me an email.

Ariasqt

Nice to see so many old ppl from my first private RO server... 12 years ago  /lv /lv /lv

bourne2015

I REMEMBER gRO. It was probably the best experience I have ever personally had with a mmorpg community. I have constantly been trying to find a game with a community quite like this server. But anyways, I played for most the server's lifespan, from like early middle school to high school. My sniper I think was named Bourne or my Stalker... don't remember which. I was the founder of the guild Mystic Lotus (I think that was the name), then I handed the guild over to Billy. I spent most of my time playing with BroLy and Flip in BroLy's guild. So I was mostly in Bloodline Limit, Syndicate, Mafia and one other guild after giving up my guild. After the server ended, I played with Flip and BroLy for a little bit longer on other servers.

Nameless_

Holy s***, this thread made chills crawl down my spine.
The nostalgia is massive.

I used to play gRO and I really enjoyed my time there and I could say it was definitely one of the precious moments I experienced during my life.
I was known for my Champion called Nameless and still remember I made a lot of friends but unfortunately, I lost contact with them.

If anyone still remembers me as ''Nameless'', feel free to say hi.
As for now, I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy life.

Neves

Quote from: Nameless_ on Feb 13, 2019, 04:26 PM
Holy s***, this thread made chills crawl down my spine.
The nostalgia is massive.

I used to play gRO and I really enjoyed my time there and I could say it was definitely one of the precious moments I experienced during my life.
I was known for my Champion called Nameless and still remember I made a lot of friends but unfortunately, I lost contact with them.

If anyone still remembers me as ''Nameless'', feel free to say hi.
As for now, I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy life.

Hahaha yeah i remember you Nameless, Neves here. I made a post about 2-3 above this one xD
Even found this picture with you in it.

jl03

Wow, it's been years but gRO during the early days (I guess when Heero was a GM) was the best experience I had for mmorpg. I honestly don't remember what my character's name were, just that I had WS named Sango lol. I was in a guild called DivinityX - felt like finding something...anything about this server because I stumbled upon this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu8T3xppEhY

iownhardcore

Wow. I haven't touched RO since gRO Shut down.

I recently started to watch people play on twitch (too bad we didn't have that back in the day)

I don't remember which guild i led.. but man reading some of these comments/people brings back a lot of nostalgia.

I was "Iownhardcore" Professor amongst a few other characters which i do not remember their names. I believe Fei was my champion?

I remember GM Mieu and Heero.

How is everyone doing?

Capa

Used to hang out in Prontera with STH.

Fun times!