Sprite Enlarger

Started by demeeuw, Jan 18, 2021, 07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

demeeuw

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to make only a certain sprite of a mob larger when it has a particular name?

For example: 10x Lunatic but 9 of them are named 'Lunatic' and 1 is called 'LOONY'.
I want the one called LOONY to be bigger and the rest remain the same.

I found via act-editor I can enlarge the Lunatic, but this is for all the ones in the game instead of only this particular one.

Thank you,
DM.

neethree

You can make a new mob entry and sprite for the Loony, to make it its own standalone entity rather than borrowing from Lunatic, but it might be easier to do it by script. I guess whereever the script spawns and names the monster, you can make it increase the size as well. There should be a size argument for the monster spawning scripts. How are you naming it?
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

Project Freya

If you are referring to GRF sprite modification, then I think there is no way you can do it. Because a Lunatic can only have one sprite. Unless that Lunatic has 2 different mob ID. If you own the server, however, you can create another monster that has the same data as Lunatic and make it have a different sprite. You can also make a script that will make the Lunatic bigger when its name is "LOONY".

demeeuw

Thanks for the reply guys.

I was only wondering if this was possible in a GRF. or if there is a script for it in the act editor. :P

Ara

Since you'd have to edit some lua files for it, I don't think it's possible to do solely in ACT Editor.

You'd have to separate out the special Lunatic into a different ID, make a large lunatic sprite, and set the new Lunatic ID to the new large lunatic sprite.