AbraRO

Started by Benhk7, Apr 02, 2017, 01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Quote from: Styx on Apr 20, 2017, 05:36 PM
Is he there for the bucks only? No, I don't think so.

lmao weren't you the same guy who said something similar for Yrvine's previous servers? (Case, Talis, Once)
2k21 Return

flipflop9000

This guy deserved any penny I gave him.

Hello. I must disagree. Yrvine's modus has always been "do enough work until I make a profit then ignore the server". Once the donations slows down, he stops putting in effort whether it's to attract more players through updates or to keep his current ones happy. What he does though, is to hold "double donation point" sales usually a month or two before the server lease expires.

Is he there for the bucks only?
Yes, yes he is.

I would pay his server for 3 years to get rid of those crap players
But then he would be your slave insted the "fake woe players'" that you hate so much, judging from your post.

johnysuccess

Quote from: yC on Apr 02, 2017, 11:25 AM
Without sharing data on my end which has the whole story, I'll just look around and point out some public information.

These formatting and images do look similar isn't it?  I hope they won't get a new edit date after my post.

http://forum.ratemyserver.net/mid-rates/abraro-l-fresh-9970-midrate!-l-march-25-2017/

http://forum.ratemyserver.net/low-rates/aspen-server-10105-9970-trans-l-february-2017!/

Well noticed  /no1

Styx

Quote from: TheRealProverbs on Apr 20, 2017, 11:45 PM
Hello. I must disagree. Yrvine's modus has always been "do enough work until I make a profit then ignore the server". Once the donations slows down, he stops putting in effort whether it's to attract more players through updates or to keep his current ones happy. What he does though, is to hold "double donation point" sales usually a month or two before the server lease expires.

You don't decide for me, you took drugs lately? This is my own right to make this choice and, I am aware of the pattern though but he offers something not many servers do offer, majority just run the Renewal based one with all problems coming next. Same thing happens there also, they shut down after a few months, there isn't much difference here really.
He just offers a better emulator, that's worth something even if it is just for a few months.

Yes, yes he is.

I take notice you say that but it is just a statement with lack of proof. I have quite some experience with Pservers around and he is more active then average and does respond.
Most just don't do that even.

But then he would be your slave insted the "fake woe players'" that you hate so much, judging from your post.

I don't have slaves, I don't want them and I don't hate those players. It is all between your own ears really.

Kris

Quote from: Styx on Apr 21, 2017, 01:42 PM
He just offers a better emulator, that's worth something even if it is just for a few months.
Yrvine uses the same towns, same features, the same donation items (which tend to keep getting better every month) from his previous servers. He proceeds to build his server for a couple months, even pretends to hire a couple in game staff (which he is lowkey multi-clienting ) and finally when people realize the grand scheme of things and stop donating, he randomly abandons the server and waits for it to completely die, before he completely shuts the server and starts the entire process again, with a new server name. Yet y'all out here on a yearly basis trying to preach him lmfao

You're the perfect example of a cancerous 'from-time' RO player. Not only are you used to the constant series of unfortunate events from yrvine servers but for some ludicrous reason, you like it. With that being said, you have a wild thought process.  A thought process which includes you thinking that other players would like to play such a server for some godforsaken reason, but I can assure you that you're highly mistaken fam. So I suggest you stop giving potential players the wrong idea about a server, which based on previous incidents, is destined to fail and fall.
2k21 Return

Blinzer

actually, i played on abra for a couple of days since my brother happened to be playing ro and i decided to join him for fun. it's definitely not the bad everyone is making it out to be, but it's definitely not what i would consider good either. it's just your basic server with the basic features which incite and centralize pvp and the lategame mvp strats, nothing out of the ordinary. the donation currency is actually pretty easy to get by playing and it looks like there wasn't even much work put into the donation aspect of the server, so to say the guy is doing it for money is either calling him dumb or being wrong

yeah, the gm is a lamer, i can tell from a mile away with my two interactions with him. what you people fail to understand after 10 years though is that it doesn't matter. if you want to talk about a server you deal in facts about the server, not hearsay like a bunch of amateur politicians. "this person is bad therefore everything this person does is bad" is a logical fallacy and implies intention always lines up with action, which is almost never the case.

Styx

Quote from: Kris on Apr 21, 2017, 08:52 PM
Yrvine uses the same towns, same features, the same donation items (which tend to keep getting better every month) from his previous servers. He proceeds to build his server for a couple months, even pretends to hire a couple in game staff (which he is lowkey multi-clienting ) and finally when people realize the grand scheme of things and stop donating, he randomly abandons the server and waits for it to completely die, before he completely shuts the server and starts the entire process again, with a new server name. Yet y'all out here on a yearly basis trying to preach him lmfao

You're the perfect example of a cancerous 'from-time' RO player. Not only are you used to the constant series of unfortunate events from yrvine servers but for some ludicrous reason, you like it. With that being said, you have a wild thought process.  A thought process which includes you thinking that other players would like to play such a server for some godforsaken reason, but I can assure you that you're highly mistaken fam. So I suggest you stop giving potential players the wrong idea about a server, which based on previous incidents, is destined to fail and fall.

Did you never notice the difference in emulators around Kris, or is it that it due you using 3thpartyprograms that you don't notice the difference anymore?
Suppose it is the same person behind all those servers, they didn't die faster as any other around.
The only thing that matters for me if he gives me entertainment and he did. That is the only reason I would donate for anyway. Spending time having a good time.
On all these servers I was aware the guy behind it was working pretty hard to keep it going, that's my experience. His servers mostly went down due the demands of the population.
He didn't want AHK but he gave permission because a demanding "majority" on the forum wants it. That is the only mistake he makes, he want success with pop on short terms and should go for the long term. There are more players around that don't like to play with or against 3thpartyprograms then the relative small amount that is trying to put pressure on any server where they land.
Then last but not least, donating is a choice you don't have to donate at all and certainly not on this server as poster above stated already. I got a reasonable amount of coins through PvM mainly because AHK users are lazy and mostly trying to generate zeny with abuse and preferable AFK. I think I have gathered around 80 coins which still are in stock.
I didn't leave because of him, I did leave because I don't like to play with a bunch of 3thpartyusers who are able to come with new cheats almost every day and certainly I wouldn't donate to keep their server up. No server ever survived that community for more then 6 months.

Bottles

They were running a much closer emulator to pre-renewal as the custom Rathena one, which is based mainly on Renewal and have barely knowledge about pre-renewal. They even did change some core functions which ethical wasn't correct. You stay away with your dirty fingers changing a game already finished. It is no problem to give a server owner a choice but you just don't change core functions.
Rathena is an unethical emulator concerning Pre-Renewal, if I can avoid it, I will for sure.
If he tries again after this one I will probably be on his server again just because it is so much closer to pre-renewal and so much more fun to play. No hard delays, no renewal boosted t MVP's. Whatever he runs it is far superior above Rathena if it comes to Pre-Renewal.
I feel like I should clarify a few things for you. That rAthena is a closer emulator to pre-re than the Hercules emulator. The original game did have hard delays, adelay was something implemented later. Lastly, if you continue participating in these servers they'll continue to occur with the same results. So if you personally enjoy playing on a server for a longer period of time and you enjoy a slow growing community, then why on Earth would you continue supporting them? For sake of disagreeing with a few people on an RMS forum thread? Or are you simply stubborn and so ill informed that you cannot find a better server or find some other game to play until one that fits your ideal description of a good server to open up?

Oh yea one more thing, I've seen you in other server forums arguing/debating with Kris(this would be the 3rd location). When are you going to learn that you should never feed the trolls?

Styx

Quote from: Bottles on Apr 22, 2017, 03:02 PM
I feel like I should clarify a few things for you. That rAthena is a closer emulator to pre-re than the Hercules emulator. The original game did have hard delays, adelay was something implemented later. Lastly, if you continue participating in these servers they'll continue to occur with the same results. So if you personally enjoy playing on a server for a longer period of time and you enjoy a slow growing community, then why on Earth would you continue supporting them? For sake of disagreeing with a few people on an RMS forum thread? Or are you simply stubborn and so ill informed that you cannot find a better server or find some other game to play until one that fits your ideal description of a good server to open up?

Oh yea one more thing, I've seen you in other server forums arguing/debating with Kris(this would be the 3rd location). When are you going to learn that you should never feed the trolls?

I don't agree with that at all. rAthena is based on Renewal, they made a possibility  to get backwards to pre-renewal but it is still based on Renewal. Their knowledge is mainly there, on Renewal. The early versions were closer to pre-renewal till they decided to tweak some core functions because they believe Gravity forgot to do them. That's where the unethical choice comes in. They didn't give an option with their view on it, they just changed it. Hercules is a different story their developers don't mess around that much with core functions and stay much closer to original pre-renewal which isn't iRO-Classic btw. If I play a server I will know in day if it is closer to pre-renewal or just a standard latest rAthena version, which will have hard delays and those hard delays are very different from the ones you are referring to.
It's my choice to support whoever I want to support for my own reasons. I don't need other opinions to make up my mind. I know what I am doing and why. If someone runs a nice server with good settings, why the hell would I mind to throw in a few bucks and maybe it stays up some longer. I pay for my own entertainment only not yours. Certainly I hope he will try again after the current so called competitive WOE scene have blown up another server. He just runs a better emulator and if you don't recognize it, you don't know pre-renewal as it should be.

Well Kris, I don't know him personal and don't agree with all he says but I take him serious enough to take notice of what he says and consider it. I don't see him as a troll.

kiwikac

Quote from: Styx on Apr 22, 2017, 04:51 PM
I don't see him as a troll.

Is this trolling?

Tbh feeling over server which claims ingame 500 players but it barely reaches 40 real people can never be really pleasant i guess ..

flipflop9000

I take notice you say that but it is just a statement with lack of proof. I have quite some experience with Pservers around and he is more active then average and does respond.
Most just don't do that even.

How am I supposed to have proof if the servers of his are down already? It's not even worth to compile all the proof from all his past servers. A simple RMS forum search would do. There's a reason why just the term and hint of "yrvine" on a server makes a lot of people wary.

I don't have slaves, I don't want them and I don't hate those players. It is all between your own ears really.
You took my statement out of context so I'm gonna assume you're not thinking straight.

You don't decide for me, you took drugs lately? This is my own right to make this choice and

I never imposed any ideas on you nor did I touch upon what you can do or not. When did I ever tell you to do something? Again, context was lost from your blind anger and ego.

You just can't handle people disagreeing with you that's why you go all toxic and defensive even when there is 0 reason to.

Have fun in yrvine's server.

for 3 months

lol

Styx

I tell something from my own experience.
If you consider this as toxic and defensive it just tells something about your own approach and how you handle things.
instead of cutting out phrases to respond on, if you don't agree just give your own view based on your own personal experience.

I already had my fun on this server and frankly I don't care if it is the person you think it is.
My interest is more in the emulator used, though he was and still is very active and does answer but maybe he doesn't like you and don't want to talk to you.

Styx

Quote from: kiwikac on Apr 22, 2017, 06:08 PM
Is this trolling?

Tbh feeling over server which claims ingame 500 players but it barely reaches 40 real people can never be really pleasant i guess ..

IDK, I didn't start about trolling. IDK about the numbers of players present either but yes he did allow botprograms so it's possible.
Though I hope he will have succes and keep them busy there for a very, very long time.

Kris

Quote from: Styx on Apr 22, 2017, 12:19 PM
His servers mostly went down due the demands of the population.

I don't know what rock you've been living under for the past 5 years (time frame of his previous 3 servers), but if that's the reason you think Yrvine's servers went down, you just lost all credibility.
2k21 Return

spamboo

Quote from: Styx on Apr 22, 2017, 12:19 PM
He didn't want AHK but he gave permission because a demanding "majority" on the forum wants it. That is the only mistake he makes.

this is  out of topic i guess, but i would like to point that a server owner should not do all what the population says.
he must kinda think the pro's and con's before implementing anything or adding a new feature. because in this industry a single error can make the server die instantly.

that's all.

so i guess it was his mistake listening to the population.

no hate here. peace! :)