Why everyone wants MVP cards disabled?

Started by Neffletics, Oct 11, 2016, 10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PriestsDontHeal

I've seen more than one low rate server falling apart after one of the guilds got a GTB/Ghostring/Maya Purple Card (Before boxes of sunlight were easy to get). There were also the cases of some very popular and well known low rate servers back in the days where corrupt GMs where also players in the top guilds and gave away GTBs and Ghostrings for their recallers or main emp breakers. I guess a lot of the old school players just got stuck with those bad memories and still don't want nothing to do with MVP cards haha

ggwp

Quote from: Kyo-Kusanagi-aka-GuessWho on Nov 07, 2016, 10:07 PM
Well, depends on the Server experience I guess. Maybe, I just dont remember it exactly. But wouldnt it look stupid if everyone used Earthquake/Ifrit on Woe?
Also it could be abused easily. You could just use one char, give him that on go rampage on endless tower.
Or just letting your paladin in a group of monsters while you stay afk. You could farm things without being on. Thats what you need to think of.
Well, I saw some serious s*** going on at some videos. Mabye it was because it was one of these stupid custome servers with overpowered wings etc.

Also, noticed your signature. You are looking for trouble I guess. Or are you butthurt because you got owned by whitesmiths? :)))) Or did I say something bad in your direction?

Can you tell us your weeds blend recipe ? seems to be good stuff.

Script: <"bonus bBaseAtk,(JobLevel/10);bonus bCritical,(JobLevel/10);bonus bHit,(JobLevel/10);bonus3 bAutoSpellWhenHit,NPC_EARTHQUAKE,2,10;">

If you cant read this script : 1% to proc Earthquake lvl 2 when the user getting hit.

Do you know how pathetic is Lv 2 Earthquake damage (15x15 , 500%x3) ? Dont get blinded by MvP who got 10x or more attack than player , using lvl 10 Earthquake (27x27 , 1800%x3) and have power up buff (3x attack).

If everyone using Ifrit card on WoE hoping for Earthquake proc to kill others ? Yea its stupid beyond repair.

Did you suggesting someone to use this Ifrit card and fight those TV / Bio / Morroc mobs on ET just by EQ proc ?  /...

Why bother getting MvP card if you can do it easier with cheaper and way easier to get stuff ? Int/Vit build is better on autocasting than Str/Vit build too because Enchanted Peach Tree card.

Kyo-Kusanagi-aka-GuessWho

Quote from: ggwp on Nov 09, 2016, 07:31 AM
Can you tell us your weeds blend recipe ? seems to be good stuff.

Script: <"bonus bBaseAtk,(JobLevel/10);bonus bCritical,(JobLevel/10);bonus bHit,(JobLevel/10);bonus3 bAutoSpellWhenHit,NPC_EARTHQUAKE,2,10;">

If you cant read this script : 1% to proc Earthquake lvl 2 when the user getting hit.

Do you know how pathetic is Lv 2 Earthquake damage (15x15 , 500%x3) ? Dont get blinded by MvP who got 10x or more attack than player , using lvl 10 Earthquake (27x27 , 1800%x3) and have power up buff (3x attack).

If everyone using Ifrit card on WoE hoping for Earthquake proc to kill others ? Yea its stupid beyond repair.

Did you suggesting someone to use this Ifrit card and fight those TV / Bio / Morroc mobs on ET just by EQ proc ?  /...

Why bother getting MvP card if you can do it easier with cheaper and way easier to get stuff ? Int/Vit build is better on autocasting than Str/Vit build too because Enchanted Peach Tree card.
I know that earthquake "used" by players are much much much weaker than bosses EQ. Besides that it would cause lag and look stupid on WOE if everyone used. But thats not my main issue here. Its just a thought that came to my mind.
I also didint point out that it can used to farm things on strong areas for farming reasons but rather for low areas to go AFK farming.
What I meant was that it could be used just like people who go afk and let their homunculus do farming job or make zenys on areas that have good drops (what is considered illegal on many servers & they (the alchemists) get punished like bots because they do get items without being on, so they behave like one)

On a Server I joined there were several paladins who were "AFKing" in prt maze03 on Baphomet Jrs. They would leave their characters there which killed the monsters by a skill that comes when the character is attacked. I forgot which card or Weapon it was. They could farm many Yggdrasil Berries (which baphomet jrs. drops) So, they made money in a cheap way, without having to stay on. Like bots. If I remember correctly same has done for seeds.
I mean, Im against Ifrit for abusive reasons. Thats the reason. . Sorry if I didint make that clear. Of course you're right, even if Ifrit card would be banned, there are other cards and gears like that.
I think it was Intensero where this could be seen everyday
Ragnarok Online Player since the very Beta. I'm still in love with the game.

Fraterna

mh

i don't get why all that hate or fear for MvP cards, especially GTB.
true, it gives protection vs magic, but on the other hand you lose the 30% reduction from a thara, hence you'Re actually capable to wear a shield and not any 2h weapon, anyway. GTB is completely useless when facing most swordy, merch, hunter, champ or some other melee and ranged based chars (well, maybe it protects a bit from he additional dmg of some autocast cards, but i haven't really seen that much autoattack/autocast-builds recently in any given WoE). it just protects vs magic, not miraciously makes you immortal, especially with that only 3-4 magic caster classes out there (compared to that many melee types... well...), plus blocking out any useful buff if oyu forget to switch it out.
all i imagine from that GTB whining is that someone's completely not capable to change his/her strategy.
i remember back then, when some HW didn't hit someone with SG, he knew: GTB. so spam the hell stove crasher hitlocking him until a guildie went there and killed that one off, because every fraction of a second hitlock mattered. but nowadays everyone's so whiny about everything because he can't onehit all others in PvP, completely forgetting partyplay because all what matters is MY kill, not YOURS.

i use GTB only for the one and only reason i have it: to block dispell. on any other event/opponent i use thana, horn or whatever card is needed.

FBH on the other hand... well, with all that quite easy to obtain (in pre-re:) +def, +mdef or (in renewal) demihuman-resist gear, how long would it take to kill each other when you do like 1-200ish damage each hit? ridicoulus.

i'm one of those that can grind the whole weekend long brainlessly just to get my gears n stuff done. in my opinion, someone that finally managed to get grip of some awesome gear after days: let him the heck use it as he pleases. efford the hell SHOULD pay out, if you can't agree, go play some salty MOBA game where everyone gets the same chances but cries, flames and whines around anyway

fennec

Quote from: Fraterna on Nov 25, 2016, 07:02 AM
mh

i don't get why all that hate or fear for MvP cards, especially GTB.
true, it gives protection vs magic, but on the other hand you lose the 30% reduction from a thara, hence you'Re actually capable to wear a shield and not any 2h weapon, anyway. GTB is completely useless when facing most swordy, merch, hunter, champ or some other melee and ranged based chars (well, maybe it protects a bit from he additional dmg of some autocast cards, but i haven't really seen that much autoattack/autocast-builds recently in any given WoE). it just protects vs magic, not miraciously makes you immortal, especially with that only 3-4 magic caster classes out there (compared to that many melee types... well...), plus blocking out any useful buff if oyu forget to switch it out.
all i imagine from that GTB whining is that someone's completely not capable to change his/her strategy.
i remember back then, when some HW didn't hit someone with SG, he knew: GTB. so spam the hell stove crasher hitlocking him until a guildie went there and killed that one off, because every fraction of a second hitlock mattered. but nowadays everyone's so whiny about everything because he can't onehit all others in PvP, completely forgetting partyplay because all what matters is MY kill, not YOURS.

i use GTB only for the one and only reason i have it: to block dispell. on any other event/opponent i use thana, horn or whatever card is needed.

FBH on the other hand... well, with all that quite easy to obtain (in pre-re:) +def, +mdef or (in renewal) demihuman-resist gear, how long would it take to kill each other when you do like 1-200ish damage each hit? ridicoulus.

i'm one of those that can grind the whole weekend long brainlessly just to get my gears n stuff done. in my opinion, someone that finally managed to get grip of some awesome gear after days: let him the heck use it as he pleases. efford the hell SHOULD pay out, if you can't agree, go play some salty MOBA game where everyone gets the same chances but cries, flames and whines around anyway

Same sentiments. Wearing GTB doesn't make you invincible, it only gives you a higher chance of surviving a magic spam from Wiz's AoE skills. You can still be OHKO'd by a sonic blow though.

misterj

heh. the magic resistance in woe isn't even the reason gtb is so strong. kinda funny someone says how a hero used stave crasher to save the day against a gtb user (????)

mvping with gtb card is a joy, however. :)