Cookie's new server

Started by betwixtbetween, Aug 25, 2016, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betwixtbetween

Cubano

Hello.

Just to clarify, it is not Cookie's server, it is mine and Nitrous'.

Cookie is solely working on website development.

/no1

rip deityRO

Yuzo

Quote from: Cubano on Aug 25, 2016, 10:03 PM
Hello.

/no1
Pretty sure that douchelord was only a contractor on ggRO and we all know how that turned out. Just associating yourself with that scum is enough to tarnish your server. YOU DO KNOW WHO THIS GUY IS, RIGHT?!

Have a look at their hello & goodbyes: https://forums.deityro.com/forum/8-hello-goodbye/

It's just the same people from DoM, ggRO and all those other money-grab servers.
PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT PLAY THIS SERVER CMON! Wake up. These guys are ruining RO. THEY ARE NOT GONNA GIVE YOU YOUR ULTIMATE RO SOLUTION!!! You guys keep complaining about lack of the right ro experience, yet you keep crawling back to the same scam artists over and over.

**** it all.
lulz
Spoiler

[close]

lnvu

I give it a month or two. Better off playing test servers though.

Kensei

The nostalgia with you people lol

Good luck

meaman654

Excellent, another soap in the making.

ggwp

Quote from: Cubano on Aug 25, 2016, 10:03 PM
Hello.

/no1

ggRO was owned by HotshotGG , then look what happen after that /ok

Time to grab my popcorn.

Herpderp

Ah the good old "Cookie is just the dev, don't worry he can't do anything" trick. Working since SanctityRO!  /heh

Wyvern

Quote from: Yuzo on Aug 25, 2016, 11:37 PM
(...)
Spoiler

[close]

Fake total post count again huh...

Cubano

It is actually true however, that Cookie is solely working on web development.

There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that happened on ggRO that made Cookie essentially the owner that will not happen on mine; Hotshot basically abandoned the project and left it to Cookie and co.

Say what you want about Cookie's past, he is still an amazing dev and has helped me out enormously with getting this server up and running.

This is not a trick or a gimmick, this is my project together with Nitrous (we have been guildmates for a long time in the past).

As for the post count thing...  /heh

rip deityRO

snowblind

so, they're launching already but none of the links on the website are working, not even the forums?

Cubano

Quote from: snowblind on Aug 26, 2016, 01:20 PM
so, they're launching already but none of the links on the website are working, not even the forums?
That's odd, they were working yesterday.

I'll have nitrous look into it.

Link to forums: https://forums.deityro.com/

Quote from: ElariaRO on Aug 26, 2016, 01:40 PM
^

Yes, as in I am a first time server owner and he made my life a lot easier finding all of the necessary forum licenses, hosts, etc.

He has not even touched the game code, that was all nitrous' work and he has done an amazing job!

rip deityRO

EclipseToo

Quote from: Cubano on Aug 26, 2016, 01:47 PM
That's odd, they were working yesterday.

I'll have nitrous look into it.

Yes, as in I am a first time server owner and he made my life a lot easier finding all of the necessary forum licenses, hosts, etc.

He has not even touched the game code, that was all nitrous' work and he has done an amazing job!

If he's working on the website then he's going to need to know server database information, otherwise I can't see how he could set up account registrations or anything else. Even if it's not the root DB account (I hope not anyway) any connections to the DB require you to have credentials somewhere in the website's code.

I'd argue that having access to your server's game database is the real threat, because that's where all the damage can happen. And it's worse because there's likely not going to be a log of direct changes to the database. People don't care if he touches game code or not, he still will end up with access to all your account information, donation information, and other things that I don't think people trust Cookie with.

Cookie was for sure the cause of the death of every server he's interacted with from DivinityRO to SanctityRO to eoRO to ggRO. Everyone knows this. I'm sure you've already been warned about Cookie by everyone already anyway. I don't know who you are Cubano but I wish you the best of luck dealing with Cookie and friends.

Styx

Probably won't work long indeed and it seems the server is customized to protect a certain approach or strat.
Still might be worth a try for a group but certainly not for a casual or PvM player/group.

Cubano

Quote from: Styx on Aug 27, 2016, 03:13 PM
Probably won't work long indeed and it seems the server is customized to protect a certain approach or strat.
Still might be worth a try for a group but certainly not for a casual or PvM player/group.
Explain?

rip deityRO