LFS - Long-time RO player coming back into the game.

Started by Hibou, Apr 09, 2015, 07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hibou

Hello everyone! You may have seen me perusing around, looking for a server that fits my horribly old fashioned needs. As far as RO features go, here's what I aim for on the whole when looking for a server to call home;

- Rates a minimum of 20x/20x/10x to a max of 85x/85x/40x. I'm willing to budge on item drop rates (higher or lower) somewhat, but the max base/job rates notsomuch. Lower base/job rates I'm also willing to  look into, but it depends on the server; I don't mind puttin' in the extra work.

- Decently active population. A few servers I checked out already had say, 25 people online? 17 were merchants. I would like a place that is relatively developed and active, as a minimum. I don't mind the densely populated servers so much, however I do find people tend to stick with those they know more in those situations. Min. 30 active, max of 500? I guess? Haha.

- Preferably not renewal, but I'm willing to learn it. I've been playing RO for about ten years, but the last two or three of those I've been console gaming. (So basically as Renewal started to get introduced to private servers with sufficient balance.)

- Friendly/welcoming community. I won't lie, a few places I went to had people scoff at me for being new, or more commonly outright ignore me. I'm not bringing old friends with me, we all tended to play other games now, so I'd like to make new friends as I tend to be more for the social aspect of servers these days. (In terms of I don't WoE/PvP anymore.)

- Server location doesn't matter too much to me, but preferably English Speaking as a main. I'm from Canada, I've played on EU servers and US servers alike - I just don't like being surrounded by folks who only speak another language... xD

- Customizations kept in check. I like fancy headgears, I like little modifications to maps here and there, etc... I don't like the game completely flipped upside down. I suppose I should also put here I have a severe need for a Warper NPC, Job Change NPC, Reset NPC, @go, and while I would ADORE it if you also have @storage I think I can get by without it if need be. (You know, if everything else was in place but that was the one thing not there? I'd live.)

I suppose that's it! I love bringing what I can to a new or older server, having done so in the past as both a player and a GM. It's a lot of fun helping new folks, leveling with guildmates, and farming for gear. To me. I'm weird. Anyways, I just want to find that old fun again, hopefully one of you guys fit the bill.  /no1

Hibou

Sorry for double-posting of sorts, modified the rates and the stipulations around it a bit so it offered a wider range.

Hibou

Thanks for the suggestion, Eesti/GM Jenny.  /ok I've looked around a bit ingame the past couple days, sadly everyone's rather... quiet. Lots of people! Just quiet folks. -chuckles-

I'm still interested to see what other servers may be out there, folks.  /no1 I'll give a fair look around through both ingame and forums.

Zhin

Heya,

we have pretty much all of that and more at LeikaRO. c: Our rates are a little lower than you've asked for, but not by much! Unlike most servers, we don't have the EXP penalty that Renewal usually has, but we still have the EXP bonuses that you get from killing mobs higher than you that you get from pre-renewal.

It's Renewal, as well, but everything else is pretty much exactly what you want. We have a great community, very welcoming and helpful. We have usually 20-30 people [actual people] online at most times. We have warper, job changer, tons of hats and all sorts of new content that you can not find anywhere else.

I hope you take a look at it. c:

www.leika-ro.net

dikapramantya

You must join in Private Server Ragnarok sir hehe.
in there we have good community, Free Leech from me if you have lvl 135. /GG
population is like 30-60 vending just 3-10 . and zeny very important here.
Donation balance no OP , and have a custom Side story is cool.
if you interest this the information.

Server Website : www.playprivateserver.com

Server Information :
Exp Rate 4000x/1000x
Drop Rate is custom but Card Normal is 5%
Have a 3rd Job and new Skill
Homunculus S
Kagero Oboro and Rebellion
Pra Renewal Mechanicsm

you can whisp me in game , my nick is Bless.To.You sir is my Arc Bishop name. because AB is very important here hahahha

TinaPi

Hello Hibou!

I'm currently playing in AnesisRO and have been playing since end of 2006 when it was called AnimaRO.

Rate: 10x/10x/5x
Population: Around 100 with maybe 40(?) vendors and some AFK players.
Pre-Renewal.
Community: I recently got back into playing RO in here and I did meet a few nice people. :)
Language: English
Customization: Warper NPC, Job Change NPC, Reset NPC, @autoloot, no @go/@storage though. We also have custom quests, map, items and customized items.

Check out this server:

Server website: www.anesisro.com
Server info on rms: Here

/no1