Things everybody else wants in RO except you

Started by Playtester, Sep 03, 2014, 09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxlunch

Quote from: flyingheo on Sep 05, 2014, 12:47 AMCustom- I have no clue who thought custom wings were a good idea. I like over power skill, the way they're designed to be. I don't like how server advertise 'balance'. So what if gravity didn't do a good job balancing the skills and classes, how can a group of people that copied their game make it better?
Custom wings were a good gimmick in 2006, but then they lingered on.

RO mechanics are broken by design, and there's really no reason to be happy with the state of the game. The original development team quit right after the game launched in 2004, and because of poor coding protocols, there were a lot of bugs that still exist today. Moreover the new dev team and leaders did a terrible job trying to fix the bug and only created more bugs. So players who have been playing for a long time have tried to fix the bugs themselves based on the discrepancies between what classes and skills currently do and what they should be doing (based on the function of the class in the greater metagame). Granted only very rarely do servers actually balance things out, but even then, at least they're trying to fix what Gravity refuses to. If you don't like balance then feel free to play iRO with all it's bugs and crappy microtransactions, etc.

Quote from: Playtester on Sep 05, 2014, 04:07 AM@boxlunch
What do you find so bad about pre-trans servers? "It's 10 years old" doesn't really seem to be a valid reason for me.
If you ask me a lot of things were better pre-Amatsu, like monster stats and spawns.
Trans classes aren't that bad, since they balanced out a few things, though. I guess you mean that.
The metagame of pretrans is 10 years old, and it was never meant to be the endgame. Those classes and skills aren't developed enough for solid class coherency in WoE, let alone aspects like MVPing and general PvE that the game was designed to evolve towards. You can't GvG with pre-trans classes, nor can you barley portal cast. I have played a few pre-trans servers and their WoEs are amongst the worst I've ever seen.

Trans classes are where the metagame was supposed to end up, and where the true endgame lies. There's enough class balance and build variance to build cohesive groups and have real battles.

flyingheo

Quote from: boxlunch on Sep 05, 2014, 12:13 PM
Custom wings were a good gimmick in 2006, but then they lingered on.

RO mechanics are broken by design, and there's really no reason to be happy with the state of the game. The original development team quit right after the game launched in 2004, and because of poor coding protocols, there were a lot of bugs that still exist today. Moreover the new dev team and leaders did a terrible job trying to fix the bug and only created more bugs. So players who have been playing for a long time have tried to fix the bugs themselves based on the discrepancies between what classes and skills currently do and what they should be doing (based on the function of the class in the greater metagame). Granted only very rarely do servers actually balance things out, but even then, at least they're trying to fix what Gravity refuses to. If you don't like balance then feel free to play iRO with all it's bugs and crappy microtransactions, etc.
The metagame of pretrans is 10 years old, and it was never meant to be the endgame. Those classes and skills aren't developed enough for solid class coherency in WoE, let alone aspects like MVPing and general PvE that the game was designed to evolve towards. You can't GvG with pre-trans classes, nor can you barley portal cast. I have played a few pre-trans servers and their WoEs are amongst the worst I've ever seen.

Trans classes are where the metagame was supposed to end up, and where the true endgame lies. There's enough class balance and build variance to build cohesive groups and have real battles.

I'm sorry, did I step on your tail. It's so funny how work up you get over a post about people own opinion. Because the core creator left Gravity, therefore, everything is broken and unbalance. Wouldn't it be easier to let something go instead of trying to put the pieces back together for a group of people you do not know or understand? Just because someone shouted it wasn't how they intended to make the game, doesn't mean it's the truth. Just because you believe you can balance and fix something that wasn't yours to start with doesn't mean it hold truth to the world. I do not care how much you're trying to fix something that wasn't yours to start with. You have no rights to tell me that I am wrong by playing this crappy game you're trying so hard to fix.

I have no clue why would you be so disrespectful about someone else post on what they do not want in a server. But then thanks to your post it reminded me how your partner and you went on other server forum to post about your WoE. If you have any type of respect for other server or players. You wouldn't have done that. This is my opinion on customized server, if you feel that I am not your type of players. Congratulation. You are correct. Beside that, I know you're going to come typing random stuff to back yourself up. I do not care what you type. This is what I do not want while looking for a server. It does not have anything to do with you or your customized server. Or you're disrespectful tone either.

@Playtester: Oops. Sorry about that I didn't notice that I left out the word not. ^^

Skulomania

1. Customs ( headgears, equips)

2. Battleground equipment

3. Third Party Programs ( Ruined woe for me)

4. PvP Potting. I really hate servers where pvp is non stop potting.

5. Automated Events :P . I really like the nostalgia, of waiting for a GM to do an event, and when he comes online, having an event is just way more exciting; and rewarding in some cases. But with all these automated events, which are boring most of the time and are just used now to get certain equips, events have become like just another farming map

6. Cash/Vote Shops where you need to do events or vote to get stuff from it. -.-

boxlunch

Quote from: flyingheo on Sep 06, 2014, 01:44 AM
I'm sorry, did I step on your tail. It's so funny how work up you get over a post about people own opinion. Because the core creator left Gravity, therefore, everything is broken and unbalance. Wouldn't it be easier to let something go instead of trying to put the pieces back together for a group of people you do not know or understand? Just because someone shouted it wasn't how they intended to make the game, doesn't mean it's the truth. Just because you believe you can balance and fix something that wasn't yours to start with doesn't mean it hold truth to the world. I do not care how much you're trying to fix something that wasn't yours to start with. You have no rights to tell me that I am wrong by playing this crappy game you're trying so hard to fix.

I have no clue why would you be so disrespectful about someone else post on what they do not want in a server. But then thanks to your post it reminded me how your partner and you went on other server forum to post about your WoE. If you have any type of respect for other server or players. You wouldn't have done that. This is my opinion on customized server, if you feel that I am not your type of players. Congratulation. You are correct. Beside that, I know you're going to come typing random stuff to back yourself up. I do not care what you type. This is what I do not want while looking for a server. It does not have anything to do with you or your customized server. Or you're disrespectful tone either.
I'm not getting worked up, I'm just answering your complaint by stating the facts. If anyone is getting worked up it's you by taking it so personally when all I was doing was answering your complaint;

RO is a broken game by design. People who play any game generally want it to work bug free. Sadly, Gravity hasn't lived up to its commitment at all, so players decided to do something themselves. Like I said, balancing has barely ever done properly (a lot of servers actually have no idea what they're doing), but there are times when it's done properly. If you want to play the broken "official" version, then that's your right, just as it is the right of those who want to fix the game to play their versions. The whole matter of property is moot since private servers are illegal anyways. In the eyes of copyright law, playing on a private server that copies official mechanics is just as bad, if not worse, than a private server that changes its mechanics -- official pservers are just ripoffs of the real thing (which is f2p btw, so I don't know why you'd even play one) whereas custom servers have deviated enough from the original that it's not an exact duplicate. It's also pretty hilarious that you had no issue with me agreeing with your distaste of custom wings, but then did a complete 180 when I told you why people make custom servers.

This is the server discussion section, not the rant and rave section. If you just want to complain about stuff, go post in the latter as that is the function of that section. If you post under a discussion section, then obviously people will discuss what others have posted -- as I clearly have done here. If you don't want people to discuss what you post, don't post in a discussion section. It's pretty simple. No one else here has any problem with people quoting their posts; Playtester quoted my post and I happily responded. I didn't get offended by it and then complain about it so I'm not sure why you're taking it so personally. Next time check what section you're in before posting.

My post has nothing to do with the type of server I manage. I was giving a direct answer to official ripoffs vs custom servers. Clearly you have nothing to add to the discussion, so let's just leave it at that. Next time don't post a statement under a discussion section and then cry when someone responds to it.

Quote from: Skulomania on Sep 06, 2014, 03:27 PM
1. Customs ( headgears, equips)

2. Battleground equipment

3. Third Party Programs ( Ruined woe for me)

4. PvP Potting. I really hate servers where pvp is non stop potting.

5. Automated Events :P . I really like the nostalgia, of waiting for a GM to do an event, and when he comes online, having an event is just way more exciting; and rewarding in some cases. But with all these automated events, which are boring most of the time and are just used now to get certain equips, events have become like just another farming map

6. Cash/Vote Shops where you need to do events or vote to get stuff from it. -.-
I find customs to be nice when they can be added without impeding gameplay. Out of the dozens upon dozens of servers I've played on, only a couple have done it right though. I agree it really sucks when servers add a custom item that makes every other item useless, and makes gameplay more static. Back in 2005 I played on XileRO which basically replaced all other weapons with its custom, super powered weapons (+stats, 4 slotted). These were donate-able and available in-game, so everyone opted for those. It really made battles generic and ruined the game. It got even worse when they added more donate-only gear sets which added +100 stats to everything and made it gears > skill.

Battlegrounds equip added for more diversity, although the weapons could be OP depending on the situation. Moreoften than not, they made other gears obsolete on servers, but given the effort to get them, could be understandable. On an official server, as they were intended, you would have to be properly geared, then have to try your luck even getting into BG, and then if by some miracle you got in you'd have to win for it even to be worth it. You'd need many wins to get the badges needed for the item you wanted. So if servers adjusted the cost of the items based on server rates and population, it could work out pretty well.

Yeah, 3PP programs killed most WoE. People had insane macros which required very little work on their end. Some may argue it positively effected the metagame, but honestly it got pretty ridiculous and did more harm than good.

PVP potting is dumb, yeah.

Servers put in automated events simply because they lack the staff necessary for constant events. I don't think any server has a dedicated, around the clock staff like officials do. They also seldom get paid, so their involvement is based solely on interest and not fixed commitment. When you have all these factors, automated events become necessary. I agree though, it would be great if we didn't need a whole bunch of automated events that eventually become dull an repetitive. However, some can be pretty good. EssenceRO had Survival Arena which was always packed during the peak years, and hundreds of players would camp the npcs trying to get in. It was a really fun automated event that no one ever complained about.

Vote shops are directly correlated to voting so there's not much you can do with that. I really hate cash shops that force donations from players in order to reach end game. Donations should be voluntary, not required to play like on pay2win servers. They should add efficiency for the players who don't want to grind, but at the same time shouldn't give them a superior advantage over those who do.

dontknowright

I forgot to add but the last post reminded me:

Things everybody else wants in RO except you:
A "re-balancing" of RO. I give credit where credit is due - Gravity has done a decent job considering the lifetime of the game and all the changes it went through. Definitely far from perfect, but I laugh when I see people try to "re-balance" the game, which in turn dominoes into 400 other changes they never intended to make, which in turn breaks balance on 1000 other things. Rinse and repeat.

Nothing personal - but you sound quite angry at Gravity (and quite condescending to others).

Gravity has my respect.  /ok

flyingheo

Quote from: boxlunch on Sep 07, 2014, 12:56 PM
I'm not getting worked up, I'm just answering your complaint by stating the facts. If anyone is getting worked up it's you by taking it so personally when all I was doing was answering your complaint;

RO is a broken game by design. People who play any game generally want it to work bug free. Sadly, Gravity hasn't lived up to its commitment at all, so players decided to do something themselves. Like I said, balancing has barely ever done properly (a lot of servers actually have no idea what they're doing), but there are times when it's done properly. If you want to play the broken "official" version, then that's your right, just as it is the right of those who want to fix the game to play their versions. The whole matter of property is moot since private servers are illegal anyways. In the eyes of copyright law, playing on a private server that copies official mechanics is just as bad, if not worse, than a private server that changes its mechanics -- official pservers are just ripoffs of the real thing (which is f2p btw, so I don't know why you'd even play one) whereas custom servers have deviated enough from the original that it's not an exact duplicate. It's also pretty hilarious that you had no issue with me agreeing with your distaste of custom wings, but then did a complete 180 when I told you why people make custom servers.

This is the server discussion section, not the rant and rave section. If you just want to complain about stuff, go post in the latter as that is the function of that section. If you post under a discussion section, then obviously people will discuss what others have posted -- as I clearly have done here. If you don't want people to discuss what you post, don't post in a discussion section. It's pretty simple. No one else here has any problem with people quoting their posts; Playtester quoted my post and I happily responded. I didn't get offended by it and then complain about it so I'm not sure why you're taking it so personally. Next time check what section you're in before posting.

My post has nothing to do with the type of server I manage. I was giving a direct answer to official ripoffs vs custom servers. Clearly you have nothing to add to the discussion, so let's just leave it at that. Next time don't post a statement under a discussion section and then cry when someone responds to it.

You're not getting work up? Really? This is server discussion, that is correct. This is also an opinion thread created asking what people do not like. You have your own opinion, and I have mine. I didn't quote you stating that you're wrong for having your own opinion. I'm crying about a post that I made? Or you're crying about a post I made? There is a big differences.

I will still continue to support my opinion about customization: I do not like them. I do not feel it is necessary to add 'balance'. Players are curious creatures that will learn how to survive, and develop tactics against any imbalance skill. I like the renewal. It's something new and different. It's not that same as it was before, but lingering feeling to hold on to something that is long gone isn't the solution. I choose to continue playing Ragnarok Online is not because of old feelings. I choose to play it at my own will to start a new character in renewal. I choose not to play iRO because I can.

Why Do I choose to play a private server not iRO: To start with this is totally none of your business. You're so rude in my different ways. Just because what I'm saying is not correct in your eyes does not mean it is wrong. However, this is the reasons why I choose to play a renewal server. I like talking to GM in private server. I like private renewal server because I pick one with a great set of players. If you want to tell me that I am wrong to have my own opinion. Then I will tell you that my friends and I will never be a part of your server. You will be a dictator on your server without acknowledging anyone opinion. Your opinion will always hold true to you regardless of what others say. 

I posted my opinion stating that I do not like when server use the word 'balance'. What hold true to you, doesn't necessary hold true to the entire world, does it? Oh mighty God of Customized Balance Server. Just because you believe changing something or some skill will make the Game more balance does not means it will in the eyes of others. Just because you believe 'this' is better for you and the group of people that you are entertaining does mean it is true. Just because you think you're doing the right thing, does not mean it's correct. Just because you believe that you, yourself, can understand and acknowledge the true meaning of Ragnarok Online, does not mean everyone or anyone in the world will believe and understand you. Just because you feel that it is a rip off when server does not implement customized balance does not mean you're not ripping off the game yourself trying to balance it. Why would would you continue to waste your time fixing something that wasn't yours to start with? If you're going to tell me that it's for the set of players that wants a balance RO, then from your successful attempt. I haven't seen that many.

Also, the wings, you stated it was a gimmick that continues to linger. I actually do agree with you on that. Everything is a good gimmick including 'balance', but I do hope this one will not linger on.

The word 'balance' itself cannot hold true to the entire world. You cannot tell anyone in this world that you will be able to create a 'balance' version of RO without any biased views from you. You should show some type of respect for Gravity. They created what you are using now. Without them, where will you get these 'imbalanced task' for you to waste your time on. Your view will never be able to acknowledge or understand any players' views. You will continue to be biased toward your 'balance' system.

P.S. I totally forgot your statement about other servers' customization. Seriously, everyone is doing it wrong beside you. You're the only one that will provide players with 'accurate balanced Ragnarok Online'. Let's get down to the point, one of the biggest & successful customized private server is TalonRO. They're doing very well consider how their customization is 'wrong & imbalance'. They're doing only around thousand times better than you.

Stating that everyone else is wrong beside you is so... I have no clue consider you as arrogant or just ignorant.

Yozakura

@boxlunch

I'm sorry to say but your way of responding to other people's posts does have an offensive vibe to it, due to your "what I think = proper; everything else = broken" stance. This is a preference thread, not a "my opinion > yours" bashfest.

Back on topic.

1. "Non-broken" pre-renewal - I have nothing against pre-renewal besides the fact that I'm tired of it, I've played it for years, and it does get boring. I like renewal servers, but unfortunately most are short-lived, due to the fact that they are run by usually inexperienced/incompetent admins, who either f*** everything up by tweaking stuff, or just blindly follow kRO renewal--which is, designed for kRO taking into account their economy, population, etc (this includes the thousands of god items, mvp cards, and all that stuff). Funny that these same servers remove those items due to their imbalanced nature. It's true, renewal needs rebalancing, and nobody has done it right in private servers. Not yet. And the way things go, it doesn't seem like we're going anywhere. Sure it isn't exactly balanced in official servers, but hey, if EDP Soul Link SB SinXs oneshotting everyone is your idea of balance, whatever floats your boat. ;)

2. Autoloot - As the people higher up the thread already mentioned, autoloot does cause a significant level of imbalance in PVM and farming, such as ranged classes having an unfair advantage, the infamous Asura+die hunting methods, et cetera.

3. Job changers and resetters - Jobchange quests are interesting (and should be essential), and so is leveling with your final build. Challenging, yes, but that's how it's supposed to be. I find it hilarious how there are hundreds, maybe thousands of "elite PVPers" who have no idea how to transcend without jobchangers or consulting guides online.

4. Vote/Cash shop - This was actually the reason why I left official servers (way back around 2007~2008 when the kafra shops first showed up)--this broke online games imo. Equips, pots, gears, etc, were suddenly there, and suddenly people could be rich and get high-tier gear by simply burning a few bucks in the cash shop. While many decent private servers are significantly less broken, the mere presence of it is still annoying to me. I remember those times when donating and voting were about supporting the server, and not about buying stuff or earning brownie points.

5. Broken customs - "Well, who doesn't?" Apparently lots of people do. While many people would say official items like GTB cards are imbalanced, consider official server situations. You think a shield card that nullifies magic is imbalanced when there are 40 Sorcerers precasting Psychic Wave with different elements at spawn? Think again. ;)

6. Players who choose their classes and/or builds based on demand - I've ALWAYS hated this. I hate it when people join my guild and ask me what class we need so they can switch to it, or what's the strongest build for x class blah blah blah... It's a game! Play it however the hell you want.

That's all I can think of for now.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Deacon

I'm not going to s*** in everyone's face here with a list of things I have been waiting for to happen for years. It's all probably been said already anyway. That being said, two things do come to mind. I would like everybody and their grandmother's cat who's an advertising server owner to STOP calling their server Fair and Balanced. It's like Marlboro claiming cigarettes are good for your lungs. It's never f*** true and I have been on a LOT of servers. Just.. outline the strengths of your server and stop spouting all that horse s***.

Second thing I want to see, from the entire private RO actually, is some consolidation. It's all one tweaked-out server after the other that doesn't know how do things and shuts down after three months. Have ONE well maintained, uncustomized, up to date full renewal server out there as a proof of concept, that the private server scene can stand on its own. That the private scene is actually a 'thing'. Right now it's nothing more than a steaming heap of dung.  RMS would be a great place for such a thing, because it's already something of a nexus for the entire scene. But whatever.

I gave up on the private scene something like a year ago. I was right there when rAthena was released and I enjoyed the first proper, if short lived lowrate full-renewals. I was just never able to find that one place I could put my feet up. Heck, I know that won't happen and nothing I write or do will ever change that. If it wasn't for a friend asking me to post something here,  probably wouldn't have bothered. But there you have it.
This server is delisted, please notify the server owner.
It might be because this listing does not meet our Basic Server Requirements, the server is no longer available or the server owner have chosen to take this listing offline.

Chojiro

Quote from: Fluorite~ on Sep 05, 2014, 12:31 AMEveryone wants:  3rd party programs/cheats to help them out in WoE.  It applies moreso to high rate or "competitive" servers.  It's gotten to the point where people claim that it's an important part of the game and that they won't play on a server without their precious cheats.
I don't think everyone wants it this way. Some people keep using them and they'll leave a server if they cannot use them. Most people have come to realize it's better to just let everyone use them because of these selfish people. A lot of servers died because they also banned anyone using any form of macros and AHK along with the other programs. AHK/macros became popular and they're now seem as a vital part of the game, mostly because you cannot physically click as fast and consistently as the game lets you use skills, and without an autopot it would result in a button mashing exercise. I once saw some people use the same argument for nodelay but it completely removes the excitement for me, at least only AHK/macros is still fun. Basically the nature of private server GvG is fast paced and it's more intense with AHK (I agree with this).
beep beep

Chilly

I know some of these were mentioned already, but i'm bored at work so i'll make a list too.

Everyone wants: limited customizations.  I have way to many ideas of things i've been wanting to change since i first got into private servers, from how refining works, to randomizing stats on gears, to buffing mvps to make them impossible to solo, etc.  I usually get positive feedback when i tell other people these ideas, until i actually suggest them for a server i happen to be playing on where it gets denied instantly.

Everyone wants: things they liked from their last server.  This mainly applies when switching from higher to lower rate servers, where the conveniences slowly get removed as the rates get lower.  Can't we all just agree that things like healer/warper/kafra/tool dealer in every town is a convenience and it does not magically make the game "too easy"?  I like lower rates but hate when they don't have convenience npcs.

Everyone wants: no wings.  Official servers have wings now, but i still have no idea why people hate them.

Everyone wants: bugs to abuse.  Body relocate, ice wall, and most trap skills have never worked properly on any private server i've played on, and nobody seems to care except for the few of us who have played on official servers.  Don't even get me started on servers that add new classes the same week/month they are released on kro.

Everyone wants: woe/bg/pvp focused servers.  I've only played one server that had no PvE side at all, it died in under a month and i only played it for about 3 days.  As much as i love to spend an entire day in bg, mvping is still just as fun to me, even more so with a big group in places like ET or thanatos tower.  Now if i could just find a server with ridiculously challenging custom areas/bosses i would be a happy camper.

Everyone wants: extra programs to make up for their lack of skill.  I don't mind things like RCX much, but anything macro related is basically a bot and a way to cheat.  Along with the bug abuse of skills like body relocate getting out of hand, macro/bot programs becoming a "must have" to do woe is why i quit playing RO a few years ago.

Blinzer

exii

Not really. Especially highrate servers often have the problem that economy is extremly bad just because zeny are nothing worth. Those server often missing a source to encounter massive inflation.
Also seen some servers where 20 online and not a single shop just because there was no use for zeny.
The population trade mvp cards or some stuff instead.

Zeny so 2011.
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

Duckshooter

Quote from: Playtester on Sep 03, 2014, 09:52 AM
3. Everybody wants: Anubis!

Oh my god yes!! Every server I played in the last years...... everyone's leveling and leeching there. I'm always the one guy in #main that is hating on Anubis.
Every new server got some high priests as first trans class.

Stupid Anubis D:

Bunny

I don't really see the issue with Anubis?  Changing a default setting to nerf one particular classes leveling ability sounds pretty lame, if you ask me.  Why shouldn't priests be able to solo, anyways?  Why should they always be dependent on other people for literally everything?  What I'm tired of is people qqing in games--not just RO--that "omg, priest hax, priests should have no leveling capabilities, at all! ZERO! NONE!"  And let's remove holy light and shift healing, by the way, because my god, that is just too much.

Priests are still going to be your primary healers and you'll always find a healer for your party; they'll never have the best dps and cannot do much against other mobs, but at least it's something so they can have a little independence.  Have you seen some of the skills they get in third job?  Some of them are kind of fun, actually. o-o  But one of the fun things about priests is that you can have multiples of the same class with entirely different builds for different roles, etc.  The variety is really interesting and it's kind of nice. 

In other games, the only issue I see with priests having dps capabilities is when you're forced to pug instances and... well... there's your priest.  But in RO and games which don't pug?  I seriously don't see the problem. 

As for things a lot of people like... hmm... I actually like classic warper or unlockable warps, despite knowing many people who dislike both of those.  I find that it adds to the exploration aspect of RO and you can travel maps more--sure, it takes longer, but what's the point of RO's many maps if you never even visit them?  People don't even visit the shops, or any buildings, or even do quests, anymore.  In some servers, maybe, but most people I've seen in the servers I've been playing, recently, have absolutely not.  A lot of features that are continuously being implemented are so lazy and uninspiring. 

I would actually really love some kind of feature that encourages more map exploration and more people visiting buildings--because some are pretty interesting.  Even though I feel that way, there's really no reason for me to--no one I want to talk with ever goes inside and you're always rushing to get everything done.  I just want everyone to have fun without the feeling of constantly having to get everything done as fast as you can.  Obviously, yes, this is an mmo, and you're going to want to accomplish many things quickly, but at least make it a little more fun--add some rpg features... or, you know... don't take away the only ones you have and make the entire game simply a grindfest.  @_@;

As for wings... it's interesting that some mentioned people *don't* want wings.  I remember the first server I played, everyone was crazy about them and I was the only one who hated them.  I just don't like the massiveness about them.  They're so huggeeeeee and look totally out of place.  Just because the official server has wings doesn't always mean it's good aesthetically.  A lot of games will add some hideous looking stuff just to try to cater toward the 12year olds who think wearing matching flame shirts and shorts are super awesome.  Which, by the way, it's not.   

Playtester

Well first of all, I think an MMORPG is more interesting if each class can only do one thing good. So Priests should NOT be able to kill a non-undead monster. Wizards shouldn't be able to survive without protection. Tanks should not be able to deal efficient damage. This creates diversity and makes the game focus on party play. If you want to level efficiently, get a party.
RO used to be really strong in that regard but it was slowly ruined one by one. These days with 3rd classes, everybody can do everything and party play is something you only do for fun but will never be the most efficient way of leveling and hunting anymore.

Anubis is a big problem in that regard. Priests can level at Anubis more efficiently than they could in a party. This leads to all the priests just soloing there. It's not very fun gameplay for them (always same place) and people who actually want to party always have trouble finding a priest now. Before Anubis you frequently had Priests running around Prontera asking for party, now you won't see that anymore at all.

Anubis is also generally just TOO GOOD when it comes to exp. It is so good that even non-priests prefer leveling there. Players actually use Ygg Leaves on it! That shows just how broken it is. Its whole HP/Power/Exp ratio is completely unbalanced if you compare it to any other monsters.

There were ways for priests to level before, they could TU Ancient Mummies or Wraith Dead or offensive Heal Prisoners and stuff. Those were possibilities but still party play was more efficient so there was still a reason for them to party up anyway.