Why don't you like 3rd Jobs?

Started by eKoh, Jul 23, 2014, 02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrew2

I played a low rate renewal server, 1x, and it was a lot of fun, surprisingly. The leveling was not too fast and not too slow. Very unfrustrating setup on mobs and maps but then, after the honeymoon, you start to notice a lot of glaring issues with renewal itself.

- The game is just way too easy. In pre-renewal, if you were out-classed by a monster, you died in two to three hits, if not by a one shot. In renewal, everything, excluding MvPs and Bio, will only take away about 5% of your hp per hit, if that, making fighting so much easier.

- The game becomes extremely quest driven until it's not. You can grind and have fun from 1 to 80, but then you start to hit the grind and then you get a tap on your shoulder and it's Eden group quests. It's great, they're fast, decent experience, forcing you to go to challenging places. Then when you trans, repeat. Then, after you had acclimated to the quests, you hit 3rd job, no more quests, extremely obvious grind, now that you're comparing to these quests. The only, non-tedious, way to level is now MvPs.

- So many stat points and a flaw in that system that leads to small variety in builds. I research a lot before making a move and it really points out the flaws in the stat system. 3 luk gives a lot of bonuses: Hit, atk, perfect dodge, crit, crit resistance, flee and ailment resistance. Given the stats, once you reach 3rd job you can get above 99 but the points required for 101 and above get exponentially higher making for luk to be better than your main damage stat and, in most cases, even the other stat, that is not your damage stat, is worth getting, (Str for archers, dex for melee and magic). Everybody gets Int for cast, vit for health, damage stat, luk and maybe some of the other damage stat, so you end up with most builds with: 100 to 130 in damage stat, 50 to 100 int, 50 to 100 vit, 100 dex, 66 luk, agi if you went that route with your build.

- Hit ratings required for 100% hit is really high, making for almost all non-magic or archer classes to suffer a huge disadvantage. This system forces these melee classes to invest into hit gear to stand on par with the magic and archer classes that do not have an issue. You need to invest into dex, at least, once per level up if you do not have magic or dex as your main damage stat.

- Class Balance is out the window with some of these changes. Magic is OP in the beginning. As a 1st job, your magic class will do better than every other in your arsenal, then 2nd job hits and they still deal decent but towards the end, their damage is extremely negligible, even as a warlock, which is sad. Yeah, in PvP Warlocks may one shot with the correct spells and empowered sets but most private servers don't have a great pvp scene, so I won't touch that. Rangers, the class I played, ridiculously OP. Arrow Storm just destroys everything. The game becomes mob, use one skill, loot, repeat. Mvps are just lex, AS, lex, AS. The game is so much less of a challenge. And they gave them unlimit and full throttle, which gives you instant cast on a completely variable cast skill, too. It boggles my mind. The only real challenge I found was not getting bored. Most of the other issues with class balance, at least on the server I played, were heavily brought on by rAthena bugs, (AD taking element into account more so than normal, Severe Rainstorm hitting more often than it should, Spiral Pierce destroying everything, etc).

- The game becomes a ranged game. Almost every class is given a ranged attack and, usually, is one of their, if not their strongest, strongest skills they have to offer and AoE.based, making the game more about mobbing and using this one skill 1 ~ 3 times, loot, repeat.

All in all, I really enjoyed renewal for a time, it was actually what made me realize autoloot was not necessary and the game was enjoyable without it, which made me prefer it, but ultimately, I became OP and got bored. It was a bold move but had way too many flaws for it to work properly.

Playtester

I don't dislike 3rd classes, I just dislike renewal that is required for it.

Also I don't see that 3rd classes are at fault that everybody solos. It's more because going to regions you can't solo just isn't worth it.

Chilly

I agree with playtester, i love 3rd classes but not renewal anymore.  It was fun to play renewal for a while because it was like a whole new game, but it made the pve stuff way too easy and the pvp less interesting.  Paradise (eden) quests and gears also ruined the partying and gearing up experience for me completely, the quests were designed so people are rewarded to play alone and complete them as quickly as possible to go back and get another one to maximize exp gains.  Then the quests also give gears that last you at least until you reach a high level 3rd class, which leaves me with nothing to spend zeny on except accessories and pots really.

But on the other hand, i do wish we had private servers with jro's mechanics, they basically made a few tweaks to pre-re mechanics before adding 3rd classes and buffed up all the monsters and mvps to keep the game challenging, they also have no paradise quests since they added something similar to the new izlude novice grounds/academy back before renewal was implemented.

Zirius

Maybe because I do not feel the same gaming experience as I felt when ragnarok was still in its peak. When the whole server is KS`ing and pushing all together to beat a single Baphomet boss. LOL. Not like now, a single player can beat Baphomet. But yeah, there are new MVP boss now, but I do not feel the substance of the server anymore, Ragnarok I think is about western mythology right? But why do we have eastern stuff? bakunawa, tikbalang, etc.

Also, 3rd job somehow managed to be released the same time the servers are being completely commercialized, we have the indonesian Hat stuffs, RWC hat stuffs, which are actually common equipment in officials now. So, feels like the "new" ragnarok is being pathetic to suck all the money they can get from the players.

They seemed to be just adding stuff and senseless mechanics to the "new" ragnarok just to keep the players busy. And it sucks.

Ragnarok was dead since they released Trans Job. Back in the old days, having the lvl 99 Aura will make you elite already. But the Game developers seems they can't get anything more from the players so they make a new job which requires everyone to "reborn" to lvl 1 again. LOL. The "new" game has no end.

Sin

Third classes are alright. I'm currently hosting a server that has pre renewal mechanics and third jobs. Pretty much buffed the mvps to make it harder though lol. I think the third class are okay but the mechanic change is a big change for people, basically starting off anew after all the pre renewal experience.

iro_ori

talking from an end game perspective (woe/pvp)

renewal is all AoE. dragon breath, suicide destruct, stasis, howl, curse circle, etc. it eliminated a big part of the game which is single targeting. they tried to revive RO with renewal and making it more beginner friendly. its less skillful and more random.

gonemasta

I'm currently playing a Pre-renewal Third Class Server (Esuna) right now.
I think Third Classes are pretty cool. I believe it did require some balancing since some skills are stronger or weaker in prerenewal, but I think after that, third classes are pretty fun.
I think what people don't like is renewal. I've tried playing Renewal servers myself, and I didn't really like them.
Especially after playing prerenewal for so long, it's just hard to get into renewal.
But I think third classes are a lot more fun. Mostly because of all the new skills.
It makes it so that classes have more builds to run off and different directions to go off.
Not only that, but now more classes are viable in pvp offensively.

All in all, I think that it's not so much a problem with Third Classes but a problem with Renewal

Marcello

Instead of making 3rd jobs I think they should have just made more classes.

The skills like everyone's saying, were powerful enough as is in Trans. Now its just too much. Perhaps a couple of new classes and a "trans" extension on the Ninja, Tae, and Novice classes would have made it more lively.

mimiayunda

Their costumes was so bad. Especially creator.
I hate warg, looks weird.
The only good costume are Woman Scholar.

exii

Casual s*** mechanics for s*** casuals.
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

SupremusRO

Game is not balanced anymore imo. But I love their sprites, not their skills tho.  /pif