ForsakenRO, fun or corrupt?

Started by zergling, Aug 29, 2013, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom~

You have provided no proof to back up your claims. Why should the admin be added to the HoS? Because you said so?

Not saying he isn't a dumbass, I played fRO too, but I don't think that's HoS worthy.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

grimAuxiliatrix

Quote from: Boreas on Sep 03, 2013, 06:43 AM
Or you found and abused an exploit / bug. Not saying you did, but that story could be as true as yours.

Do you even HAVE an proof that it's an exploit / bug? If not, then you're making a false accusation.  I SMELL BS.

Quote from: Boreas on Sep 03, 2013, 06:43 AM
Not saying you did, but that story could be as true as yours.

^ that doesn't even make any sense.   

Triper

@grimAuxiliatrix: I don't even understand what you're complaining about.

As Tom said:
Quote from: Tom~ on Sep 04, 2013, 12:37 AM
You have provided no proof to back up your claims. Why should the admin be added to the HoS? Because you said so?

Boreas

Quote from: grimAuxiliatrix on Sep 04, 2013, 05:21 PM

Do you even HAVE an proof that it's an exploit / bug? If not, then you're making a false accusation.  I SMELL BS.

^ that doesn't even make any sense.

You failed to get my point, congrats.

Chaz

To me this topic is right where it belongs. It doesn't seem like more than a rant/rage topic from someone that's upset about his ban without having any proof of backing up his statements.

Judging from the FRO forums, only by searching for your username I've already found numerous posts of none constructive complaints and bashes on the server and it's GM team. For example your constructive criticism by making a suggestion topic : http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=24355&hl=zergling#entry276544 . The very first post you make in your own suggestion is attacking the gm team, then in response to the admin you cross the line even more
QuoteI'm hoping that your GM team will see my posts and think "well s*** I better step it up." but obviously that hasn't happened since all that happened was me getting banned for 3 days. Anyway, back on topic. Remove it during raids, or remove it completely, up to you personally idgaf. My opinion on this whole topic is that GM's should be searching maps and not a program, but that's just me.
So after the admin's warning regarding your bashful behavior and after a 3 day warn-ban you decide to respond with the above quote. He already said he was not removing the bot check, yet you repeat to remove it and that you don't give a f*** about what choice he makes. + Try to tell what the GMs should / should not be doing. Yet you were still around even after this comment. As for your own statements you have made it clear that you got banned for saying similar stuff in-game as to what  I found on the forums.

http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23763&hl=zergling&page=2 Judging from way older topics such as this one it seems like you've been going at it for quite a while. Topics alone show numerous warnings, a 3 day warn-ban and yet you continued to bash and trashtalk, thus I think the ban is appropriate.

As for the abuse of power from the GM team. It's all baked air to me unless you bring some concrete proof.

PS. @Chromatic Nobody gets banned for being "too good" at an event. Apparently you got a response from the GM-team why you were banned (or did you make up the reasoning?), please screenshot it and post it here. If it literally states that you were banned due to being good at the event you'll have a point, if not, then we'll find out the true reasoning.

Boreas

Quote from: Chaz on Sep 06, 2013, 05:52 AM
PS. @Chromatic Nobody gets banned for being "too good" at an event. Apparently you got a response from the GM-team why you were banned (or did you make up the reasoning?), please screenshot it and post it here. If it literally states that you were banned due to being good at the event you'll have a point, if not, then we'll find out the true reasoning.

+1 for this

Luxie

As far as I know, Gen is not the one who likes to ban people, really. With that I mean anyone.

You can't break the rules and not expect to be punished. Yes, you have a right to have your own opinion, but there are way better and nicer ways you can express them, and people will actually listen to you. I think the whole team gave you enough opportinities to stop, if you continued to do so, that's what you get.
I might not know few GMs from the new staff, but the ones that were there for a while, are there for reasons such as: activity, inovativity, trustworthyness and discorruption.

GTM is non-automated event, indeed, but that is what makes things really difficult for the host. Think about how many PMs GM gets in a split of a second. I have this high suspicion you kept on spamming one of them with "correct" answer and expected to win with spamming them, while in the rules they (probably) say to PM them once only. So, if you were banned for something GTM event-wise, that might be your reason. Again, this is just a suspicion of what a possibility is. Especially if you've done it repeatedly. I highly doubt you were IP banned for doing so, too.

Smoothie

ForsakenRO sucks. Plain and Simple. ;) End of Story.-

ZerO25

The problem with your posts Zergling is that most,if not all, of your statements were attacks to the GM team even though they have nothing to do with it.  The Bot checker was made by Genesis to filter out most of the bots.  People complained about bots before, then he made the bot checker and yet people like you still complained.  It was so easy to make a suggestion that doesn't attack the GM team for every little thing that they do not have complete control over.  Do you honestly expect them to be on 24/7 just for a little thing that annoyed you?  The bot checker asks you to input 3 numbers, what was so hard about that?

2nd thing, you make constructive criticism?  All I see was "The GM team sucks, they should follow what I said".   

As for your claims on people using programs and such.  Did you ever report on the ticket system? or just rant around in game?  Because if you report in the ticket system, when a GM comes online in the forums and checks it, he can read it.  If you rant in game, iand no GM saw it, they wouldn't know.  And again, they cannot be online 24/7, they are volunteers, they are not paid.  It is a different story if this is a paid job for them, but it's not.

I been on the server since 2007, I made suggestions that were accepted(almost every suggestion I made were accepted) since I know how to argue my point without cursing everyone including the GM team.  You can't say you got banned for your opinions alone.

@Chromatic No one gets banned for being too good at guess the monster.  as most people have said here, if they did reply to your ticket(if you made it when you get banned) that you are banned because of it, that's the time I am gonna believe you.  If you can't show that, then you are just making an excuse and covering up what you really did just to make you look like a victim and make the server look bad.

SirFuzzi

It got real quiet from those two.

'Corrupt' seems like a buzzword banned players toss around. Would you believe it? I've been on and off of RO for years now and the worst I ever did was get an entire server shut down by badmouthing one of the GMs. ...okay, it's kind of a longer story than that but he and I had this really sour rivalry and that's how it culminated. After that we were super bros though. In retrospect, I'm not sure why he didn't ban me. Nonetheless, it started from a similar situation and ended very happily after we finally sat down and discussed it.

Anyway, all other times, I've been clean-nosed. It's not that hard. And you know, after that server, 'it' came to me like a freight train...

'It' is a thought for you, and take this one carefully: GMs are people too. When someone comes on and says, "DAMN SON YOU SUCK DEM BIG OL FLAPPY ONES" it's like, "Okay, I'm on the internet, that's just how it goes."

And then he does it again. And again. And he keeps doing it. And he keeps saying 'You're doing nothing.' And it's like, no **** I'm doing nothing you jerk, I come on after a day of some form of work to attend essentially another form of work and I get to see this guy complaining, outright, about what I'm doing-- for free, with my own time-- without any sense of appreciation or understanding. Or even trying for either or even offering alternatives.

They're volunteers, guy. When you crunch it down, that's what they are-- volunteers. And as someone with extensive volunteer history, I can very likely safely speak for all volunteers when I say having someone come and just flat-out insult your work without actually providing serious constructive feedback is not only really annoying, it just feels rotten.

In any case, people in this thread have put forth more reason for you to be in the HoS than any GMs from Forsaken. It looks, as many have said, like you just got your due course and didn't see it coming because you're horribly ignorant.

When you try to illustrate a point, the onus of evidence is on your shoulders. You do not point people in the direction (unless it's glaring evidence that really just needs to be observed in its home), you bring forth either A) the evidence or B) an example thereof that illustrates your point while encouraging others to see it themselves. You do not just point fingers. This is the internet, and it's 2013. The only truth that can even remotely plausibly exist at this point is in picture format. So, when trying to argue a point, bring forth a constructed argument that does not fault the concept using the person(s) involved (ad hominem), do not draw attention away from the argument through use of vaguely tangentially related topics (strawman) and lastly, recognize that the onus of all truth-bearing is upon you and all presentation of evidence, supposed fact or counter-argument falls to you entirely.

^ That's constructive criticism. Pics or it didn't happen!

Itadakimasu

This post may be over 10 months late since I recently just found this thread, but after reading the replies on here, I feel obligated to provide proof for Chromatic.

I became a GM for three weeks after playing on fRO for approximately four months. Prior to and even during my time as a GM, I was winning a significant number of rounds in Guess the Monster events held by other GMs. There was even an instance where I won 8-9 rounds for one GM's Guess the Monster event, yet that GM was not suspected for anything. My sister (Chromatic), was also playing during the period I was assigned as a GM. She and I always joined Guess the Monster events and we won at least half of the rounds combined. When I hosted Guess the Monster events, she would participate in them, like we always do when we see a GM-hosted event. However, since we share the same IP address, I can see how it would seem suspicious. Although I don't have any concrete proof that I didn't give her answers to my rounds (I mean, how could you even provide proof for that unless the opposite party was monitoring our house?), the admins, likewise, lacked any evidence to prove that I was helping her cheat. Nevertheless, we were banned based solely on assumptions. Here is a screenshot of my Skype conversation with one of the admins discussing the reason for our ban:

She begins the conversation with somewhat of a foul attitude, expecting me to know what the bloody hell was going on when I was directed to ask her about my case by the other admin. The "three round limit for each character" that she mentions never stated ANYWHERE that you couldn't log onto an alternate character and continue to keep winning rounds. Neither was it stated that relatives of a GM were not allowed to participate in said GM's events. Also, the "common sense" garbage she throws around is just to fill in her empty trash bag of evidence to ban me. "Not to mention it wasn't only her, but also some of your other friends." Please. One of my friends won a few of my rounds, but according to the event logs that can only be accessed by GMs, he had won a large amount of rounds from other GMs as well. Even before I joined this server, he was a Guess the Monster god. The admin tries to gather some evidence by saying that my sister won a significantly greater amount of rounds in my events than in other GM's events, but I've checked the event logs, PLUS, I've participated/competed in other GM's events alongside her. From what I saw, she normally won 3-4 rounds of Guess the Monster held by another GM. In my Guess the Monster events (which were not that many considering my short GM life), she won around 3-5. Hardly any difference, considering I didn't even host that many GTMs. "Your other friends win too." The only people I knew who participated and won in my events was my sister and one other friend (the god). He also repeatedly won rounds of GTMs hosted by other GMs (with the exception of his own events since he was also a GM). The only reason my friends participated in a majority of my events was because I hosted it while they were online. They're usually on when I'm on, which is how we even became friends in the first place. To sum it up, ZERO concrete evidence was provided for our ban and the admin pretty much made up rules along the way so she wouldn't look like a fool. Too late for that, though.

I'd like to add that there was another case in which a GM was ACTUALLY cheating. There was actual evidence from logs to prove it as well. Apparently he was hosting hide and seek events on his GM account and using his main account to win. However, he was let off with a simple warning, nothing as major as getting banned. Most likely a major donator, I'm assuming.

Quote from: Chaz on Sep 06, 2013, 05:52 AM
From the screenshot above, you can basically say we were banned for being too good at an event.

Quote from: ZerO25 on Sep 29, 2013, 09:33 PM
@Chromatic No one gets banned for being too good at guess the monster.  as most people have said here, if they did reply to your ticket(if you made it when you get banned) that you are banned because of it, that's the time I am gonna believe you.  If you can't show that, then you are just making an excuse and covering up what you really did just to make you look like a victim and make the server look bad.
We were not even able to check the reply for our ticket because they banned our forum accounts. Refer to the wall of text above.

Fable

Quote from: Smoothie on Sep 16, 2013, 04:00 AM
ForsakenRO sucks. Plain and Simple. ;) End of Story.-
<---- weird

Online: 519

Most famous Parts. "I got banned because i am to good" "i got banned because they don't like Pinoys" "racism" etc..
Players want to be 24/7 Events.

back to F-RO in my eyes they can't be so bad if they have over 500 Players. (Not sure about the Vendors)

exii

Quote from: Fable on Jun 22, 2014, 08:58 PM
<---- weird

Online: 519

Most famous Parts. "I got banned because i am to good" "i got banned because they don't like Pinoys" "racism" etc..

back to F-RO in my eyes they can't be so bad if they have over 500 Players. (Not sure about the Vendors)
RIP english
FableRo is not worth to be played
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

Chaz

QuoteHowever, since we share the same IP address, I can see how it would seem suspicious. Although I don't have any concrete proof that I didn't give her answers to my rounds (I mean, how could you even provide proof for that unless the opposite party was monitoring our house?), the admins, likewise, lacked any evidence to prove that I was helping her cheat. Nevertheless, we were banned based solely on assumptions. Here is a screenshot of my Skype conversation with one of the admins discussing the reason for our ban:
Since it took you 10 months I actually expected some proof of not being guilty. Instead you showed exactly why you were banned. It's not "because I'm too good at an event" It's because you're 1: Not allowed to be on your legit at the same time as on your GM when an event is going on. 2: Your sister obviously shares your IP and your info and thus there's no way for them to ensure that she's even real/ winning legitly. 3: The logs show that you obviously let her (and apparently other friends as well) win your events. When they say the logs show this it's probably not only the event logs you posted but also the chat logs and seeing whom actually responded to you first with the right answer instead of your sister or one of your friends.)

The way Verazilla reacted in the first place is perfectly normal. I'd be disgusted too if you trust someone and give them GM powers and they decide to abuse them. Your 'sister' constantly won your events, then evaded the event rule of 3 wins per player per event and continued 'winning' events.  Her saying it's common sense not to change character to evade the 3 max wins per player rule is a perfectly legit point. You as a GM knew about the rule that each player can only win 3 times, you knew your 'sister' was changing characters and you didn't do anything about it and continued to let her 'legitly' win your events.  This all points into the same direction: You were corrupt.

Now that you've proven that you were banned for legit reasons. We can move on:
QuoteI'd like to add that there was another case in which a GM was ACTUALLY cheating. There was actual evidence from logs to prove it as well. Apparently he was hosting hide and seek events on his GM account and using his main account to win. However, he was let off with a simple warning, nothing as major as getting banned. Most likely a major donator, I'm assuming.
More accusations without a single bit of proof. First off, any GM caught cheating/abusing his powers gets instantly banned. There's an no excuse policy. You're supposed to know the rules and you will accept the consequences of breaking them. Also you can't even know whether other GMs had been reported for rule breaking or if anything happened at all as you (as an event GM) do not have access to that department of the ticket system.  You should really stop throwing random accusations unless you have proof to back it up. Which you don't.

QuoteFrom the screenshot above, you can basically say we were banned for being too good at an event.
From the screenshot above I can see that you broke rules by 1: Being online on a legit account at the same time as hosting on your GM account. + Entering your own event (Sister or not. if your own IP is entering your own event that's against the rules already and highly suspicous. (GM abuse nr.1) 2: You allowed your 'sister' to change character and continuously gain more tokens while the event rules state that they can only win 3 rounds each player.  (GM Abuse Nr.2)

QuoteWe were not even able to check the reply for our ticket because they banned our forum accounts. Refer to the wall of text above.
This is odd, so your 'sisters' wild explanation earlier on this topic was based on the screenshot you just showed us that proofs that you were banned for legit reasons? Cause I'm fairly sure I heard her say "I was banned for being too good at an event" which obviously is not the case as 2 GM rules were broken on the IP used by your "sister".  GM abuse results in removal from the team and all (legit) accounts related will be permanently blocked.

Well I guess that clears up the insecurities regarding your ban. Think the proof basically talks for itself though so thank you for showing it. :)

QuoteMost famous Parts. "I got banned because i am to good" "i got banned because they don't like Pinoys" "racism" etc..
People will always try to find excuses/lies to cover up the reason why they're banned.