Ragnarok Wintermoon - Renewal 3rd-Class with Pre-Renewal Systems (NO DONATIONS)

Started by expletive773, Jan 08, 2019, 10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

expletive773

CURRENT STATUS (6/27/19): Click to open Website, then wait for a Status Message to appear.
Please download either the Manual Patch or the Launcher Patch below if for any reason, you could not connect.

UPDATE (4/12/19): Server is sometimes closed due to lack of interest. However, you can message me here or through the website if you want me to start it up for whatever reason.

UPDATE (6/22/19): I finally gave up and created a Discord for the server, thanks to popular demand (and annoyance):
Ragnarok Sumizome (Wintermoon)

UPDATE (7/19/19): I am giving everyone an administrator Control Panel so you can check where everyone is or if anyone is even online (by the way, no one is ever online):
WintermoonRO Control Panel

UPDATE (7/19/19): Please install either of these on top of your current installation if, you're getting stuck on 1-23-2019_TRANSITION.thor when patching: /ok
(this is assuming you have downloaded the Full Installer already)
Manual Patch (MediaFire) OR
Manual Patch (MEGA)

UPDATE (7/19/19): Please install either of these on top of your current installation if, for some reason, you cannot connect: /ok
Launcher Patch (MediaFire) OR
Launcher Patch (MEGA)

Long story post about why there are no donations (read at your own risk):
Spoiler
Hello, I'm just someone who recently found some free time in their life due to stuff and I'm kinda interested in playing Ragnarok again. I was someone who was always interested in these new third-class jobs and the new instance systems, but I never found the time to actually play them.

However, even though I said "I found some free time", I bet it isn't actually enough time to grind to healthy levels on private servers these days.

So I had an idea, since it was kind of easy to make your own server (some sites even containing detailed step-by-steps), I tried creating my own.

Took me a while, but when I got it up, I immediately got addicted to fine-tuning everything, making my own NPC's, making scripts, studying how to actually customize things and etc (in retrospect, I really should've just spent that time levelling on a private server somewhere but here we are).

After about a month of wasting my time on this, I found myself creating a monster. I've created like 30+ NPC's, all catering to the comfort of the friends that I would invite. These NPC's include all purchasable instance equipment and the enchanters that come with them, all organized, attributing to my horrible OCD. I even tweaked all the Instance scripts to not require any pre-requisite quests to enter them. I even put every single costume there is on the game on NPC's, priced at like 1z.

Unfortunately, when I did invite some friends over, they got tired of it pretty fast. Like, 4 hours and gone. I guess they don't really have the same feeling of nostalgia as I have.

So, I would like to invite some people who hopefully also has the same feeling of nostalgia as I have with the game, at least until I finally take down the server. I'm actually running this at my own expense and am not planning on making money on this whatsoever, I mean good god everything is so easy to obtain with the NPC's I made for my friends.

It's a high rate, 175/60 third-class with only a few adjustments made to the vanilla-game (aside from the many NPC's I made). I will keep the server up until everyone also starts losing interest, thank you. I also have the horribly long patch-log/change-log on the installer and launcher itself.
[close]

PS: Forgive the server name, it was the name of the Guild me and my "friends" used to play on. Also pre-emptive apologies if I'm breaking a rule already.

6000x/6000x/6000x
(Modified/Separate Drop Rates for Normal, Mini-boss and MVP Cards)

Full Changelog: https://pastebin.com/raw/MGhsYAut (Updated 7/16/19) /ok

• NO DONATIONS. Everything is free and obtainable.
  • Account VIP Status is purchasable with just Zeny, seriously no donations.
  • No Cash Shop, seriously everything is free and obtainable.
  • Server uses Pre-Renewal ASPD Calculation and Pre-Renewal Cast Time as well (150 DEX for no Cast Time, including Bonus Stats).
  • Generous freebies are given to new accounts, with cards and infinite potions.
  • Quality-of-Life tweaks like a Dispell NPC, a purchasable Soul Link talisman, purchasable Gym Passes & Bubble Gum and etcetera.
  • @restock enabled, makes it easy to restock emptied consumables from @storage.
  • Also included a Restock Helper NPC for one-click mass insertions of items to your @restock list, so you do not have to waste time typing in each item one-by-one.
  • Max levels at 175/60, 3rd Job Classes.
  • Purchasable "Fenrir's Power Scroll" at NPC, reducing Cast Time by 50%.
  • PvP Enabled on fields.
  • Extended Battlegrounds, has 3 different game-modes that requires only two players (mostly) to start. Modes change every 10 minutes and is always on-going.
  • DotA-like announcements and PvP Rankings, we have them.
  • @commands enabled (@warp has been disabled, but all Warper NPC's can warp to Fields, Dungeons, Nightmare Dungeons and Instances).
  • @allskills also enabled, there is no need to stress over skill points.
  • Double Attack, Counter Attack, Focused Arrow Strike/Sharp Shooting, Chain Action, Shadow Slash and Fear Breeze can have critical damage, even on multiple consecutive hits.
  • All Instance Equipment NPC's are all at Prontera, complete with their Enchanters all organized into one.
  • All time-wasting animations and progress bars on Enchanter NPC's have been removed, some dialogue has been stream-lined as well.
  • Black-out effect when warping or loading has been removed, makes the game feel faster and snappier.
  • Cheap jRO Sprite switching, accessible to everyone and not just the theoretical donators.
  • You can also switch sprites to whatever class within your class-line.
  • Refine rates and Enchanting rates tweaked, check Full Changelog for details.
  • High-rates easy leveling, with 30% Card Drop rate on Normal Monsters and 6% on MVP Monsters.
  • 553 Cloth Palettes, 84 Hair Styles but only 8 Hair Colors to match the jRO Hair Costumes that we have.
  • All Costumes are free (priced at 1 Zeny each), they are all cosmetic and does not affect combat or have stats whatsoever.
  • Player HP rates at 200%, preventing one-hit kills (tested with players and seems to be the most optimal).
  • Doram Race counts as Demihuman and not Brute for PVP balancing purposes.
  • "Stuff Trader" NPC has all basic consumables organized, including re-usable infinite potions.
  • Cash Shop items are also purchasable at NPC (like Emerald Earrings, Fallen Angel Wings and Adventurer's Backpack).
  • Only one WoE Castle enabled with a custom Special Gift Box (per member) reward that gives unique items (with IP Check to prevent scumming).
  • WoE times adjusted for both 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM to cater to both sides of the planet's hemisphere.
  • Maximum members per Guild has been reduced to 36.
  • Nerfed Golden Thief Bug Card to only reduce 70% of Magic Damage.
  • View distance is extended as optimally as possible to prevent sudden appearances of players or monsters.
  • Private MVP Rooms and MVP Ladder Rooms with tweaks to add better feel.
  • Custom MVP Ladder (Nightmare Mode) added.
  • EP 17.1 Illusion Gears are obtainable through the MVP Ladder (Nightmare Mode), another custom script.
  • Points are rewarded every hour, and a Special Gift Box is given every 8 hours.
  • No cool-down delay on Instances before you can retry again (also removed required completed quests).
  • Pets do not lose loyalty when owner dies.
  • Pets and Homunculus gains loyalty faster.
  • Automated events every hour, from Dice Events, Poring Catchers, Disguise Events and Cluckers.
  • Lucky Roulette enabled, with unique consumables to win. Roulette Bronze Coins can only be obtained through events.
  • Custom Anti-Revert Refine Ticket, your item will not revert when refining if you have this in your inventory.
  • Item Eater NPC that can eat your extra stuff in exchange for Zeny, due to the low population.
  • We are not as good as the other servers since I only have just enough time to work on it, but I am always open to suggestions. I DO respond to messages on the forums and private messages to Sumizome, so please do let me know your complaints.

Website (Registration is separate from in-game, registration details are at the Game Launcher):
https://ragnarokwintermoon.wixsite.com/website
Website is used only for support, there is no "Top 100 Voting" or whatever in it.

Discord:
Ragnarok Sumizome (Wintermoon)

Full Installer:
Full Client (MediaFire)
Full Client (MEGA)

Install any of these on top of your current installation if, you're getting stuck on 1-23-2019_TRANSITION.thor when patching:
Manual Patch (MediaFire) OR
Manual Patch (MEGA)

Install any of these on top of your current installation if, for some reason, you cannot connect:
Launcher Patch (MediaFire) OR
Launcher Patch (MEGA)