Warning to server administrators

Started by ShadowSappy, Feb 22, 2010, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowSappy

http://forum.kodama-ro.com/index.php?showtopic=215&st=0&gopid=1483&#entry1483

In that link, is 3 people who duped on  my server,and they have been revealed, so be on the look for them if anything goes down on your server.

Cheese Time

Prooves to other people, that not everyone is protected..
use a condom

Lucian

ShadowSappy

You're welcome, but the true credit goes go Zone for taking the time and investigating

l2ue

I don't fully understand the situation, but what eA revision are you using to allow dupers? And it sounds ridiculous that a VPS/IPS provider would investigate into anything like this.  You paying like what? $25 for Frantech / Systeminplace a month? And it looks like you got no proof whatsoever, whether it be logs of the actual dupe/incident or screenshots.

And in regards to the investigation, did you really need to make it public? You took the personal information of your players via the control panel, google it, and found sources of there personal lives and posted on RMS? That is just epic.

Its also pretty ironic how those players are backing Zone up, when he has there information as well. Lololol. ftw.

"The school of the undefeated East!"
"The winds of the king!"
"Look! The East is burning red!"

GorthexTiger

Quote from: l2ue on Feb 22, 2010, 10:54 PM
I don't fully understand the situation, but what eA revision are you using to allow dupers?

Duping is easily do-able on any standard, non-modified eAthena revision. Keyword: non-modified

And it sounds ridiculous that a VPS/IPS provider would investigate into anything like this.  You paying like what? $25 for Frantech / Systeminplace a month? And it looks like you got no proof whatsoever, whether it be logs of the actual dupe/incident or screenshots.

You should check their forums, they had a nice little picture of a ton of valkryie armors laying on the ground.

And even if he did post the logs, an easier counter to that is "Well you edited them!!one1 LOLZ!! Its a consp!r@cy!!one1."

And this is coming from the person who correctly identified what the problem was with the "duping" in the first place.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

ShadowSappy

Quote from: GorthexTiger on Feb 22, 2010, 11:08 PM
I don't fully understand the situation, but what eA revision are you using to allow dupers?

Duping is easily do-able on any standard, non-modified eAthena revision. Keyword: non-modified

And it sounds ridiculous that a VPS/IPS provider would investigate into anything like this.  You paying like what? $25 for Frantech / Systeminplace a month? And it looks like you got no proof whatsoever, whether it be logs of the actual dupe/incident or screenshots.

You should check their forums, they had a nice little picture of a ton of valkryie armors laying on the ground.

And even if he did post the logs, an easier counter to that is "Well you edited them!!one1 LOLZ!! Its a consp!r@cy!!one1."

And this is coming from the person who correctly identified what the problem was with the "duping" in the first place.

His statement is correct, pics of him duping valk armors was on the forums somewhere, if not I got one, and as for the logs, They were checked, NO GM did this, is was player based, so IP Bans were dealt and a warning to others was distributed to help them look out for people, and my SVN was indeed, straight off the SVN Website, no mods before released so it had to happen sooner or later I'm assuming

l2ue

Quote from: GorthexTiger on Feb 22, 2010, 11:08 PM

And it sounds ridiculous that a VPS/IPS provider would investigate into anything like this.  You paying like what? $25 for Frantech / Systeminplace a month? And it looks like you got no proof whatsoever, whether it be logs of the actual dupe/incident or screenshots.

Since the client communicates via packets, one can assume that (even with a modified server) duping is still possible. When I'm asking for there revision, I simply just want to know what packet_db they're using and what packets there server is reading. Of course, I don't know how you people at chosenRO restrict packets, whether by the snippets done by the good people at eA or custom made. But I'm sure it explains the crash thread on your forums.

And I simply just follow the thread that was given and what was posted. As well as my knowledge in looking over logs, since afterall, each item drop/pick/trade/script are identify with a symbol such as "T" or "A" or etc. And the problem can be "investigated" whether it was a legitimate dupe or a corruption on the staff's part follow by a WPE drop.

Oh, this is coming from someone who knows a thing or two about modified eAthena revisions.

[Scapegoat]

"The winds of the king!"

GorthexTiger

Of course, I don't know how you people at chosenRO restrict packets, whether by the snippets done by the good people at eA or custom made. But I'm sure it explains the crash thread on your forums.

Nice try @ trolling. This, coming from the person who played on my server Dec. 29th, 2009 & who is and I quote:

GM Lone - Administrator. Fully experience in eA scripting. Knows everything about running a server from inside out. Installed over a dozen of control panels and forums. Hexed/Diff-ed a few million clients. Scripts 24/7. Does everything on a test server before implementation. Knows how to play RO professionally. Generally busy.

Yet, for some reason, still can't seem to be able to make an Emperium spawn during WoE. :X

l2ue

"The winds of the king!"

Temjin

Quote from: l2ue on Feb 23, 2010, 01:10 AM
Wow.

Gtfo, Tracer. I thought last time you were outed, you wouldn't have the guts to show your ugly mug around here, but to my pleasure and amusement, you continue to do so.

Quote from: GorthexTigerYet, for some reason, still can't seem to be able to make an Emperium spawn during WoE. :X

Hey, here's a thought. Why don't you go back to your ten player community and fix your issues before you show up here throwing your ego around. Would benefit on two fronts; we wouldn't have to read your BS and your server might actually go somewhere instead of spending yet another month in "beta".

* EDIT: http://devilishro.com/forum/index.php?/topic/369-im-doing-it-wrong/

I freakin' lol'd. Maybe you should place some focus on what you're going to do to keep your own players around before you go and comment on other people's projects, please. Skip away, Lucy....skip away.

l2ue

I lol'd. But I can't decide which is more interesting.

An eA moderator, who runs a haze inspired donation server, with a big ego.

Or.

An individual with a obsession with Tracer.

I feel sorry for both of you.

"The winds of the king!"

Temjin

Quote from: l2ue on Feb 23, 2010, 03:44 PM
words

I hear Devilish is an awesome server with tonnes of growth potential.

l2ue

"The winds of the king!"

GorthexTiger

An eA moderator, who runs a haze inspired donation server...

Your helmets cost $25. My most expensive item is $15.

I got a job that pays for my server, the extra goes to extra developments and services me and my co-admin are to busy to do.

I'm sorry, what do you again?

You paying like what? $25 for Frantech / Systeminplace a month for your 10 players?

I'm not in this for the money kiddo, but obviously you're running out of insults.

with a big ego.

The fact that I know more than you, have proved you wrong multiple times, and the fact that your butt hurt about is does not mean I have a big ego.

And if it does, so be it. I'd rather have a big ego than be retarded.

I don't bring my position into RMS and flaunt it. You, are the one that broguht it up.

It would better server your arguement of me having a huge ego if  RMS had examples of me throwing my title around with my opinion to back me up on RMS, but I don't.

I could still 'wtfpwn' you with or without a Global Mod title.

Why don't you follow Temjin's advice and go do something with your server like you said you were instead of making youself look more foolish with each post you make.

All you're doing is throwing around empty arguments that a 5 year old could see through. Maybe that's a side effect when your having a server identity crisis.

I've derailed this topic enough and I have nothing else to say to you.

My PM box is always open for further discussion.