RebirthRO

Started by Edan the Man, Mar 06, 2008, 04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edan the Man

Hey, I'm a former player/GM of RebirthRO, a Midrate/Lowrate server with a fairly large population and number 1 on the Gamesites200 ranking. I've come here to simply warn people before they go to this server. PvP/WoE is completely imbalanced due to super overpowered donation items. The main administrator there is a lazy man who will take advantage of his GMs for free work and simply rake in the approx 50k euros he makes every month in donations, he doesn't care about what goes on in his server, and makes little to no effort to fix anything. The only time he DOES fix things is when people complain in mass amounts and he needs to do a few things to keep up what little image he has. He's been like this forever, but recently hit a new low, here's the story for those that care to know :

Recently the admin (Syphon) decided he wanted to try his hand at making some extra cash, by starting a second RO server (named OnyxiaRO). The problem with this is, many things needed to be done on RebirthRO, the GMs (myself included) bugged him repeatedly to fix certain issues and add certain things, only to be ignored. So what does he do? Makes another server in his free time, of course! So this already had us pissed off, but then he decided to make a big mistake : He advertised his new server on global broadcasts on RebirthRO.

(Btw english isn't his first language)

He did this several times throughout the day, every time reassuring how 'deticated' he is to RebirthRO, and telling us to keep voting. As if this wasn't bad enough, heres where he really crossed the line... Voting on RebirthRO that day was redirected to OnyxiaRO, disguised as RebirthRO. You may be thinking "wtf?", well let me explain a bit.

http://www.gamesites200.com/ragnarok/details-15151.html
http://www.gamesites200.com/ragnarok/details-10699.html

Whats this? Two RebirthROs on Gamesites200? lolwut?
It was proven through testing that he changed the voting link on rebirthro.com to vote for that second RebirthRO, so when you voted it still said "Vote for RebirthRO" on the voting button... although not really voting for RebirthRO. My guess would be that this second RebirthRO will have its name changed to OnyxiaRO once he has enough votes leeched from RebirthRO to get in the high rankings, thus leaving Syphon with two top 10 servers, and one hell of an income from donates. Its also worth noting that voting on onyxiaro.com sends votes to that second RebirthRO, just to prove this further.

One of our GMs(being rather annoyed at this point) posted this information about Syphon cheating the votes on the forum. He was immediately IP banned in game and on the forum, and his post deleted. Obviously... the GMs were not happy with that, and soon after, every single GM remaining on the server (with the exception of Syphon of course) handed in their resignation (its also worth noting now that I had quit being a GM a few days prior to this, an important detail later on). However, one of the GMs, before leaving... decided to have a bit of evil fun... This GM, being a higher level GM then the rest, decided to hand out free level 79 GM powers to a few random people! Fun stuff indeed, although rather foolish, and some might even say childish. It was their own little way at getting back at Syphon I suppose. So naturally the server erupted into chaos, free items were handed out, mass mobs of Pori Poris were spawned, stats were raised, PvP turned on, pure madness. Let me state again, I had quit being a GM a few days earlier, and had no GM account during this, thus making it impossible for me to have participated in the chaos.

Anyway, after a few hours of chaos, Syphon showed up and naturally freaked out. He kicked everyone off the server and had no choice but to roll it back 5 days to the last backup date. Obviously a 5 day rollback pissed off a lot of people, and people who had donated for items in that period were especially pissed. To make matters worse, every GM had quit, leaving nobody to help restore lost donation items other than Syphon (keep in mind, the average server population is 1000 on midrate and 300 on lowrate). Many people left the server this day, and I cant blame them.

After all was said and done, Syphon did what he does best, banned people. He banned every single person who had any negative opinions towards him, or anyone who spoke the truth of what had happened and why the GMs did such a thing. He also banned anyone he thought was a GM, including me. Like I said, I had no GM account and was thus innocent, but he didn't care. He then proceeded to hire 3 random people as new GMs, seemingly picking these winnars out of a hat. Also, a new level 99 GM had emerged from nowhere claiming to have been around for many years.

The server was now run in a state of fear, if you speak out, you get banned. If you disagree, you get banned.

So this brings us to where we are now... his GM replacements, especially the level 99 GM. He's the worst abuser of GM powers I have ever seen, so much so that its to the point of being comedic. Don't believe me? Lol take a look at this :

A small video someone captured of him using GM powers in WoE
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6F37E6QC
A forum thread on a guild forum (I was IP banned from the main server forum)
http://eternalasura.hqforums.com/1-vt497.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

His defense?
He claimed to have been testing the Emperium's new HP... >_>
QuoteYes actually, the most popular castle is the ideal place to test things, as it gets the most results the quickest.

I was mocking him, if I thought that him taking a screenshot would have mattered he would never have seen me to begin with. It's kind of silly to think a GM with admin level powers and direct access to all server files couldn't easily cover up taking over a castle. Simple fact of the matter is, if I wanted to take it and not get caught, I could have, but that wasn't my goal. I have a character that has no display name, if I used that, the screenshots would have been useless -- note that I clearly didn't. I remained visible strictly because my goal was for testing.

I told people during WoE I was testing things. No one listened. A few guilds did listen to me, and for a while I began to favor those guilds holding the castle, though I didn't actually help them, more of personal rooting for them to win. That's why I killed the Emperium, because I got sick of repeating myself over and over to an entire guild, do you not read what I say? My point was made right there, I've said that at least twice now, once in the closed topic you are replying to. And, in foresight of your next question, I could have just jailed those people, but sending a few dozen people to jail seemed a bit unrealistic at the time, so I opted to make them leave instead. Which is what I'm doing now, instead of just ignoring you and hoping you go away, everyone that reposts gets a warning and 1 day of disabled posting ability. I was nice, I told them, politely, that I was testing some things, they flamed and pissed me off, so I took action. That's action, reaction, that's life, deal with it. I could have easily laid down a 1 day ban on them and been fully within right, so I think by smacking the emperium instead that they got back anyway is a small price to pay to avoid being banned for a day or two.

If I had banned or muted their key members, they would have lost the castle anyway due to lack of members -- and I would have muted or banned them for *at least* the duration of WoE, so really they should feel lucky that's ALL I did, because at least they had a chance to come back and try again, or to try a different castle if they felt they didn't want to deal with that. Apparently if anything I was too lenient.

Other people were needed to test, not just me, once a castle is taken I can't attack it anymore, someone else needs to take it, and I can't see what kind of damage several people can do, so, had to see DIFFERENT guilds attack the same castle, for comparison. I upped the HP of the Emperium slowly until the average time between the guild getting in and capturing seemed fair.

Test servers do not have enough players to actually test large scale things like WoE with

Repeating for emphasis, the simple fact is, when people stopped listening, I was completely within my right to jail and/or ban them for insubordination. If I had done that, how much of a chance would those guilds have had with about half their members? How many of those members that were left would have retaliated to support their now jailed/banned members and got jailed/banned themselves? That would have been catastrophic, entire guilds banned and jailed? So, personally, I think killing the Emperium was a humane thing to do. At least since they were warped out, if they didn't want to try again, they could try a different castle, good luck doing that from jail.

Now, SOME of them were sane and did go about things the right way, I recall at least 3 smaller guilds which calmly and nicely requested that I do indeed just keep watching, which is what I had already planned to do, so of course I agreed.

Hope that helps smile.gif

NOTE: Most of the above people (not all) received warnings for this topic. Do no make another thread about this,

Done discussing this, my patience is wearing thin and I'm tired of being nice about it, next time I'll be going for the suspension box instead of the posting rights, and then the perm ban box, and maybe comparing your IP to your in game accounts and banning those as well (depending on severity of course). Do NOT test me, I don't bluff.

A response from a fellow former GM to him (posted on another forum due to bannage from RRO forum):

QuoteWhat kind of GM, no not even a GM, an ADMIN retaliates against players? Yeah, that's great way to get people to respect the GMs and the server. Ice walls "for the lulz"? WHAT? That is completely unexcuseable. And he wonders why people got pissed?

In the PM he sent me, he said that the players were lucky they didn't get banned or jailed for complaining. OK, seriously, if someone doesn't find something wrong with that picture, then they have issues. It was WOE for Christ's sake, and he was f*** with the most POPULAR castle, and he expected people to NOT get pissed? "Well I told them I was testing." And who the f*** are you? Some guy that popped out of nowhere, no one had ever heard of him before, and suddenly he appears and insults players on WoE and abuses skills? YEAH, HOW DARE THEY COMPLAIN AND GET PISSED AT YOU. You expect them to believe someone they don't even know, in a server that's been known for corruption? WINNAR.

Why would he tell people to stop attacking the emp if he was testing the health of it? WHY? That makes no sense! And if he didn't want people to see him, he should have used @hide so people wouldn't be suspicious. If he was REALLY testing the emp health, he would have set the health and HID in the castle AND OBSERVED the guilds taking the emp! He wanted "legit" results, and obviously, for his own entertainment, skewed his own results to act like a total jackass to players.

If what you guys did the server and caused the rollback doesn't make people leave, this donkey hat will. I believe this is all going nicely.

By the way, I dont know about other servers, but on RRO, GMs do not mess with WoE, its not allowed no matter what.

So there we have it, RebirthRO, once great, is now known as a place where corruption runs rampant, and the truth is banned. Go to RebirthRO at your own risk. I may be leaving some things out, but I think thats enough for now lol, I commend whoever read that whole wall of text.

/rant

Zone

tl;dr
From what I gathered, that's quite bad.
Quite bad indeed, and would he like to defend himself?
We all know, if you want to test emperium, you can spawn it on a hidden map.

Edan the Man

I checked and he does have a forum account here, I wonder if hes man enough to defend himself on a forum where he doesn't have a banhammer  ;D

Skotlex

Question:
What's with the donation server bashing?

Answer:
Quote from: Edan the Man on Mar 06, 2008, 04:45 PM
Hey, I'm a former player/GM of RebirthRO, a Midrate/Lowrate server with a fairly large population and number 1 on the Gamesites200 ranking. I've come here to simply warn people before they go to this server. PvP/WoE is completely imbalanced due to super overpowered donation items. The main administrator there is a lazy man who will take advantage of his GMs for free work and simply rake in the approx 50k euros he makes every month in donations, he doesn't care about what goes on in his server, and makes little to no effort to fix anything. The only time he DOES fix things is when people complain in mass amounts and he needs to do a few things to keep up what little image he has. He's been like this forever, but recently hit a new low, here's the story for those that care to know :

Yes! A perfect text-book answer! you got a critical score of 100/100!

Sorry, couldn't resist :B

By the way, that "admin GM l99" at least sounds like he is mature enough to argue and stuff. Maybe he didn't think through his actions at a time, but it sounds like a rather civilized fellow.

...but then again, Stalin and Hitler were rather civilized fellows who truly believed they were in their right and acting in good conscience for what was best for mankind.

(RMS reviews)

Leon.H

The results that stalin left, are not quite good. I don't know how Europe would be today without era's such as hitler & stalin
but off topic...
Elegy Ro Project blog http://honoretimes.blogspot.com/

yC

the lvl 99 Admin, to my surprise someone brought to my attention last night it's Ancyker of Sereon Hosting.

Keep me wondering for a minute, now i got the answer.  Thanks. 

You probably can get to know more about him in the eAthena forum, i thought he is all out into the eA/General hosting business.  Never thought he would be going back to RO.

Valiance

To everyone who played RebirthRO for 1 hour+:
Is this SERIOUSLY a surprise to you? Like...omg. He HAD it coming to him, let alone all the GM's wernt intelligent. Syphon though was kinda funny. Selling donation cards, not being able to trade them, and the drop rate was like .30% or something? Any person who isnt begining on RO can tell that thats just an idiotic move. Let alone all the other crap he added for donation. Its obvious he only cares about the income he is making daily! from donations.
Heres how he lured poeple:
He made it a MR, max level 255, low exp rates. Then he makes angra mandu a donation item. For leveling. 10 bucks, and even then it takes awile to level successfully.
Once leveling slows down, its reaaally tempting to pay 40$ more, just so you can survive in bio labs just alittle levels earlier then normal.
Then once your around 255 you go to pvp. Ooooh pvp.
He gave his friends donation items, only a 1 or 2 in the begining of the servers days. Then he passed more on to them as they got larger and dominated PvP. Its extreamly tempting to pay another 80-150$ to beat your foes isnt it? Well this began as a chain recation and poeple seriously didnt realize that using mommy's credit card was so tempting while she slept, just to get a 24x 24x pixle object.

Wanna know another fun trick he used? Euro's. They are much more then USD now-a-days. So he was making AT LEAST anywhere from 200-500 euros a day. Amazing how he thought this through with his friends right? Really, its not that great of a server. When GM's cant keep their temper straight and cant spell to save their lives when the server is english. I laugh at them.

(Do note, I did play the server for a small time, so please dont accuse me of not.)

Edan the Man

Quote from: Valiance on Mar 07, 2008, 10:01 PM
To everyone who played RebirthRO for 1 hour+:
Is this SERIOUSLY a surprise to you? Like...omg. He HAD it coming to him, let alone all the GM's wernt intelligent. Syphon though was kinda funny. Selling donation cards, not being able to trade them, and the drop rate was like .30% or something? Any person who isnt begining on RO can tell that thats just an idiotic move. Let alone all the other crap he added for donation. Its obvious he only cares about the income he is making daily! from donations.
Heres how he lured poeple:
He made it a MR, max level 255, low exp rates. Then he makes angra mandu a donation item. For leveling. 10 bucks, and even then it takes awile to level successfully.
Once leveling slows down, its reaaally tempting to pay 40$ more, just so you can survive in bio labs just alittle levels earlier then normal.
Then once your around 255 you go to pvp. Ooooh pvp.
He gave his friends donation items, only a 1 or 2 in the  begining of the servers days. Then he passed more on to them as they got larger and dominated PvP. Its extreamly tempting to pay another 80-150$ to beat your foes isnt it? Well this began as a chain recation and poeple seriously didnt realize that using mommy's credit card was so tempting while she slept, just to get a 24x 24x pixle object.

Wanna know another fun trick he used? Euro's. They are much more then USD now-a-days. So he was making AT LEAST anywhere from 200-500 euros a day. Amazing how he thought this through with his friends right? Really, its not that great of a server. When GM's cant keep their temper straight and cant spell to save their lives when the server is english. I laugh at them.

(Do note, I did play the server for a small time, so please dont accuse me of not.)

QFT  ;D

Well most of it anyway o.O. Some parts of your post don't make much sense (and lol, only Syphon can't spell), but your overall point is valid. The amount of money he makes is ridiculous, you estimated 200-500 EU a day, but guess what the real figure is... On one day a fellow GM decided to take a peek at the donation logs, and added up all the donations received in one day... 1,600 Euros. 1,600 EU, in ONE DAY. Who else is disgusted by this number? Especially after seeing how he treats his server.

Ratch

I respect the guy. You noobs just get owned, and h'es making money fo sho

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: Ratch on Mar 08, 2008, 04:22 AM
I respect the guy. You noobs just get owned, and h'es making money fo sho

Hahahahaha!

Well there's a bit of truth in that. I want 1k+ euros daily too.

Swift

lol, i know this would happen so i left rebirth RO 3 years ago
Rebirth RO sucked anyway the donations were overpower way too overpowerd and nmoone could beat the donors well
syphon is lost.

BTW are you Haring? O_o

Valiance

Yeah haha, sorry I did not make scence in a few statments. I was just typing random stuff I hate about the server.

I can understand him making that much money IF he cared about the server. I seriously dont think he gives a crap about it since the last REAL update was like 2 years ago. I havent seen much effort put into the server and yet poeple still play. It amazes me.
Seriously though his GM's ruined him, he hired new poeple in desperation and lemme tell you... They are the biggest idiots on earth.

(I spelled his name wrong? Well who cares, im sure 50% of the other poeple do too, hes not active enough to see his name around much.)

Im sure he is only keeping the server around because he still makes a nice income off of the server. Its really disgusting to see these poeple suduced into donating still.

Artariko

RebirthRO sucks >.>.....Becuz of its 4 day roll back =P
The rich wage war, but its the poor who die.

Kriel

So this is why there's that bloody open proxy on forum that interferes with my http server :(

Zinovia

Heh, yeah... My boyfriend used to be a GM there, too. Like a year back or so. It was REDICULOUSLY imbalanced, as you said...

Hehe.. Has he fixed the floor glitch yet? xDD~