KazeRO steals RagnarokRevolution's Site Design

Started by Kisuka, Apr 30, 2010, 12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kisuka

Okay, SO. I get a message from yC showing me a link.

Okay first everyone look at this (my server's site):
http://www.ragnarokrevolution.com/   (Copyright 2005-2010)

Now, look at this site:
http://www.kazero-online.com/  (Copyright 2010-2011)

MY SITE DESIGN HAS BEEN STOLEN :\ Wasn't even stolen very well either. Look at their source code compared to mine, its an OBVIOUS site rip.

The Evidence:
- The last modified date on my site is older than theirs.
- Their source code is horribly generated from some ripping program compared my hand-coded source.
- Their site was only just registered on 2010-04-27, mine's been registered since 2005-07-13.
- I have all the photoshop files for the website design, they don't.
- All the links on my website work, unlike their site where 90% of links are broken.
- The server's admin has IP banned people posting about the stolen design on his forums.
- The server's admin has edited posts of people posting about the stolen design on his forums.
- Compare the 'modified' dates of the image's "image info" with firefox on the site designs:
http://www.ragnarokrevolution.com/images/eventTabOn.gif (Monday, February 23, 2009 7:51:04 PM)
http://www.kazero-online.com/images/eventTabOn.gif (Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:05:47 PM)

This proves that KazeRO-Online has STOLEN Ragnarok Revolution's site design!

Any advice on how to fight this?

Habuka

Those dont look the same at all.

Spoiler
Sarcasm
[close]
I Is Warned

Green

Laugh at the fact they they didn't attach any pages to the footer links.

Zarsheiy

I like how KazeRO's copyright extends into 2011.

DarkDevine

<td>
<body>
<table border="0">

Bad HTML.

One is a rip-off of another, but KazeRO seems to be less competent

name="keywords" content="RAGNAROK Online, KazeRO, Awsome RO

(Who the hell googles for "Awsome RO"??...)

Vote 4 HoS for KazeRO.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Descent

Seconding Dark's sentiments.

That's downright sad.

I guess the best you can do is contact their webhost, Kisuka.
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Shinn

I like KazeRO's one better though..it looks so much better than the other one :S ...are you sure RRO didn't steal it from KazeRO instead? and you just made this topic to cover your self up like a little jigglypuff?

Cheers.

i kidd  :D

cause after all the drama, I still slain em.

Need a site done? contact me.

Luna~

Do what I did, email their host. They'll get shut down.

Kisuka

I emailed their host, this is what i got as a reply -.-:

Dear Sir or Madam

Many thanks for the information you sent us.

But unfortunately it is not sufficient for retracing the malpractice you complaint about. Therefore, please let us have significant log files, or - in case of spam mails - the complete mail including headers, which allow us to initiate further steps.

--
Kind regards
Abuse Desk

Yukino

Even after showing screenshots for proofs, giving links, and such? What a bad host lol. If the host won't help, the only thing you can really do is PM the Admin/"Designer" about this. Many other servers have stolen the same website designs, but sometimes, nothing could be resolved unless they remove the website design themselves. Sometimes, they'll just ignore the PMs/threads about them stealing website designs.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

GorthexTiger

Quote from: Kisuka on Apr 30, 2010, 04:43 PM
I emailed their host, this is what i got as a reply -.-:

Dear Sir or Madam

Many thanks for the information you sent us.

But unfortunately it is not sufficient for retracing the malpractice you complaint about. Therefore, please let us have significant log files, or - in case of spam mails - the complete mail including headers, which allow us to initiate further steps.

--
Kind regards
Abuse Desk

How does one, "significant log file" of their website being stolen?

I sware, hosters like this are retarded.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Kisuka

Quote from: Yukino on Apr 30, 2010, 05:35 PM
Even after showing screenshots for proofs, giving links, and such? What a bad host lol. If the host won't help, the only thing you can really do is PM the Admin/"Designer" about this. Many other servers have stolen the same website designs, but sometimes, nothing could be resolved unless they remove the website design themselves. Sometimes, they'll just ignore the PMs/threads about them stealing website designs.

I posted a topic on their forums, they mocked me then deleted the topic.

I am not happy. All this on my birthday weekend too :\

Descent

Rofl, the guy edited my posts, both of them.

I do not endorse this shithole and I hope it tanks.
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Yukino

Lol, wow, Descent XD. Just read the post... the staff members are horrible. They don't just delete the posts--they edit them?!?!? What cowards. That just means THEY KNOW they took it without permission but don't care about the consequences. I want to join in on the posting.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Luna~

If they used any scripts of your's, redirect their website to your website :D