EvonyRO Attempt @ Stealing Content

Started by GorthexTiger, Dec 13, 2009, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GorthexTiger

Hi everyone, I'd like to offer you a new full course of Drama.

Firstly, this is about this member of eA and soon RMS: Helios

He offered and asked to be a staff member for my server, while we had a full staff, he was a member of the eA community who had contributed somewhat (spin off's of OTHER works, but none the less, had seemed like a good guy.)

I offered him a spot on my server as a developer. I didn't NEED the extra position, but I felt that offering him a position on my server, would help give him credibility (as far as GM experience), allowing him to help me scripting other quests and stuff, all while making our server better.

At first, he started asking for things, no problem, which then lead to him asking for full access of our server files.

Of course we said No; hell, our server co-admins don't have access to that, I'm not willing to give someone who may or may not have been a GM on my staff for < 4 hours access to something me and my co-admin have spent MONTHS working on.

So, we denied his requests, however, gave him some scripts to sort of see what he could "add" to them.

I additionally released a script on eAThe Healing Fountain which was one of the scripts, we gave him an older version of a dice event that we tailored to our settings, and a small invasion script.

I log on today, and get a message from one of my sub-admins, that he had tried converting them over to his server via an MSN conversation.

I then confront him about it, and says it's his brothers server. I ask if anyone has access to his MSN to account, he professes that no one does, but when offered with evidence, it is a coincidence that his "brother", got onto his MSN account and then randomly asked people to be GMs.

Coincidence.

Asking for Scripts + Asking To Be GMs.

So, I finally asked what his brother's servers name was.

EvonyRO

How sweet.

So I did a little checking...

And low and behold, look what I found.

http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/LunarAtDreamer/EvonyRO/?action=view&current=888888.jpg

Hmm, coincidence, these all look like chosenro.com/index.php?/topic/6-chosenro-rules/]This[/url] & chosenro.com/index.php?/topic/3-forum-rules/]This[/url]

Jocked maybe? (Jocked is a California slang term meaning "to copy, to be copied")

Then, it got even better:

I found this:

Notice the picture thing at the bottom?

Yeah, it was jacked from my signature...AND WAS LINKED TO MY PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT.

Wow, we are getting to almost epic levels of copying right now.

And just to verify that that is MY account, you can check the images in the DreamerRO topic below, which was posted back in Sept., so the account is rightfully mine.

And then to further prove a point...I changed the photo in Photobucket with a better one (note: this one may shock some viewers)

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah, that's right: they f*** jocked everything off our forums, and almost tried to steal our server and make it there own.

And, to top if all off:

Well let's compare with your eA profile.

Yeah, you sure aren't the admin:

Your picture & MSN all match the ones you make on eA.

Totally not Helios.

Totally not.

So, after the cat got out of the bag, this popped up.

EvonyRO's new recruitment topic.

Summary:

Do not trust Helios
Do not goto EvonyRO.

P.S. Chat log is available.

EDIT: Added logs to be seen.

I nominate Helios to the RMS GM Hall of Shame
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Zone

/fullsupport

Contact information as well as pictures are the same for the two as well.
Graphic Content
[close]

Temjin

Does anybody else find the irony that "EvonyRO" shares the same name as a browser "MMO" that is basically a rip-off of Sid Meier's Civilization run by Chinese gold farmers...?

Tom~

It's funny how he called himself stupid. /ok

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

demon5644

mmm actually his i messaged him his msn picture was different then his ea profile picture. EA it looked like a older kid and the msn looked like a younger pic. Also even so if he copied your forums then why even bother it aint copyrighted. People make there forums the same as other people.

idk it looks sorta fishy but ive joined evonyro and it looks like non of your scripts are in there. There is no invasion and or so. Plus i guess there fine since theres like 13 players online.

I wouldnt make a big deal outta it yet unless they copy your server fully then thats a big deal. people rip others ideas all the time. But all his ideas are found on the ea forum.

Also to the evonyro concept of a web browser they make names up for RO all the time so evonyro and evony the game are different names in perspective. I wouldnt even bother starting about that.

idk as a buisness owner i wouldnt  do anything about this since there website is different from yours. and there server.

+ thats kinda messed up zone and shows that you know a great deal of photoshop are you part of the chosenro staff or supporters?.

Roane

demon5644, English called, it wants you to stop raping it.

Lil Angel

Yes, demon5644, if you are truly a business owner, remind me never to do business with you. Your spelling and punctuation are atrocious. Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with the subject at hand but I could not resist  ;)

demon5644

lol drama i see why there so much of it xP sorry for my atrocious spelling. Im on a iphone right now.

I can see why theres alot of immature people haha always starting stuff tsk tsk cant we just enjoy ragnarok

Zone

Sev

I'm really confused as to whom demon5644 is.
Its odd to me that he joined today, the same day that EvonyRO was introduced to RMS in the GM Recruitment section. And, on top of it, he's a business man on an iPhone. I'm not saying that it isn't true but; A) being on an iPhone doesn't effect your grammar, and  B) I don't know of any business men who would willingly name themselves demon, let alone with 4 random numbers after it.

P.s. Someone or something axed the EvonyRO website because its not even there anymore.

Zone

Sev

Defending your server's cool and all, but my guess is that he/she's a GM hopeful. I think its pretty clear that there was some copying. It was copying of rules, but still, common.

Sev

Well Michy, I know who you are haha.

I think that it could/should go into the Hall of Shame, because its a good example of what to look for in a potential "thief." 

I was also wondering what the relationship between Helloween, and Deviant/Helios is. Helloween is the one advertising the server on RMS, the obvious job of admins and co admins alike (or an advertising GM, whatever that really is). Helloween was also a name on the EvonyRO forums, for those of you who didn't get the chance to actually see it before it was axed. Helloween didn't have any type of Moderator account on the forums and no where did it say anything about him being an actual GM of any kind. My theory is that either Helloween and Helios are the same person, or they're two separate people and one of them is demon as well.

crysiscore3

I really hate when people do crap like this :/
I've actually been thinking about offering to script for one of my servers, and this is the kind of stuff that makes the Admin less receptive to the idea.

Quote from: Roanedemon5644, English called, it wants you to stop raping it.
I like you :)
Thinking of making your own RO PServer?
Read this first.

Royale

I've dealt with this guy before. He's a bad seed. He tried to apply as a Developer for my server, when I rejected him he insulted me rapidly.