DreamerRO

Started by Kyugami, Feb 17, 2009, 04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyugami

Let me start off by saying I have played Ragnarok Online since iRO's 2001 beta testing. I've been active on a LOT of private servers, but I couldn't possibly remember all of them (most of which are probably long gone by now). Since I've played all these private servers, I have experience with many corrupt GMs, overpowering donation items and your general meanspirited players, which is what I'm going to be talking about in this review. Also, it's worth mentioning that I've been in several staff positions myself on many of these servers that are no longer around (most recent one being ZenRO). Now, I know none of this below is going to be much different from any other corrupt server, but given this server's current position, I figured people would appreciate a review of what's really going on in the server. Basically, this server only has two flaws. But these flaws are massive as far as I'm concerned, and they far outweigh the server's good points from my perspective. Bear with me as I explain the bad.

Firstly, here is DreamerRO on Ratemyserver. I want to make clear TWO THINGS about the server description.

"Because We have proven to care for our players"
This statement couldn't be more wrong. Before you continue down, please take into consideration that the DreamerRO forum is the place where all things community-related take place. Things like these do happen in-game, but the forum is where most of it happens. Please continue down for a more detailed look on how HaZe (the Root Administrator) and his GM staff "care" for their players. Also, take note of their brilliant professionalism when dealing with flamers and undesirables.

HaZe
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click

CAUTION
Click
Click
Zeel was banned for flaming. Want to know what happens to people like him?

Alcoholic
It's probably clear to a lot of you by now that they actually have a Flame Topic. Yes. This topic is dedicated to insulting other members of the board. Yes.
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click

Ellie & Rhiann
The point of showing you Rhiann and Ellie is to make an example of the type of GMs which are allowed into this server. How did they attain such a position? That is the question of the century, isn't it. Please understand that, if this was indeed a free game for everyone with no real money involved, professionalism shouldn't be expected from anyone. BUT real money IS involved through donating (buying in-game equipment), and therefore, your administration and moderation teams need to be as professional as possible. It is, ultimately, their job to make sure that nothing is driving even one of DreamerRO’s members away.
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click

Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click

Now that we’ve met the GM crew, I’ve compiled some example screenshots on how HaZe deals with questions and suggestions. Continue on, please.

Hydeonce has a suggestion. HaZe doesn't approve. He's too cool for a reason.
Yumi has one too. HaZe tells her to stop whining.
Hydeonce has another suggestion! … Rejected.
A question I posted. GTFO! This is just overboard on whining!

Now onto the rules of DreamerRO. A couple things stuck out to me, so let me offer you the courtesy of pointing them out.

-Play nice (Don’t flame) << BROKEN!
-Do not spam post (lul, ok, nub, thx, no wai, ECT: are not posts, have content please) << BROKEN!
And the very funny entry: “I’m sure there are other things you should not do but aren’t listed here. Do us both a favor, don’t do them.” It simply speaks for itself.
-Do not flame/troll/disrespect others in any way. << BROKEN!
-Always use good judgment when making a post. << BROKEN!
-Remember we’re all human, no one person should be harassed sexually, or verbally, this includes harassment in the forums or personal messages. << BROKEN!

Then the very last one:
Flaming to the server and any of the GMs team WILL NOT be tolerated and your account will be banned instantly. If you have something bad to say, DO NOT do it in OUR house (forum).
Don’t let this rule scare you guys. Your ban will eventually be lifted due to entertainment reasons. It doesn’t matter if you are a complete donkey hole to anyone and everyone, therefore discouraging members to play any further on your server…you are entertaining, so we won’t permanently ban you for that reason. Go about your business.
See below for a list of examples of Zeel’s posts.
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click

As you can see, HaZe and the lot do not care for their players like they claim. It is a simple lie to help their server grow, but once you’re in, they heed you nothing.

“In DreamerRO you are guaranteed to find the BEST Class balanced every seen on any High Rate…”
Kyugami presents…the next major flaw.

Before I continue, please take a moment to examine the types of custom items inside DreamerRO (the donator items especially). These items such as Wings of Darkness (-45% skill reductionâ€"usually used in combination with the Imp Hat, further reducing the skill delay by 20%) and the Condom Hat (reduce damage done by humans by 35%--usually used in combination with a cranial shield) are proof enough against their statement of balance. Really though, this section needs no detail. Any Ragnarok veteran can look at these items and see how hilariously imbalanced they are. It’s worth mentioning these items as well. All though you can gain these items through voting, the clones are nothing close to the donation items, and they don't add balance into the game--and if you think I'm the only one who thinks so, you're gravely mistaken.

Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click

Here we have another great display of HaZe’s professionalism when dealing with members. Bravo.
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click
Click

This server’s balance in PvP is great, when donators aren’t involvedâ€"but they always are. And those donators will bully anyone and everyone around with no reason at all, and they won’t stop if you ask them to. This server has no balance as claimed.

And there you have it. The two bad points about DreamerRO. Now I will review the restâ€"the technical stuff.

Server Rating

Stability
As a whole, the server is quite lag-filled. The server will hiccup several times every hour, but the lag is only active for a second and a half. It’s not really significant enough to affect my review since I’ve seen much worse.

Availability
Near perfect. The sever has only crashed twice throughout the course of my experience playing (one week).

Community Rating

Friendliness
Honestly, I’d say my experience was good with most of the community in the main town. I was always able to find someone to talk with, and I made several friends within an hour of hopping in-game. Despite their friendliness however, most will completely ignore you when it comes to answering a question. Several times have I been the only person helping out a newcomer. Most recent newcomer being Imphy, who literally sat with a chat open for 15 minutes in a heavily populated area while nobody would help her. So despite their friendliness, nobody will bother to help you.

Eventfulness
Events are held often, but from a personal point of view aren’t very interesting (but this is only my opinion, not fact). Most consist of hide-and-seek or treasure-hunting events.

Game Master Rating

Friendliness
I’ve never been able to have a real conversation with a GM before, despite them being in the main town. Most of the time, they will only talk to the donators (the ones who really matter) and the ones in their inner circle. GM Bunneh doesn’t seem to have that problem as she will talk to most people openly.

Availability
GMs are on regularly active daily, but they seem to be on their “legit” accounts more often. It’s worth mentioning that there’s an NPC in the main town (Ayothaya) who lists all of the currently online GMs.

Helpfulness
I find that my friend and I are helping out newcomers more often than the administration. Most of the crew will ignore you or warp away when you ask your question (HaZe’s reason being: he isn't a support GM). They aren’t very helpful in-game, but usually basic questions on the forum will be answered by the other staff members.

Gameplay Rating

Economy
…is non-existent. Everything is massively overpriced due to the fact that donators will buy items from DreamerRO’s website and sell them for billions of Zeny.

Guild Competition
Guild competition seems pretty solid as far as I can tell. I hadn’t taken part in WoE, but I’ve paid attention to the announcements when WoE was in play. There seems to be several active guilds on the server with plenty of conflict.

Class Balance
As mentioned before, when donators aren’t involved, the class balance is as fine as any other high rate server.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent in DreamerRO up until I discovered the donation items, and the pathetically unprofessional HaZe and his inexperienced, uninspired crew of GMs. I've provided you with the screenshots so you can see all you need to see for yourself. I would not recommend anyone this server for it is unquestionably a waste of your time. There are better servers out there, and DreamerRO is not one of them.

PoisonWolf

Kyugami,

First off, I commend you on your efforts (golly, that's a lot of images) of bringing shame to this daftly run server. I suggest that this topic be trashed in the Hall of Shame. I look forward to seeing HaZe "professionalize-up" when he comes posting in here with perfect language and grammar. That will be very amusing.

Cheers.

Pow

Quote from: PoisonWolf on Feb 17, 2009, 07:35 AM
Kyugami,

First off, I commend you on your efforts (golly, that's a lot of images) of bringing shame to this daftly run server. I suggest that this topic be trashed in the Hall of Shame. I look forward to seeing HaZe "professionalize-up" when he comes posting in here with perfect language and grammar. That will be very amusing.

Cheers.

I believe the OP provided sufficient proof to warrant it's moving to "Hall Of Shame".

Moved; Hall Of Shame

-Pow
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

Descent

There's nothing that pisses me off more than Admins and Owners like this teenage pissant getting players, and having a server that's got triple digit online counts.

I heard he faked his count on the CP to entice people to join, too. Wouldn't surprise me.

I have to say, the only staffer I would like is Alcoholic, he seems like we'd get along just fine. :P I don't know why you lumped him and the "Flame Topic" in there, though. Actually, upon re-reading it, I'd have to say that his posts were very tame. Didn't seem to be flying off the handle like the two nympho GMs, your "Moderator" and his scary "KoS list", or your Admin himself. Just pointing that out.

Also, I've seen a "Flame Thread" on various servers that I have played. It's used as an area set aside to contain the flaming and trolling without it going everywhere else. To be honest, RMS needs one.

EDIT: V4P? Vote for Points? Isn't having an incentive for voting grounds for de-listing from RMS?

Cielte

I has ebil planz for dis serv, k.

Seems like a home server for me, tons of flaming, an immature Admin, immature Moderators, immature GM's. Could be TONS of fun.

Good catch, Kyu. Now, can you get HaZe here? I love the entire "This person is a liar!!1111 I didn't do this sh*t!! he juz has prof but i no did it!!!1111" that alot of Admin's give off when someone responds negatively about their server.

Edit : Zeel? Wasn't there a topic on this kid already?

offtopic

Hai, Descent, and Pow.
OT2: I would've said more, but I just woke up, and my minds blank right now.
[close]

Shinn

.sigh another failed retard kid who thinks he can run sum biznezz with getting donations on his server >_> this is really a shame. I hope you find a better server Kyugami this server is being run by a depressed teenage who gets out his PMS-ing pain through you the players. My advice leave the server, it will die eventually. :)

Cheers~

cause after all the drama, I still slain em.

Need a site done? contact me.

Descent

The particularly upsetting part is that servers like these? They grow.

Servers with legit staff? Usually tank.

Vadz

Hmm, too bad... I already expected like 1 month ago this would happen...
There are only 2 things that this server really need... IF haze would really like to listen to anybody's opinion and act off to moneys.. this server would be perfect...
With haze skills, he could make this server 10 times better... perhaps he's just busy atm...

lets be respectful still >.>

Descent

Quote from: JJJ on Feb 17, 2009, 09:32 AM
lets be respectful still >.>

Let's wait this out. I'm not the only person who wants to see what HaZe has to say.

Don't kill this one before it has a chance.

Auroraâ„¢

I wouldn't hold my breath on HaZe actually replying, though I want to see what he has to say in his defense, too.

FrostRO wasn't too much different than the way this server is being portrayed, and the owner of that server never once replied to any of the topics made about them, either.

Nonetheless, people such as these, in my opinion, really just don't deserve to have such power, but, like Descent already stated, it's the servers like these who grow, and, unfortunately, because of the fact people like HaZe has people like those staff members to back up the tyrannical attitude he parades around with, he gets to stay in power, and treat his players like crap longer than he should be able to. It's kind of sad, and definitely a reason some of my friends, and probably some of the more intelligent crowds, stray away from private servers now-a-days. :\

Thanks for sharing this information, Kyu.

» Coming Soon! «

akoaysmurf999

I have been a player of dRo since last year but it ended with me being banned for being a suspect of botting.
In all my years playing RO, I have never botted nor have I thought of using a bot. Also bots was the reason why I quit pRO(Philippine Ragnarok Online-official server here in the Philippines) because it's unfair, I mean I level up my character and here comes a bot who can stay 24 hours and hoard items and levels like crazy.

But anyway, I was hunting items for a custom headgear(but the custom headgear pales in comparison to the donator items actually. +7 stats versus +30 stats? WTF?!?!) when I was suddenly teleported to Rachel, I didn't even know that this was the test for suspected bot's because this was the first I have ever been suspected as a bot, so i thought that the @warp was on the frits or the server was causing this, so I just teleported back to the hunting place. But after that I got banned.

Probably I got suspected because I don't talk to anyone when I hunt items, I just teleport and teleport till I find the mob that drops the item. My way of hunting is mostly based on my Ethereal Revenge way of Hunting OCA's, I don't talk to anyone because alot of players also hunt OCA's in thanatos tower, so if I stop and chat with someone I'm wasting precious time that could be spent with hunting.

Now, I'm fighting for my account back because I wasn't even botting, yet they say I was. So does that mean they know what I was doing better than I do? LAWLERSKATES!

I'm planning to search for another server If the head GM isn't open minded. Because if she insists that I was botting without listening to me, then fine. It's not like dRO is the only private server out there.

Stripe

I don't know if you guys know this, but HaZe wasn't just HaZe. If anything most people know him as Jonathan/Lil DomX. He was the admin to a server called SpiritusRO, previously called TitanRO then AncientRO. He's a total scumbag though, he couldn't care less about his population. When SpiritusRO started to tone down after hitting highs of 1000 players, Jonathan really screwed up. He started putting in new donates that screwed up the player balance. He hired alot of corrupt GMs who did some damage on the economy by selling cards for paypal cash, me included. Jonathan was only in this for the money, and it's starting to come back to him. Right before SpiritusRO was handed down to a new admin, who did nothing for it, he posted on the forums "Thanks for the money, suckers." Then it was deleted when the new admin came. He's just making another attempt to grasp some quick cash, and to be honest, it's not working very well. He makes up numbers for his population by hiding /who or editing it to make it seem more than normal. But all in all, I'd say don't even try arguing with this guy, he's a douche who knows that he's only in this for the money, however will do whatever he can to cover up anything negative about him.

Descent

Bear in mind, people, we're still waiting on HaZe and other staffers to come and say their piece.

Keep the topic alive, I'd hate to come back after a six hour drive home to Ontario to find this junked because nobody could remain civil.

felinefatality

IMHO.

I BEG TO DISAGREE to some posts. I cant believe there a people like this. LOL. HAZE is doing hell of a good job. He gives players what they want. I mean in general. Haze gave us V4P Donation like items, bet you didnt bother to say thanks to him and of courseWhat GMs have they're own lives you know. And people like you, a child, cant see the very good side of everything.

And by the way you know the population of the server. Why would you implement tons of castles for WOE.

Do you know the reason of the crash? Of course you didnt. Why? Because you only mind yourself. Didnt you know that someone is hacking the server and it gave Haze tons of problems. WHAT? you didnt even thank him for your 1 week stay.

Who likes flaming???????? Bet you like it when zeel is having a good job of destroying the forums eh? And is disrespectful to the staff and even to other players.

GMs are very helpful in game. Even when they are in theyre legit characters. Even they are not Support GMs. I can ask Haze stupid questions and he is soooo friendly he'd answer that! And he doesnt think highly of himself. He bonds with the players.