The Last You'll See of My Guides

Started by MWright967, Sep 29, 2008, 01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWright967

Hello all,

Its been quite a long time since I've been on these forums. Those of you who remember me, probably remember me as ''The guy who made that server setup guide which everybody loved''. Well, those guides have been rotting on these forums for almost a year now. During my ragna-lifespan, I released 3 complete guides:

Server Creation
Connecting your Server to the Internet
NPC Creation

I have removed these guides permanantly, not only from Filefront but from this forum, the eAthena boards, and everywhere else that I have posted them. There are no duplicates anywhere. While my guide (to be honest) is basically the best and easiest guide out there to setting up your own server, it never got much attention due to the small amount of people that visit Ragnarok forums.

So, because of this, and because I would hate to have someone steal my work....I will be giving these guides out ONE last time, and they will never be released to anyone again. I will be giving the guides out to 5, and only 5 people. The first 5 people to email me at MWright967@hotmail regarding the guides will recieve my entire ''Server Superpack'' which has all 3 guides. Some links may be out of date, and if they are, just visit my Filefront listing 'MWright967''. But be warned, those files will only be there for a week or two, then they too will be taken down permanantly.

The guides include not only how to setup your server, but provide you with links to all of my self-made files which you will use to create the server to begin with. Such as my client, my data packet, etc. So if you want to know how to make a server the easy way, I highly suggest you email me now and get your spot before it all goes south.

IMPORTANT: My guides are copyrighted under federal United States law. With God as my witness...If I ever find out that ANYONE has posted my guide, given a link to it, given it to someone, etc....You WILL be hearing from my lawyer. I'm not trying to be mean, I am simply protecting my hard work.

Again, too many people used this guide to make junk servers, so I will only be giving it out to 5 people! JUST 5! And again..You can not distribute the guide I give you in any way, shape, fashion or form.

I hope all of you who get the guide enjoy it, and I hope that during my lifespan here I helped people create some truly good servers. I will be creating my own exclusive server for myself and close friends, but besides that...Ragnarok is over for me. I thought it would be nice to visit the forums one more time and give everyone something to remember me by, and to help a few fledgling server makers.

Again, my email is [email protected]

Thank you, and good luck!

Pandora

No offense or anything, but isn't this the second time if not more than you "remove your guides" and make them exclusive and all? I seem to recall something similar a few months ago.

I remember your guide seemed good, but not the 'end of the world' that people can't live without, there's lots of guides on eA from other people that make it easy to start a server, not to mention making future server owner work a bit is not a bad thing either.. again no offense I hope.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

MWright967

Pandora

I never used your guide because I already had a server when you posted them, but I recall checking them out when they were here on RMS, it seemed well written and helpful don't get me wrong. Not looking for an argument, yay to those 5 lucky people I guess.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

MWright967

sigh i'm getting a bad feeling from this....
can we all just try to get along?

PS: why was there a need to tell us this anyway? o.o

MWright967

Pow

First of all:

Flaming moderators isn't a good move and honestly, that makes your comment completely ironic.

Secondly:

Your guide(s) weren't the only guides on the internet. You look at the eAthena forums and there is literally hundreds of guides how to set up servers. Just because you decided to put your guide on a forum that isn't meant for these guides that is obviously populated by people who play private servers, and not make them, does not give you the right to believe you control ALL (Private server) content that comes onto and through these forums.

All eAthena has are a bunch of outdated guides with tons of technical jargon which can't be understood by the fledgling server creator. I had this same problem. I used every guide on earth when I first began making servers, and it took me MONTHS to figure out how to make it work. Now, with my guide, I can't tell you how many people have set up a working, online server within a matter of sheer minutes. THAT is what makes my guide the greatest, and THAT is why it deserves a little more respect than you're giving it.

This is COMPLETELY contradictory to what you are saying about servers popping up. Are you going to continue to provide continuing support to these people who create servers that are 'A ton of crap' and 'Useless' by using your guides?

Not to mention the fact that the guides on eAthena aren't meant to be easy to use nor user friendly. If you're going to be running a server, you have to be able to follow "Technical Jargon" or your server is going to be 'A ton of crap' and 'Useless'. Anyway, you see where this is going.

Anyway, this topic is completely useless and there is no reason for it to be opened.

Topic Locked

Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land