Sol Invictus' Way To Be A Supernovi

Started by Strykor, Jun 12, 2009, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strykor

1. Foreword
Hello, I just wanted to present the equip and the builds a Super Novice can have because there are several methods to use the SuperNovi in order to be good in PvP and PvM. First of all, you can forget MvPing since you have a low damage output and low hp/sp.
How to level should be clear from the other guides which were posted previously so I am just giving you a basical view about two Builds of a Super Novice.

2. General Overview

2.1 Status
Here we go to the Status of a Super Novice. I will just give you a quick overview about the "naked" Super Novice on level 99/99, generally speaking without any gear on, so you know roughly, how many hp/sp you have.
There are two options, either you will have

Max Hp: 2681
Max Sp: 115

Str + 5
Int + 5
Agi + 5
Dex + 5
Vit + 5
Luk +5

Or you will have

Max Hp: 2934
Max Sp: 126

Str + 15
Int +15
Agi + 15
Dex +15
Vit + 15
Luk +15

How do we get those +10 extra stats?
We can either level until job level 70 without even dieing once, so that we will get +10 stats, one time you die, you will lose them.
Or you can get yourself linked, there is a 1% chance of curing that death you had, so you can gain those +10 stats, but again, when you die, you will lose them, why I do not suggest you to get them everytime before you enter PvP since it gets really annoying lateron.
(I hate chances anyway )

What do we get to know?

2.2 Pros & Cons of being a SuperNovice

Pros:
Well, as you probably know a Super Novice is mainly a Fun character. So HAVE Fun. You can hardly go MvPing, so you mostly chill in PvP, Trick dead a bit and make people angry.
You can have Instant Cast with a Caster Super Novice, which is much fun to, but you are not really designed for PvM, however we will have a look on that later.
Pros beside that are
-The 2.000 life gain as hitting level 99
- Fury (when you have 99mil exp and are level 99), you die and will be resurrected with Fury Active, this gives you like double hp and much def
- You can buff yourself (Blessing; Agi up; Improve Concentration)
- Additional 10 Stats
- Passive Skills (Owl's Eye)
- Still Novice Skills (Trick Dead ^.^) which is useful in PvP
- Pneuma and Safety Wall ^.^
- Level 4 Weapons and Headgear with Link^.^

Cons:
However there are many cons.
- Low HP and low SP gain (1sp per Int point; 24hp per vit)
- Not able to do MvP's ### Blitz please update with a post ^.^
- PvM only against low mobs since low HP
- Weak against nearly every class
- Low Weight (Mobbing is hard without potions when you have no regeneration)

3. The Two Different Ways To Be
As said before, there are different ways for a SuperNovice, mainly the Caster and the Melee, since you have all the first class spells, I will just give you an overview about their builds and stats and equipment, since you already know how to level, as I said before. Just read the other guides. Just do not forget to get those extra 99mil exp after hitting level 99. In my calculation I will calculate WITHOUT the +10 bonus stats since you will not be able to get them every single time you play. It gets annoying trust me.

3.1 The Caster

3.1.1 Foreword
Why not making a Mage? Why not making a Wizard? Why not playing to get a nice Scholar? Why the hell a Super Novice?
Well, as I said, it is nice to have a Super Novice, with the plus 10 stats you can easily achieve the Instant Cast, which player kinda love. ^.^So let us get started with the general Build.

3.1.2 Skills
So, here we go. You have 99 Skill Points, so spend them carefully.

There are some Spells you truly MUST get for all kinds of Casters, namely

Divine Protection lv 5
Blessing lv 10
Heal lv 3-x (You can look, if you have additional points, I do a 700hp healing on lv 3 with 5,6k hp, that is kinda enough)
Increase Agi lv 3-x (you really only need the movement speed so it is up to you, but since you do not want to waste many SP, you should at least get it level 3 for the duration)
Ruwach lv 1 (hiding ^.^)
Teleport lv 2
Warp Portal lv 4
Pneuma lv 1 (really important for PvP against Hunter/Sniper/Rogue/SD Assassins/AD/Shield spells, etc...)
Napalm Beat lv 7 (Safety Wall)
Soul Strike lv 5 (Safety Wall)
Safety Wall lv 10 (Of course! If you ask yourself why, do not read on )
Owl's Eye lv 10 (No explanation needed)
Vulture's Eye lv 1
Improve Concentration lv 10 (Dex and Agi Gain? Doh!)

After that, if you have spend the minimum of skill points, you still have 26 Skill points to spend. ^.^
So lets go on.

There are 3 different types of casters which I met

3.1.2.1 Frost Diver & Lightning Bolt
Lets get started. What do you need? Right! 100 points for you, Frost Diver and Lightning Bolt. ^.^
So we get
Cold Bolt lv 5
Frost Diver lv 10
Lightning Bolt lv 10

What do we have?
-1 Additional skill point to spend. YAY. Get Agi Up lv 4 or something, I dont care, do what you like. ^.^ You can get Cold Bolt lv 6 to and make something of a hybrid. But well,... it is up to you.

-Frost Diver and Lightning Bolt combo. Since the Element will be changed to water, you will do some great damage.
Anyway I do not recommend this built since many people wear marc/evil druid cards, so you really have no chance of freeze the enemy. Against monsters it is good, because you really can kill kidna everything with it, if you face an undead, you can just Light Bolt him directly away. ^.^

3.1.2.2 Stone Curse & Cold Bolt

This is the build I am actually using with my SN (Sol Invictus, if you have any questions PM me ingame ^.^).
It is cheap and good. ^.^So we get
Stone Curse lv 10 and
Cold Bolt level 10

Hooray!!! 6 More Skill points to spend, make your heal a little higher, it is always nice, to have some greater heal, may you put something in SP Recovery when you do not have the money to buy pots all the time.

- Advantage is really nice, you can only fear ED cards now, and you can stone curse everyone pretty fast since you have a very fast cast. Cold Bolt is good against many classes until they do not switch their armor, just kill them fast. ^.^
- Disadvantage is that you always have to carry red gems with you. ^.^

3.1.2.3 Stone Curse & Fire Bolt

Yep, this is the third possible combo and again, look the Stone Curse & Cold Bolt part, red gems and additional skill points.
Stone Curse lv 10
Fire Bolt lv 10

Weak against Smithes since they have 20% more fire def from their passive skill and it is not really cheap to get Imp cards. ^.^ We will see later

3.1.3 The Stats
As basic stats we have

Str + 5
Int + 5
Agi + 5
Dex + 5
Vit + 5
Luk +5

Nice hmn? Not really.
What do we need? Obviously Dex, Int and maybe a little bit of Vit, I recommend to have Int which can be divided by 7 so you get your MIN MATK bonus and dont waste points, you get MAX MATK bonus with your INT when it can be divided by 5. So try to get both divisons active.
Something like

79+5 Int
99+5 Dex
49+5 Vit
1 into rest should do the trick, you will have
3896 HP
203 SP

With Full buffs that makes the stats of:
1 + 15 STR
1 + 17 AGI
59 + 5 VIT
79 + 15 INT
99 + 38 DEX
1 + 5 LUK

Nice isn't it? You can vary the stats if you want. It is just a guideline to have. ^.^Be sure your int/7 is possible.

3.1.4 The Gear
This is kinda the most important part of every character. So let us see, what we can do. Since we have our Soul Link, we can look, what we want to have.

If we really want to have Instant Cast without any +Stats, we have to get the following:

Upper Headgear : Apple of Archer +7 or higher / Ulle's Cap but you will be missing 1 Dex, so we put an Isilal Card in (INT+2, Reduce Casting Time by 50% for 5 seconds when performing a Magical attack. FLEE Rate+30| DEX+2, AGI+1)
Middle Headgear: Binoculars
Weapon: Hypnotist's Staff with 2 Drops Cards (Dex+2, HIT+6, INT + 1, MATK + 25%) or alternatively

Staff of Piercing +8 or higher (A staff with a jewel in it that causes shockwave every once in a while. The shockwave sometimes nullifies enemy's magic defense. MATK + 15%, INT + 4
When you attack using magical ability, it will ignore 10% of their MDEF and deals damage accordingly. The amount ignored will increase depending on the refinement rate of this weapon.)
Acessiores: 2* Novice Armlet with Zerom Cards (Str, Int, Luk +2, Dex+ 6)

That will give you enough dex to have instant cast, it should be something like
99+52 Dex.

The other STATIC gears which you should have, besides what type of caster you are.

Downer Headgear: Doh! Most Important! An Iron Chain. ^^ For the def it is nice, nothing more.

Armor: Angelic Armor +7 (or higher) for the great MDEF you gain 20!!!
Card in armor: Here you can choose, I would prefer a
-Succubus Card (VIT -3, Max HP +1000, HP Regeneration -20%)
-Evil Druid Card (Undead Property Int+1 / Def+1)

- Marc Card (Lol if you really want get one, it is a waste)
I am using Succubus since we have low hp and want more.

Shield: Novice Shield+7 (or higher) (Add a 20% resistance against property attacks )
Cards in it: You have a choice, too either you put
- Thiefbug Egg Card ( Maximum HP + 400)
- Thara Frog Card (30% less damage from Demi-Humans)

Manteau: Novice Manteau+7 (or higher) with Raydric Card (Reduce 30% of Neutral Property damage)

Shoes: Novice Shoes +7 (or higher ; Maximum HP + 5%)
Either you put a Matyr Card (10% more hp; +1 Agi)
Or you put a Verit Card (8% more hp; 8% more sp)
Or you get +9 Shoes and put in a Firelock Soldier Card (str+ 2 | Maximum HP and SP + 10%)

What do we have? All in all the following:
- Instant Cast
- 6003 HP
- 233 SP

Still low SP, you got to take Honeys or something with you. ^.^

VARY GEAR
What gear can you vary in order to get some more extra features? Well, I do not want Instant Cast always so I just get some other things.

ACESSOIRIES
For the Cold Bolt you can get Siromas instead of the Zerom Cards in the Acessoiries (Reduce Casting Time of Cold Bolt by 25%. Inflict 25% more damage with Cold Bolt *2 since you can have 2)

For the Fire Bolt you can get Imp Cards instead of the Zeroms ( Reduce Casting Time of Fire Bolt by 25%. Inflict 25% more damage with Fire Bolt)

WEAPON
Instead of the two Drops Cards (Dex+2 ; Hit+6) you can get 2 Fabre Cards for your lacking hp (HP+200, VIT+2)

UPPER HEADGEAR
You can put whatever you want, Incubus Card ( INT - 3, Maximum SP + 150, SP Recovery - 20%
[+ Succubus] INT + 4. SP Recovery + 30%), since you can wear nearly every headgear, look what is fine, a Novice Hat is nice, too, (All Stats + 1 with a slot where you could add your Incubus Card +7/8)

That's it about Casters, we can go on now. ^.^ Happy Bolting, do not forget a Bragi for the extra Bolts lawl.

3.2 The Melee Super Novice

3.1.1 Foreword
Lol, this guy is pretty rare duh. I will try to give you a general overview about this person. ^.^ Our main Skill will be Mammonite.

3.1.2 Skills
Here we still got some spells you MUST have:

Divine Protection lv 5
Blessing lv 10
Heal lv 3-x (You can look, if you have additional points, I do a 700hp healing on lv 3 with 5,6k hp, that is kinda enough)
Increase Agi lv 9 (lv 9 is enough, you only need it to spam)
Ruwach lv 1
Teleport lv 2
Warp Portal lv 4
Pneuma lv 1
Napalm Beat lv 7
Soul Strike lv 5
Safety Wall lv 10
Owl's Eye lv 10 (for the HIT)
Vulture's Eye lv 1
Improve Concentration lv 10
Mammonite lv 10 (OUR MAIN SKILL!!! )
Sword Mastery lv 10 (Additional Damage, nice doh. )

What do we have?
0 Points left, we get to know that this guy is expensive because of Mammonite, lets go on.

3.1.3 The Stats
As basic stats we have same as above.

Str + 5
Int + 5
Agi + 5
Dex + 5
Vit + 5
Luk +5

What are we trying to achieve?
Right, a very high ATK and a nice HIT with spammable AGI of mammonite.
STR should always be divided by 10.
So I will start of with our equipment and get to the stats later.

3.1.4 The Gear
We can use most from the Gear the Caster uses as well, let us see.

Downer Headgear: Doh! Most Important! An Iron Chain. ^^ For the def it is nice, nothing more.

Armor: Angelic Armor +7 (or higher) for the great MDEF you gain 20!!!
Card in armor: Here you can choose, I would prefer a
-Succubus Card (VIT -3, Max HP +1000,  HP Regeneration -20%)
-Evil Druid Card (Undead Property Int+1 / Def+1)

- Marc Card (Lol if you really want get one, it is a waste)
I am using Succubus since we have low hp and want more.

Shield: Novice Shield+7 (or higher)  (Add a 20% resistance against property attacks )
Cards in it: You have a choice, too either you put
- Thiefbug Egg Card (             Maximum HP + 400)
- Thara Frog Card (30% less damage from Demi-Humans)

Manteau: Novice Manteau+7 (or higher)  with Raydric Card (Reduce 30% of Neutral Property damage)

Shoes: Novice Shoes +7 (or higher ; Maximum HP + 5%)
Either you put a Matyr Card (10% more hp; +1 Agi)
Or you put a Verit Card (8% more hp; 8% more sp)
Or you get +9 Shoes and put in a Firelock Soldier Card (str+ 2 | Maximum HP and SP + 10%)
This gear is pretty common. I will think of the fact, that we use Firelock Soldier Card for the additional 2 str.

UPPER HEADGEAR:
We will use no Marionette Doll, it only has 0 def and 1 str gain, we will use a normal
Super Novice Hat (All Stats + 1) with a Vanberk Card (STR + 2, For 5 seconds Critical Rate + 100 when attacking to the enemies.)

ACESSOIRES:
Well obviously we will still use our two
Novice Armlets (All Stats +2) with 2 Mantis Card (Str+ 6)

WEAPON:
We have several options here.
We can use a
Combat Knife +4 (Add a 10% resistance against DemiHuman monster, but increases damage received from Demon monster by 10%. Pierces Defense of DemiHuman monster.)

Ice Pick [1]+4 (with Hydra Card)(Deals more damage depending on the target's Defense dmg+20%)
Ice Pick +4 (Deals more damage depending on the target's Defense)

or the cheaper one
Star Dust Blade +8 (Causes Stun effect to enemies by 5% chance)
Either we put in a Hydra Card (Increase damage on DemiHuman monster by 20%)
Or we put in a Savage Babe Card (Causes Stun effect to enemies by 5% chance)

3.1.3 The Stats again doh <.<
Lets see what we have now [With Buffs]

Max Hp: 4635
Max Sp: 139

Str + 26
Int + 16
Agi + 18
Dex + 29
Vit + 3
Luk +6

Lets see, we want Str be able to be divided by 10. We get

94+26 STR
47+34 DEX
80+28 AGI
31+3 VIT (we want to Survive)

With ALL our gear/awakening potion/buffs we have:

94+26 STR
1+16 INT
80+28 AGI
31+3 VIT
1+6 LUK
This is just an example, try out yourself your best stats in order to make the most dmg.

Max Hp: 5508
Max Sp: 139
ASPD: ~173
CRIT: 3.1
DEF: 43
MDEF: 20
HIT: 180

DAMAGE ON AGAV [DEMI-HUMAN; MIDDLE-SIZED MONSTER] WITH MAMONITE:
Combat Knife +4 :

Hit Ratio100%
Dodge Ratio85%
Delay(Attack Speed Type)0.54s
Minimum Damage2074
Average Damage2074
Maximum Damage2074
Damage Per Second3840.74
Minimum Number of Hits15
Average Number of Hits15
Maximum Number of Hits15
Average Battle Durration8.1s
Base Exp Per Hit652
ExpJob Exp Per Hit441
ExpAverage Damage Recieved202 (20 ~ 382)
Average Damage Recieved (w/dodge)29.79Damage

ICE PICK +4 WITH HYDRA:
Combat Results
Hit Ratio100%
Dodge Ratio85%
Delay(Attack Speed Type)0.54s
Minimum Damage1040
Average Damage1040
Maximum Damage1040
Damage Per Second1925.93
Minimum Number of Hits29
Average Number of Hits29
Maximum Number of Hits29
Average Battle Durration15.66s
Base Exp Per Hit337
ExpJob Exp Per Hit228
ExpAverage Damage Recieved223 (22 ~ 424)
Average Damage Recieved (w/dodge)32.88Damage

STAR DUST BLADE +8 WITH HYDRA:
Combat Results
Hit Ratio100%
Dodge Ratio85%
Delay(Attack Speed Type)0.57s
Minimum Damage2550
Average Damage2748
Maximum Damage2947
Damage Per Second4821.05
Minimum Number of Hits11
Average Number of Hits11
Maximum Number of Hits12
Average Battle Durration6.27s
Base Exp Per Hit889
ExpJob Exp Per Hit602
ExpAverage Damage Recieved223 (22 ~ 424)

STAR DUST BLADE +8 WITH SAVAGE BABE:

Combat Results
Hit Ratio100%
Dodge Ratio85%
Delay(Attack Speed Type)0.57s
Minimum Damage2125
Average Damage2290
Maximum Damage2456
Damage Per Second4017.54
Minimum Number of Hits13
Average Number of Hits13
Maximum Number of Hits14
Average Battle Durration7.4s
Base Exp Per Hit752
ExpJob Exp Per Hit509Exp
Average Damage Recieved223 (22 ~ 424)

4. Angelic Set
We all know the thing called Angelic Set, here are the stats if you have the full set:

Maximum HP + 900, Maximum SP + 100
Add a 3% chance of auto casting Level 1 Assumptio on the user when the user receives Physical Damage.

Why don't I want to use it? It is just not worth it, look at the stats you get from the Novice Equip, 20% Resistance against all Elements except for Neutral, 10% Restistance against Neutral, 5% More HP and the DEF of the Equip is the same.
In the end it is all up to you, but it almost has the same DEF, you can easily buy it from a NPC and upgrade it and the stats are just better. ^.^
Have Fun Deciding and thanks to the first Posts.

5. CONCLUSION
Do not create a SuperNovice, it is not worth it.

Nah joking .

Have fun bolting and Mammoniting around like hell and evade MvPs.
Hope I could help you.

#######Further Updates when needed##########

CookieEater

Quote from: Strykor on Jun 12, 2009, 10:19 AM
Well, as you probably know a Super Novice is mainly a Fun character. So HAVE Fun. You can hardly go MvPing, so you mostly chill in PvP, Trick dead a bit and make people angry.
Erm... a Super Novice loses Trick Dead upon Job Change.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

SilverStream~

I think you can get it again as a platinum skill.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CookieEater

Quote from: SilverStream~ on Jun 19, 2009, 08:22 AM
I think you can get it again as a platinum skill.
Not the last time I checked. Unless you're playing on a private server that has it disabled, a Novice loses Trick Dead when he goes Super.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x