Soil Farming

Started by Kamiden, Oct 26, 2010, 03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamiden

:Make:
Bard - 99 luk, A Whistle (Lv10), and Musical lesson (Lv10) Alternate account.
**Sinx - Morrigane's set, poring card, wild rose card, fortune sword x2. Meteor assault, pick stone, throw stone (He should have 100+ PD with a whistle)
Rogue - intimidate (Lv5)

:Process:
STEP 1: Intimidate soils in louyang field 1 until you get one on shout mountain.
STEP 2: Bring your bard/sinx onto shout mountain.
STEP 3: Use a whistle every 50 seconds. I do 40 to be on the safe side.
STEP 4: Attract the Mi Gao on your sinx with throw stone.
STEP 5: Wait forever. It'll multiply, attract all the new ones until it gets hard to keep up with.

Repeat from 6 to 8.
STEP 6: Start attracting them with meteor assault, whistle stays on you for 20 seconds after you leave it's AoE.
STEP 7: At 2000, lag like hell.
STEP 8: Kill most of them with your desired character, keep roughly 500 for more breeding.

:NOTES:
**Assuming you have 80+ PD, you can just use Pine Jubilees instead of a bard. Those you get from exchanging fur in the new world. Look that quest up on irowiki.

**If you DO use a bard, you can just use a random +5 PD headgear along with wild rose, two yoyos, two fortune swords, and a falcon muffler on the sinx. If there is no +5 PD headgear, then a morrigane's mant or a valkyrie mant with a choco will do.

It is smart to do the quest or get a priest to warp portal you up there.

If you have a knight and a veteran's sword, enchant him with fire and they will die instantly at max str. He's the best soil killer.

As an alternative:
Quote from: Orange on Oct 26, 2010, 03:04 PM
Assuming you're on a server that doesn't crash a lot, it's well worth it to find a room to do it in with plant cult+azeroth or hylzo card, that way you don't run the risk of someone walking past and stealing them, killing them and making you have to re-do it or anything.

Feel free to rewrite this. It's 3:30AM here, I'm tired and feel like I forgot something.

OH! If you own a server, specify whether this is allowed or not. Silence is consent. ;D

uncelebrated

Sounds like it would be faster to tele around and kill them as you find them instead of waiting for a gigantic mob to build up.
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

Orange

Assuming you're on a server that doesn't crash a lot, it's well worth it to find a room to do it in with plant cult+azeroth or hylzo card, that way you don't run the risk of someone walking past and stealing them, killing them and making you have to re-do it or anything.
:3

Kamiden

Quote from: uncelebrated on Oct 26, 2010, 11:12 AM
Sounds like it would be faster to tele around and kill them as you find them instead of waiting for a gigantic mob to build up.
It is tested to be much faster to kill them by the thousand. :P

QuoteAssuming you're on a server that doesn't crash a lot, it's well worth it to find a room to do it in with plant cult+azeroth or hylzo card, that way you don't run the risk of someone walking past and stealing them, killing them and making you have to re-do it or anything.
This is true. However a lot of servers don't allow you to cultivate a plant in a building. Also, it's akin to kill stealing if they do destroy your farm. Though this is a great thing, I feel like I should add it to the OP. xD

kolela

bard alone (with soul link) could have good PD. But gear would be a pain: Improved Tights + 2 Linen Glove
Mobbing them with Unchained Serenade, I guess

Failure

Hmm...what purpose would someone want to farm soils so intensively?  It sounds like decent experience, despite the ridiculous setup, but...surely there is a point I'm missing here?

Quote from: Kamiden on Oct 26, 2010, 03:25 AM
OH! If you own a server, specify whether this is allowed or not. Silence is consent. ;D
I don't think "You didn't say so, so it's okay" will fly with many servers, especially since more owners won't see this thread than will.

Kamiden

Quote from: Failure on Oct 26, 2010, 08:12 PM

Hmm...what purpose would someone want to farm soils so intensively?  It sounds like decent experience, despite the ridiculous setup, but...surely there is a point I'm missing here?

I don't think "You didn't say so, so it's okay" will fly with many servers, especially since more owners won't see this thread than will.

The purpose is to have one of the quickest leveling methods AND gain loads of zeny. They drop about 600z each, plus the chance of gold/great natures. 600 x 2000 = 1.2m. And repeating is quicker because you start from roughly 500 instead of one. Probably 4 mil per hour minimum after the first time.

Also -- Most of the time, if there was no rule against it, you are free to do so until it is discovered. And then it is up to the Admins whether to outlaw it or not. It is not a glitch or a bug, it's done on iRO. :P

Regret

This sounds like a good idea to farm up some levels and zeny.
Thanks for this information!

(Always nice to know some leveling/farm-alternatives.)

uncelebrated

High Orcs are better exp/hr than soils.  Just saying.
'effective now, ***** is butthurt because his server sucks without competent players to make things interesting'

Zereges

Impossible, last time we farm soils, we killed about 10k soils per hour (in 4 days we have more than 380K killed soils - our server has mob count feature)
We had about 150golds and 60cards (and many many great natures) on 2/2/2 rates
It's about 55/40M exp per hour.
Posted on: Oct 27, 2010, 06:24 pm
Sorry for double post but can some1 tell me how many mobs thay can kill per hour? we are killing about 2000. Should it be better? Or is it ok?
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Kamiden

You can kill more soils per hour if you don't dual client. With PD food and 80 PD. It can be up to 30k soils per hour. :O

Zereges

How can I do that, Imo on about 2k soils i have i get totally laggy and sinx gets disconected :(
And what is this food? Its easy farmable?
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

yC

I thought this is an exploit.  lol looks fun.

vedrosha

Quote from: yC on Nov 01, 2010, 07:31 PM
I thought this is an exploit.  lol looks fun.
sweet :o

Phantasma

:Make:
Bard - 99 luk, A Whistle (Lv10), and Musical lesson (Lv10) Alternate account.
**Sinx - Morrigane's set, poring card, wild rose card, fortune sword x2. Meteor assault, pick stone, throw stone (He should have 100+ PD with a whistle)
Rogue - intimidate (Lv5)

:Process:
STEP 1: Intimidate soils in louyang field 1 until you get one on shout mountain.
STEP 2: Bring your bard/sinx onto shout mountain.
STEP 3: Use a whistle every 50 seconds. I do 40 to be on the safe side.
STEP 4: Attract the Mi Gao on your sinx with throw stone.
STEP 5: Wait forever. It'll multiply, attract all the new ones until it gets hard to keep up with.

Repeat from 6 to 8.
STEP 6: Start attracting them with meteor assault, whistle stays on you for 20 seconds after you leave it's AoE.
STEP 7: At 2000, lag like hell.
STEP 8: Kill most of them with your desired character, keep roughly 500 for more breeding.

:NOTES:
**Assuming you have 80+ PD, you can just use Pine Jubilees instead of a bard. Those you get from exchanging fur in the new world. Look that quest up on irowiki.

**If you DO use a bard, you can just use a random +5 PD headgear along with wild rose, two yoyos, two fortune swords, and a falcon muffler on the sinx. If there is no +5 PD headgear, then a morrigane's mant or a valkyrie mant with a choco will do.

It is smart to do the quest or get a priest to warp portal you up there.

If you have a knight and a veteran's sword, enchant him with fire and they will die instantly at max str. He's the best soil killer.

As an alternative:
Quote from: Orange on Oct 26, 2010, 03:04 PM

Feel free to rewrite this. It's 3:30AM here, I'm tired and feel like I forgot something.

How do you specifically do this?!?
but sounds/looks VERY Interesting to do  ;D ;D ;D