SinX lowrate guide

Started by Sarin, May 02, 2008, 10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarin

First, this guide is for 99/70 max level, no customs, no miniboss/MvP cards in sinX equip. I will focus on one build that I personally use, but I will mention others too. Also, I am gonna mention skill/stat reseting. If there is no reseter on your server, leveling guide for trans part will be of no use for noagi builds.

Oh, and sorry if I missed similar guide around.

Part one: general hints

1. foodstuff. Get Green Iguana and Anopheles cards, they will provide you with +3 dex and +3 agi food. STR food is a bit different. You can use gremlin card to get +3, but I prefer making my own +5 str food. It is not hard.
2. at WoE, carry some speed pots. They allow you to escape dangerous situations.
3. know your enemy. You need different tactics on every class.
4. you got cloaking, use it. Don't attack recklessly.
5. grimtooth. Katar assassin's best friend. Note a little "glitch" or how to call it, that allows you to equip arrows. If you equip some status-inducing arrow, like freeze arrow, this status will be carried by grimtooth. It will not consume the arrow tho,  so you just need to carry one of each type.
6. battlemode. learn how to use it.
7. use elemental converters. Raydric is widely used and you might run into someone with GR/deviling.
8. if you are revealed from hide via skill, you have no delay on your skills, but enemy will usually suffer from minor delay from hiss revealing skill. Use that little moment to strike him. Try to predict when you will be revealed and be ready.

Part two:Builds

Sonic Blow dedicated sin: I believe there is guide to this somewhere around, so I'll skip this one.

Dagger builds: crit build and icepick build. These two differ just in weapon used. Basically build around EDP and melee attack, they have very high agi and low vit, thus having to kill VERY fast. Basically, in defense they raid attacking parties, killing one or two members before disappearing and attacking again. In offense, they are primary empbreakers, able to slip in unnoticed and breaking emp in few seconds.

Equip:
armor: pantie, ED and/or marc card
garment: undershirt, wanderer card
shoes: if possible black leather boots, otherwise high refine boots, wild rose card
accessories: slotted rings, shinobi and dancing dragon. additional accessory with horong card will come handy.
Headgears: Ulle's cap with vanberk card, in case you have alice doll available, use this with nightmare. Middle headgear are angel/evil wing ears.
weapons: Crit: 2x +7 mes [3], one paper+skel soldier+mobster, second 2x assulter and hydra, another one with similar cards but against emperium recommended.
Icepick: icepick (obviously), if possible slotted with paper card. +7 mes with two hydras and skel worker, and another mes with two orc skels and desert wolf for empbreak. If you can't get enough icepicks for slotting, replace desert wolf and skel worker with paper cards.
NOTE: I included paper card combo for different reasons than crit. Yea, it adds crit damage, useless for non crit DD. But take a look at whole combo and you will see lots of interesting bonuses, including walk and attack speed increase. THAT is the reason.

Stats (without bless/agi and gloria, both are recommended):
crit: 110 str, 120 agi, 30ish vit, 60 luk
icepick: 110 str, 120 agi, 60 dex, 40ish vit.

Katar crit: similar to dagger crit, but I have never played this one...sorry, if anyone got experience with it, feel free to post here.

Soul Destroyer: almost extinct. It is good for PvP 1on1 and hunting, but slower to level than katar agi sins and mediocre at WoE.

I am not gonna post exact stat/equip here, since most pople use this just for hunting. Just a few hints.
SD damage is made of two parts: one from int and one from atk. Int part is stronger, but does not take up element, it is always non-elemental (NOT neutral. This is different). Atk part takes element of your weapon in right hand.
Your main stat is int. dex 70-90 depending on your current level, and when you have spare points on 85+, use them in strength.
If you can, let some friendly smith make you set of VVS elemental haeddongums. Fire is most important in this case. In left hand, use haeddongum with two zipper bear cards. All other equip int, dex, or hitpoint oriented.
SD is not affected by masteries, don't waste points in them.

Katar semi-agi: my favorite. It has neither best damage nor amount of hitpoints, but has decent flee to avoid other assasins, enough hitpoints to survive precast long enough and is VERY versatile. Is able to deal with almost any situation, and kill almost everyone except most paladins (this ends with killing everyone else and leaving him to be killed by your guildmates). There are ways to kill even them...if they are stupid or it is non-potting PvP. But takes a lot of time.

equip:
armor: thief clothes, ED and marc for switching
garment: wool scarf with aliot, in case you can't get it use kavach icarus instead
shoes: tidal shoes, matyr card
accessories: 2x ring with mantis cards. horong for switching.
headgears: ulle, vanberk card. ears.
weapons: Infiltrator with Skeleton worker card, Bloody Roar and +10 jur with desert wolf and two skel workers are good to have too.
More stuff for switching: +8-+9 double bloody boned mes and thara carded Valkyrie shield, for defensive meteor assault. Raydric and f. beret are also good if facing sacri pally.

Stats: 120 str, 80 agi, 60 dex, 60ish vit

I am gonna post some tactic guide later...

Part three: leveling

I'll start when you just changed to thief. Look around, if you can get platinum skills and if there's healer, it's great. Just collect about 100 stones and go lighthalzen field 1. Use stone throwing to kill metalings to get some levels fast. Once you dare (around level 30), start killing them with melee and continue till joblevel 40 when you are ready to change to assassin. If you can't start with stones right away, payon cave is good until you are ready for metalings. Oh, and stats: start with agi, str and dex. As you level up, put every level or two point in dex till you reach 40. Get 20 str for beginning, focus on getting 40 agi, then 40 str, 60 agi, and str ever since. Skills: Dodge and doble attack 10, steal 5, hiding 10, emvenom 3 and detox.

Now you are assassin. Get a few joblevels on metalings to get full katar mastery and sonic blow. Then, toy factory lvl 2. It's your new home now :). Buy jamadhar from npc (or if you get any other katar from kind players...), and go slaughtering myst cases. don't stop till level 75, or 80 if you don't get myst case card.

Now, it's time to get pantie and undershirt (one of each). Either buy, or get alot of flywings and some sp stuff and go to sphinx. Zeroms on F1 and F2 will give you pantie, Pasanas at F4 and F5 will provide undershirt. These are too strong, so use grimtooth to kill (that is where you need sp stuff and stun arrow).

It is good to have merchant for overcharge at this point.

And now, you're moving again. To Rachel Sanctuary, floor one. This place is all about BIG mobs. Hodremlins will be making problems though, they are demons and see you in hide. I always gather all six of them behind me, cloak and lead them either to very top or bottom (warp to next floors) of map. You will be missing alot at the beginning, so you need that stun and big mob. You will stay at this place till 99. You need 40+ base dex, 70-90 agi and 80-90 str here. Skills you need are cloaking, katar mastery and grimtooth. Note that local mobs are dropping quite valuable items (prices approximate prices without overcharge:white mask 500z, bloody rune 1000z. those are 100% (or almost 100 at 1ish drop rate)). Also, Isillas drop ring (nonslotted) by very low chance, so don't sell accessories without identifying.

If you can't get access to rachel sanctuary because your server didn't made enough donations to open the enterance quest (see any good RO database for details about quest), the place to level is Juperos F1. Flywing around, find some bigger mob, cloak, find a place where they can see you but you have a few empty cells around you, uncloak and hide (don't go to hide from cloak. You need mobs to see you for a tiny while). Note that you need higher dex here, at least 60ish.

Now, you are ready to rebirth....go ahead.

High thief is similar to normal, with one exception. You need joblevel 47! to max out emvenom. Needed for EDP. On 60ish levels, you can try leaf cats instead of metalings.If you are going no agi build and you have no reseter available, you can stop reading now, since this guide will be useless for you from this point.

So, now you are Assassin Cross. Congratulations...get some job levels to get cloaking 3, enchant poison 6 and soul destroyer 10, and base level 70. Now, you are ready to your first reset. Get 70 dex, rest int and use some money you have from rachel sanctuary to get basic SD equip. Next approx 10-15 levels, you should hunt some things...

First stop, hugel field 5 (the one with enterance to abyss cave). Green Iguanas and Anopheles are your target because of their cards. Keep leaflets and aloevera from iguanas, you or your guildmates will definitely use them. Side note, you may need fire katar or fire sword here to oneshot iguanas.

If you get both cards before you are ready for rachel/juperos, go hunt infiltrators from nightmares.

When you are ready, just go leveling to rachel/jupe again. Note that Vanberks in rachel don't give so much jobexp, so you might later need to go to rachel F2 on Isillas.

When you reach 90ish levels, you are quite ready to hunt anything you need.

Part four: Active skill overview

Only some active skills, masteries are kinda obvious. I am skipping some skills I haven't used.

Sonic Blow: Most frequently used skill, EDPed deals at WoE about 10-11k with +x boned infi to full reduction geared, about 40 def char. With link, you will be able to one-shot almost all chars except the good swordsman classes. Without the link, it is mostly finisher, knocking out your damaged foe. Learn when to use and when not to use...it should be the last blow you deal to enemy.
Grimtooth: ah, my friend. Various status arrows allow you to play with enemy...it is also very damaging with decent agi. Use mostly to soften up enemy, give him a few statuses...curse is one of my favs.
Soul Destroyer: mostly leveling skill, deals about 6k-8k damage in right build. Elements can increase it on 12k. It can also be used in nopot PvP, if you don't wanna use up EDP. But its overall dps sucks, so against potting chars it is of little use. Unless...if you are teamed with bard. Bragi can make this otherwise crappy skill into deadly damagedealer.
Venom dust: Interesting, underestimated. Used most often as part of precast because it is AoE, but also works kinda similar to swordie's Provoke check, to know if enemy is wearing ED. If he gets poisoned, he is not wearing it. Poison itself is also underestimated, since few people know it actually reduces def. Make use of it.
Emvenom, enchant poison. Good for poisoning enemy, if you ran a check on ED.
Meteor Assault: also deadly in right hands, works extremely well on groups of low hitpoint enemies, like several wizards setting up precast. Also good if you want to damage paladins without harming yourself with reflect. It is not affected by EDP. If you are just a little smart, you will see when situation asks for it. It is good to switch for thara and damaging dagger for it.
Throw stone: If you are facing a situation against low vit enemy when you can't hide (like snipers), this is a way to stun them.  Unusable against enemies with 50+ vit. Good to use from point blank range, you won't have to walk far to land a finishing SB, and low vit chars are ranged anyway.
Throw venom knife: similar to throw stone, just poison instead of stun. Almost no damaging power. Good against high vit chars tho to poison them.

Part 5: Tactical hints: this part kinda covers mostly my agish katar build, since I have little to no personal experience with others. Some parts, mostly about general SinX usage, are applicable to other build too.

WoE: Generally speaking, you are a hunter. Assasinating key members of enemy teams is your priority, seconded by empbreaking. Be very careful when approaching groups, you should avoid heavy damage by any means nescessary, not tank it. You need to be able to evaluate enemy force, and strike down the right players to cripple enemy team as fast as possible. So, your targets are: wizards, creators, snipers, profs. Priests are usually too tough to be disposed of quickly. Don't even think of melee classes if you are alone. Clowns and gypsies are also often too tough. Thief classes stay hidden, so step lightly. Pay great attention to approaching angle, emerging from cloak right at the same tile as other enemy char can result in confusion in targetting, letting you escape unharmed. stay away from sacri pallies, LKs and WS, if they're good they will hit you hard. If you run at such party, don't attack at once. Evaluate, then get out of their sight, EDP and go for a kill. Don't let them know you are there till you score a kill.
As a part of attacking team, you are main tactical weapon.  Don't go first into precast, slip in as enemy is busy with your tanks. SinX have unparalelled melee power, find the key characters of precast and take them out. If you get trapped in precast, try to stay hidden until trap wears off. Alternatively, if you are persistently dectected by snipers, use your long range skills to harass the precast. Your alternative purpose as attacker is to break emp, if you got the chance. In that case...wear ED, to prevent aspersio. Once asp fails, next thing enemy priest will do is TU. Quickly switch to Marc and back to ED when TU fails. Before enemy realizes that he should agi down you, the emp should be very weakened. If moving to preemp, stay cloaked and scout around, alternatively backstab any other sin that attempts to harass your team.
In open battles, it is even easier to sneak up on enemy and take down few memebers of back row, then disappear just to strike again in a moment.
Defense...you will either hunt down lone characters or small groups that died while moving to preemp, and preventing them from rejoining team, or you will stay with precasting team, hidden and GTing. Never forget your status arrows, they work even through pneuma. If your precast starts to break down, time to EDP and go for a hunt.

Now 1 on 1 tips:
LK: GT for the win. EDP grim with curse arrow to slow him down, and don't let him close. If not at WoE backslide, if it is then speedpot away. SB is useful only if you are confident it will take him down. DON'T ever do it if he is 2H type, better slower but certain death by GT than 50% chance you have against parry.
Pally: Tough can here. You need curse and poison him, then switch to dagger and shield, full antisacri reductions, and blast him away with meteor assault spam. Sacrifice will actually help you there since with reductions, it will drain his HP more than yours. Don't try melee, reflect and auto guard will make you just look dumb and dead. At WoE, if you invest in dagger with status cards including metaling and accessory with wikebine, take this and strip him a bit. Then finish with MA.
WS: similar to LK, grim him up and finish off with sonic.
Creator: stealth is your friend. Avoid his homun and sneak to point blank range before starting with GT, as detected finish off with SB.
This applies to priests, clowns and gypsies too...well, most classes are killable by this.
Snipers: trapper>previous tactics, DS spammer>enhance with few stones up on enemy head before SB lands.
Champs: Troublesome at WoE. You have to lure him to you, so Ruwach hits you when you are at very edge of its range. If you are confident that you can hide-dodge his asura, do so and SB him in the back. But most frequently, you won't be able to do it. So you have to be at least 5 cells away as he targets asura at you, hide BEFORE he starts its cast...he will recast Ruwach, but at that point you are very close to him...now just be faster with SB than he is with Asura. Softening him up with GT is prefered.
Thief classes: this is kinda "who goes out first is dead".

I am aware that lots of more experienced people will say something like "obvious" for most of my tips. But this is mostly aimed for newbs.

THE END...for now

5.1.2009 edited, added parts 4 and 5, fixed a few typos and added some additional equip for switching to some builds...and one explanation.

I hope you will like this guide. Feel free to post comments and additional hints here.

blackgh05t

Not too bad of a guide. Thanks for posting. :]
eos
Est. 2008

Infection

Wow, you're an idiot...

DD Crit on lowrate is the worst.. As if it doesn't consume enough stats on highrate..

Lmfao, did you just say to slot a paper card inside of an icepick..? Crit already does max damage, so that would just nullify it's effect. Oh, and congrants on having to go get another slotted icepcik.. Because you just wasted yours. (:

The leveling guide was probaly the best part of this guide.
sup.

Sarin

DD builds are noted here just because they are possible...they are best empbreakers tho, but fail at killing against groups...

As for icepick+paper. It is because of aspd increase, and the whole combo bonuses. I'd prefer Doppel card there, but this is lowrate guide so possiblity of getting it is...almost 0.

And I've seen some decent crit builds on lowrate too...

(btw, about icepick and crit...not sure what did you mean, crit is attack against 0 def, so in fact there will be no increase of damage from icepick...crit rate with this build is low tho)

Adam

Nice guide for newcomers, I never knew about that grimtooth glitch =]

blackgh05t

If you want a crit build, why not go katar? x2 Crit rate.

And crit takes priority over double attack so its useless to use daggers for crit.
eos
Est. 2008

Sarin

wonder where you got all that "katars double crit" stuff? I tested it and it is not true.

And the advantage of DD over katars is more slots...

Infection

Quote from: Sarin on May 15, 2008, 01:07 PM
DD builds are noted here just because they are possible...they are best empbreakers tho, but fail at killing against groups...

As for icepick+paper. It is because of aspd increase, and the whole combo bonuses. I'd prefer Doppel card there, but this is lowrate guide so possiblity of getting it is...almost 0.

(btw, about icepick and crit...not sure what did you mean, crit is attack against 0 def, so in fact there will be no increase of damage from icepick...crit rate with this build is low tho)
Paper doesn't add aspd. lern2read. Paper is 20% more damage with Critical. And Katar is x2 the critrate.. Thus making katars the best breakers. Katars are much faster, and hit more frequently.. Go back to highrate, please. ^^
sup.

blackgh05t

Quote from: Infection on May 15, 2008, 11:51 PM

Paper doesn't add aspd. lern2read. Paper is 20% more damage with Critical. And Katar is x2 the critrate.. Thus making katars the best breakers. Katars are much faster, and hit more frequently.. Go back to highrate, please. ^^

Katars may be better than daggers for crit, but daggers have a much better break time without having to be fully stat'd for breaking. With the recent addition of Desert Wind[4] and Desert Twilight[2], daggers become even better to break with.
eos
Est. 2008

Sarin

Tested. They do not. Maybe they did sometimes in the past, and you're outdated, or maybe you just got confused by their dual attack. They are faster, but DD hit much harder. But, I doubt we will solve this by talking. If you know about server where we can get both equip sets very quickly, but is 99/70, we should do some testing.

And it's you who should learn to read. Paper itself does not increase aspd, but it is part of thief card combo. And whole combo DOES increase aspd, among other things.

Btw, I play low to medium rates.

Infection

Quote from: Sarin on May 16, 2008, 02:06 PM

Tested. They do not. Maybe they did sometimes in the past, and you're outdated, or maybe you just got confused by their dual attack. They are faster, but DD hit much harder. But, I doubt we will solve this by talking. If you know about server where we can get both equip sets very quickly, but is 99/70, we should do some testing.

And it's you who should learn to read. Paper itself does not increase aspd, but it is part of thief card combo. And whole combo DOES increase aspd, among other things.

Btw, I play low to medium rates.
Ice Pick is only decent for Soul Breaker, ASPD INCREZES DA FASTER I KAST SOULBRAYK^^^^^^. Honestly, learn how to play.. You tested terribly. Katar is, and always will have 2x the amount of crit.

You obviously know nothing about SinX. ^^;.
sup.

blackgh05t

^So you're saying Ice Pick isn't that good for breaking emp (equip wise without desert wind / twilight) ?
eos
Est. 2008

Sarin

Quote from: Infection on May 17, 2008, 04:09 AM
Ice Pick is only decent for Soul Breaker, ASPD INCREZES DA FASTER I KAST SOULBRAYK^^^^^^. Honestly, learn how to play.. You tested terribly. Katar is, and always will have 2x the amount of crit.

You obviously know nothing about SinX. ^^;.

Obviously, your info is outdated. SD is calculated only from ATK for some time now. I know it was different some time after trans classes were relased, but was changed then...for the same reason masteries don't work for SD now.

And Icepick is actually great weapon for taking out high-def characters. Seen doing 12k doubleattacks at WoE with it.

And honestly, obviously all you do care about is b****. Either stop insulting or get the f*** outta here.

Infection

All I care about is b****? way2makesense. ^^;

Not your forum, sorry. ):. Pretty sure I don't have to leave, unless of course yC, or any of the other moderating team bans me. :0
sup.

Sarin

Really? Then stop insulting and try to help with your posts. Or better, if you want to have this solved, find a highratish 99/70 server where we can get equip to test quickly.