Opening your private server for public play.

Started by MWright967, Mar 02, 2008, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWright967

I've removed this guide.

Alezales

Erm, are we suppose to change the all the ip everytime the WAN ip changes?
Oh and btw i downloaded ur data folder but it doesn't have spritenametable or whatever it is called which allocates an item its sprite.(custom item) I remember theres a way to get a data folder from sdata or something?Help please thanks a lot.

MWright967

I'll look into it for you.

And, what do you mean change all of the IP's each time the WAN changes o.O?

Alezales

My WAN Ip changed today and my players cant connect so i needed to change the WAN in maps and char athena, re send my sclient, etc etc. So i was wondering if there is a way to automatically change the ip of my players so i do not need to resend the sclient?

Btw i used GRF tool to extract the data folder from sdata.grf as instructed/adviced by some threads in eAthena but i did not see any num2idresnametable.(supposed to be the sprite txt folders)

MWright967

Well, first of all, the only way to do this methinks is to use a patcher....But I'm anti-patcher for various reasons. However, why did your WAN change? Mine never changes o.O

Anyhow, what are you trying to do? Add custom items?

Pow

Quote from: Alezales on Mar 05, 2008, 10:03 AM
My WAN Ip changed today and my players cant connect so i needed to change the WAN in maps and char athena, re send my sclient, etc etc. So i was wondering if there is a way to automatically change the ip of my players so i do not need to resend the sclient?

Btw i used GRF tool to extract the data folder from sdata.grf as instructed/adviced by some threads in eAthena but i did not see any num2idresnametable.(supposed to be the sprite txt folders)

There is several ways you can get around this. Most server owns with this problem use either :

DynDNS
or
No-IP

Which, via their windows service (Download required) automatically updates your WAN ip and turns it into a DNS. All you would have to do is replace your clients sclientinfo.xml and char / map_athena to the address and you will never have to update it again (Providing that you keep the service running)

-Pow.
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

Alezales

Okay i will look into the no-ip program soon enough thanks for the help.

As for the sprite, i've managed to suck out the idnum2resnametable and etc wif grt tool but their in korean, i wonder if i can just add my description in english and expect it to work out?

Edit: Put everything else on hold, i have a greater problem.I get error with monsters in Abbey dungeons...how come?
GRF files are set this way with paths correctly done.KRO n SAK are new as well.

//-----------------------------------------
// GRF List
//-----------------------------------------

grf: C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\data.grf    <--- Delete this entire line.
grf: C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\sdata.grf  <--- Change this to the path to your sdata.grf file which is in your main RO folder.

// You may add more in this format
// grf: <data file path>

//------ Others ---------------------------

//Path to directory that contains the data dir
//NOTE: Path must include trailing backslash, only one data_dir entry is supported.
//data_dir: C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\   <--- Delete the "//" and change the path to your main RO folder's path.

MWright967

This is most likely because you have a version of Sak/Rag that is higher than your SVN. Therefore, they don't match up totally correctly. Normally this is not a problem. However, I THINK it may have something to do with the fact you added that sdata path. My server does not use an sdata file.

Alezales

No actually i created that path because i have already received an error originally with that grf files so i changed it hoping to fix it but obviously it did not.

So should i download a new SVN version of the server to fix that?

MWright967

Hmm. Well, if you notice on the VER7 SVN packet link I gave you, it says on the page ''Only use VER8 if your computer can handle it''. People were having issues with version 8, it wasn't letting them connect. So.....You may try VER6? Perhaps VER9 (I think they have it)?

Artariko

Dude....>.>.....When i entered my LAN IP in the address it doesnt go to a page with Username or password it gos to my router information >.>....nothing about ports either! D=
The rich wage war, but its the poor who die.

MWright967

'Dude' you already asked me this about 20 times.....No one else is having this problem....Figure it out yourself. Perhaps your browser uses a different interface, in which case you need to contact your ISP or perhaps the company that manufacturers it.

Artariko

Well....since u couldnt help me i thought soeone else could >.>....ohh! and i only asked u like 3 or 5 times -.-....
The rich wage war, but its the poor who die.

Alezales

A slight question, how do you alter the prices of the items sold from this npc script format

airplane,59,36,5   shop   2-2 Class Shop   86,678:-1,7136:-1,7135:-1,522:-1,526:-1,7139:-1,717:-1,716:-1,715:-1,656:-1,657:-1,1901:-1,1903:-1,1905:-1,1909:-1,1911:-1,1907:-1,1550:-1,1551:-1,1552:-1,1553:-1,1554:-1,1555:-1,1556:-1,1557:-1,1558:-1,2341:-1,2343:-1

By the way the i've figured out how to allocate a sprite to the item.