Opening your private server for public play.

Started by MWright967, Mar 02, 2008, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pow

Quote from: Alezales on Mar 08, 2008, 06:19 AM
A slight question, how do you alter the prices of the items sold from this npc script format

airplane,59,36,5   shop   2-2 Class Shop   86,678:-1,7136:-1,7135:-1,522:-1,526:-1,7139:-1,717:-1,716:-1,715:-1,656:-1,657:-1,1901:-1,1903:-1,1905:-1,1909:-1,1911:-1,1907:-1,1550:-1,1551:-1,1552:-1,1553:-1,1554:-1,1555:-1,1556:-1,1557:-1,1558:-1,2341:-1,2343:-1

By the way the i've figured out how to allocate a sprite to the item.

By changing the "-1" to what ever price you want it to be.

-1 denotes Standard Price as listed in the item_db.
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

MWright967

Quote from: Pow on Mar 08, 2008, 08:38 AM
Quote from: Alezales on Mar 08, 2008, 06:19 AM
A slight question, how do you alter the prices of the items sold from this npc script format

airplane,59,36,5   shop   2-2 Class Shop   86,678:-1,7136:-1,7135:-1,522:-1,526:-1,7139:-1,717:-1,716:-1,715:-1,656:-1,657:-1,1901:-1,1903:-1,1905:-1,1909:-1,1911:-1,1907:-1,1550:-1,1551:-1,1552:-1,1553:-1,1554:-1,1555:-1,1556:-1,1557:-1,1558:-1,2341:-1,2343:-1

By the way the i've figured out how to allocate a sprite to the item.

By changing the "-1" to what ever price you want it to be.

-1 denotes Standard Price as listed in the item_db.

Thanks Pow. I actually didn't know that  ;)

Alezales

New problem again (sorry for all the trouble caused, i decided not to ask minor problems here but rather the major ones)

My server is abit too advanced, as in when i go to the Slot enchant npc, the one which creates slot in weapons, the new options are already being shown (swordbreaker, mailbreaker, and the weapons only available in the satan morroc saga of kro) which is a good thing but also a bad one, reason being there isnt any sprite allocated to the new stuffs and therefore causing sprite errors.Somehow my server isn't taking the sprite from my kro, thats what i thought, because i purposely changed the grf dath in the conf to one that doesnt exist(grf:blah/blah/blah) but my server still runs all the sprites correctly.

This is vexing i know but i hope to get some help.

MWright967

Hmmm...You know, honestly, I think if you tried this stuff without extracting the sdata and such, you may not have this problem. I think it isn't correctly matching up with your kRO clients. Try these kRO links, they may be better than your current ones:

http://games.internode.on.net/filelist.php?filedetails=8118

http://games.internode.on.net/filelist.php?filedetails=10350

These are the kRO and kRO-sakray files that I use for my own server. Enjoy :*)

Alezales

So should i redirect the path or something once i have that kro/sak link you gave me? Or at least do something so my server doesn't have the errors?

MWright967

The thing is, try without making a path for the sdata at all. If that doesn't work, you have to make the path C: Program Files\Gravity\RO\sdata.grf. The sdata must be in your RO folder, and the path must lead to wherever the sdata is in the conf file. Like I said, try redoing everything and DON'T use the sdata this time.

Alezales

Alright, using the your rag.exe + kro i can now have the sprite for swordbreaker and stuffs(although satan morroc gives a sprite error, it is not an issue since the dungeon is not out yet). But i still have problems in St Abbey dungeons, the Warp agent supposedly doesn't have the warp to that dungeon, as well as thor dungeon(although i can warp there and the monster sprites are perfectly fine).As for StAbbey, any monster from that dungeon will give me an error although the items they drop doesn't seem so.(i've only tried wool scarf and tidal shoes which have no apparent errors)

Btw i haven't changed my server version its still 7 right now as i do not wish to change to a new one but still fail to fix those things.But i think i might give it try.
Edit: Tried it again the login is the problem.

Another edit: i found out the problem. I tried another rag.exe one from another RO server and it worked out fine @_@. Though i do get errors in the cloth colour and aura template(probably because i just used their rag.exe and didn't patch it). Do you have a better rag.exe or could you link me to a thread that teaches me how to create a rag.exe?

Pow

Quote from: Alezales on Mar 11, 2008, 02:11 AM
Alright, using the your rag.exe + kro i can now have the sprite for swordbreaker and stuffs(although satan morroc gives a sprite error, it is not an issue since the dungeon is not out yet). But i still have problems in St Abbey dungeons, the Warp agent supposedly doesn't have the warp to that dungeon, as well as thor dungeon(although i can warp there and the monster sprites are perfectly fine).As for StAbbey, any monster from that dungeon will give me an error although the items they drop doesn't seem so.(i've only tried wool scarf and tidal shoes which have no apparent errors)

Btw i haven't changed my server version its still 7 right now as i do not wish to change to a new one but still fail to fix those things.But i think i might give it try.
Edit: Tried it again the login is the problem.

Another edit: i found out the problem. I tried another rag.exe one from another RO server and it worked out fine @_@. Though i do get errors in the cloth colour and aura template(probably because i just used their rag.exe and didn't patch it). Do you have a better rag.exe or could you link me to a thread that teaches me how to create a rag.exe?

Latest sak.exe and dif packages
eAthena Wiki page for hexing and how to apply difs
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

Alezales

I get a error patching when i try to open the sak.exe. I get a blank message plus an OK sign.  ???

I read threads at eAthena and they said to apply the "Disable 1rag1 & 1sak1" patch and try again but i still get that error msg.

MWright967

Quote from: Alezales on Mar 11, 2008, 05:40 AM
I get a error patching when i try to open the sak.exe. I get a blank message plus an OK sign.  ???

I read threads at eAthena and they said to apply the "Disable 1rag1 & 1sak1" patch and try again but i still get that error msg.

When you created your exe did you put enable DSN and extra palettes?

Alezales

Can you list out the exact name for it? I know i have enabled these:
Disable 1rag & 1sak
Allow DNS support
[XRay]Allow create custom palettes

I don't see anything else that fix your description.

Edit:So the problem comes from what i put in the data folder. What i probably need now is the most updated idnum2itemdisplaynametable,etc,etc because the words are gibberish.

I've downloaded a data folder from eAthena. Everything working fine...for now.

MWright967

Quote from: Alezales on Mar 11, 2008, 10:35 PM
Can you list out the exact name for it? I know i have enabled these:
Disable 1rag & 1sak
Allow DNS support
[XRay]Allow create custom palettes

I don't see anything else that fix your description.

Edit:So the problem comes from what i put in the data folder. What i probably need now is the most updated idnum2itemdisplaynametable,etc,etc because the words are gibberish.

I've downloaded a data folder from eAthena. Everything working fine...for now.

8)

recca25

HOW CAN I DO THE STEP 3 because when i type my ip adress it simply says site may not exist we are not using DSL MODEM

we use BRODBAND PLZ HELPppppp .. . . . .

muppy

When I try to log on to my server, I fail to connect, Why?  ???|

I follow the guides but it gives me a failed to connect.

I can play on the server off line with 127.0.0.1 but can other people play with me while I have 127.0.0.1 set up?

This Is what I did for Steps 6-7

I had to put in RagSer1, RagSer2 and, RagSer3 because RagServ1, RagServ2 and, RagServ3 wouldn't fit in

My IP Addresses are:
Lan IP Address:192.168.1.102

Wan IP:71.63.216.209

Subnet:255.255.255.0
Serve under the owl dukes.

Divinity RO

Level 99 Lord Knight - Muppy
Level 96 Whitesmith - Cookies and Cake
Level 68 Crusader    - Zitheras
Level 80 Monk         - Anacondaq

I'm trying to learn to make my own private server.

MWright967

Quote from: muppy on Mar 12, 2008, 09:34 AM
When I try to log on to my server, I fail to connect, Why?  ???|

I follow the guides but it gives me a failed to connect.

I can play on the server off line with 127.0.0.1 but can other people play with me while I have 127.0.0.1 set up?

This Is what I did for Steps 6-7

I had to put in RagSer1, RagSer2 and, RagSer3 because RagServ1, RagServ2 and, RagServ3 wouldn't fit in

My IP Addresses are:
Lan IP Address:192.168.1.102

Wan IP:71.63.216.209

Subnet:255.255.255.0

Try enabling DNS Information Transfer. Also- take down your firewall, see if that helps.

@Recca: This is a guide for people who have a DSL modem, and a router. I'm sorry, but if you don't possess these essential items, I have no way of helping you.