Guide to running a Guild

Started by lrellok, Sep 20, 2009, 01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrellok

This guide is for a server who is currently having problems with its forum board, please no counter productive commentary.

Lrelloks guide to Running a guild.  
This guide is NOT intended to help you START a guild.  It is for when you have your 30-50 members and now need something to do with them during non WOE time. 

Part 1  Collective harvesting

Glossary or terms  In order that everyone understand how to do this, I am including a glossary of the terms I will be using.

DPS / Damage Per Second - a class that attacks quickly with decent damage

(element) enchant – being buffed by one of the sages elemental weapon abilites (lasts 30 minutes), OR the ability to use this element naturally

(type) spec – a class with weapons specificly geared for this type of creature (IE medium spec means someone with skel soldier weapons)

[$]- a good area to send you guild member who continually pleads broke

[H]- you will need 50 – 100 white pots to finish this area

In total, you will need about 15-20 guild members with about 30-60 minutes to spend.  You will split them between the following locations, to retrieve the following items.  All of this then goes into guild storage.

Amatsu level 1 [H] [$]
Needed players Any medium spec DPS
What you want White herbs, panacea,

Ve_fild07 1 map south of Veins
Needed players Any DPS
What you want White herbs, Wind of venture, Venom Canine, Shining scale

Glastheim Church and Church yard [H]
Needed players  One priest and a DPS, or two paladins
What you want  White herbs, Fabric

Gonryun level 1 [H] [$]
Needed players Any DPS with fire enchant, or ranged fire and earth property
What you want  Butterflywings, Honey, Royal Jelly, solid peach, dead branch

Payon Dungeon 3
Needed players Any DPS
What you want Authoritative Badges

Clock Tower 1 [H] [$]
Needed players Any small Spec DPS
What you want Witched star sands

Ein_fild01 [H] [$] from yuno, south1, west 1, north 1
Needed players 1-2 small spec DPS
What you want Witched starsand

Yuno_fild06 [H] [$] from yuno, south 1, east 1, north 1
Needed players 1–2 very experienced DPS
What you want Empty bottles, blue herbs, Witched star sands, great nature

Ein_fild06 [H] From Yuno, 2 south
Needed players Any medium spec DPS
What you want Blue Herbs, empty bottles

Biolab level 1 [H]
Needed players 1-2 Experienced medium spec DPS
What you want Karvodailnirol, Empty Bottles

Pront_fild00 to Mijolnir_07
Needed players Any ranged DPS
What you want Poison spore, Mushroom Spore, Bee stings, zargon, blue herb, Karvodailnirol, Wind of venture, honey

Pyramid level 3
Needed players Any DPS or preist
What you want Panacea, White herbs, Immortal Hearts

Yuno_fild08 Outside Kiel Dungeon
Needed players Any water enchanted DPS
What you want Wind of Venture, Orange, Mastela Fruit

Presuming you get all the fields, and full sweep them (kill everything on them at least once), you should end up with the following list

Item                         (once only)       [1/day, 5 days]       {2/day, five days}     

`White Herbs ---------------(300)---------------[1500]-----------------{3000}
`Blue Herbs ----------------(100)----------------[500]------------------{1000}
`Royal Jelly ---------------- (60)-----------------[300]------------------{600}
`Honey  ---------------------(100)----------------[500]------------------{1000}
`panacea --------------------(110)---------------[550]------------------{1100}
`authoritative badges ------(70)----------------[350]------------------{700}
`Empty Bottles ------------(200)----------------[1000]-----------------{2000}
`Witched Star Sand -------(200)----------------[1000]-----------------{2000}
`Immortal Hearts ----------(20)-----------------[100]-------------------{200}
`Fabric ----------------------(45)-----------------[225]-------------------{450}
`Mushroom spore ----------(60)-----------------[300]-------------------{600}
`Poison Spore --------------(60)-----------------[300]-------------------{600}
`Venom canine -------------(70)-----------------[350]-------------------{700}
`bee stings -----------------(70)-----------------[350]--------------------{700}
`Karvodailnirol -------------(25)-----------------[125]--------------------{250}
`Great Nature --------------(70)-----------------[350]--------------------{700}
`Wind of venture ----------(80)-----------------[400]--------------------{800}
`Orange ---------------------(80)-----------------[400]--------------------{800}
`Mastela Fruit --------------(60)-----------------[300]--------------------{600}

NOTE, because the intention of this was to split the guild up and each take a dungeon separately, GEFFENIA IS INTENTIONALLY NOT HERE.  I severely doubt that 1-3 players could effectively farm geffenia.  This is not to say that it is unnecessary, far from it.  I would STRONGLY recommend that any farming event be ended by a geffenia run, for cursed water.  
The most dangerous thing a GM can do is to play NPC combatants as if they have brains, goals, and the desire to remain alive.
-Abulafia from WOTC boards

I have not failed, I have simply found 10,000 ways that don't work. -Thomas Edison

Triper

Why end it with a gefenia run for cursed waters when you can simply make them with empty bottles?
Wouldn't be better someone or the gl just get some time and do the quest to make them at the fountain? lol
Isn't really hard to farm some empty bottles and make some cursed waters that will be used for weeks at the guild.
I make 2k last time, maybe 4 months ago, and I still have 1k of them and I give a lot to guildies since I'm not the main emp breaker, just a can break too if needed since I use a WS at woe and there is aspd.

GorthexTiger

Quote from: Triper on Oct 01, 2009, 09:44 PM
Why end it with a gefenia run for cursed waters when you can simply make them with empty bottles?
Wouldn't be better someone or the gl just get some time and do the quest to make them at the fountain? lol
Isn't really hard to farm some empty bottles and make some cursed waters that will be used for weeks at the guild.
I make 2k last time, maybe 4 months ago, and I still have 1k of them and I give a lot to guildies since I'm not the main emp breaker, just a can break too if needed since I use a WS at woe and there is aspd.

What fountain and quest are you talking about? You got me intrigued.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Omi

The cursed water fountain as part of the sign quest (It's roughly the 46th step) and after you do that part of the quest, you are able to bring empty bottles to fill them with cursed water.

boyton

Very nicely Written Guide. :D... although, How can you get said members to participate? :P sry for the newb lyke question.. which im sure the answer would be get the loyal ones. But lets say, that you don't have any " Loyal " members? :P But then, You'd probably say, pay them... so nvm that question :D xD... Very nice guide again :P... xD

Orange

Quote from: boyton on Oct 02, 2009, 08:11 PM
Very nicely Written Guide. :D... although, How can you get said members to participate? :P sry for the newb lyke question.. which im sure the answer would be get the loyal ones. But lets say, that you don't have any " Loyal " members? :P But then, You'd probably say, pay them... so nvm that question :D xD... Very nice guide again :P... xD

Depending on your server, just look for people to fill any gaps and go out hunting with a regular party, then split the loot. If they're guildless ask them to join up to : D
:3

blast

Tom~

Really nice guide.
Everyone wanted to participate. I really enjoyed this. Thanks.

Tom~

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.