[Tut]RO-Professional Guild Emblem Making(Paint)

Started by Xyn~, Mar 14, 2008, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyn~

Xyn~'s Guide To Making Pro Quality RO Guild Emblems In Paint

Introduction:
This guide is meant for anyone and everyone who is curious or wants to learn about how to create good emblems for their/someone else’s guild. This is NOT a place for you to leech pictures/claim anything as your own. This guide was made by me; and all credits go to me. If you repost on a site; please, don’t claim it as your own. That’s all I ask.

Step One:
Okay, most of you at this point have already got your “Emblem” folder in your base Ragnarok directory, right? If you do go ahead and proceed to the next step. If not, read ahead.

The first thing you need to do is go into your base folder (ex. C:/Program Files/Gravity/RO). It is the place where your Ragnarok files/Sakray files are; and also all of your patchers, etc. What you need to do is create a new folder. Right click -> New -> Folder (if you don’t know how). Make sure you name it “Emblem” without the quotes. If you think you already have one in your folder, make sure it is not called “tmp_emblem” because that is NOT the folder you need to create emblems. You must make a completely new folder.

Step Two:
Open up paint (Start->Run->Paint->Enter)

What you need to do now is resize that little white square to 24x24.

How do you do this? - Just click one of the small blue squares and push it up diagonally until on the right bottom corner it says "24x24".

Once you’ve got this figured out, you will not need this step again.

Step Three:
Can’t make your own background? No worries; search http://images.google.com for the colors, logos, or anything else that you want. Keep in mind when doing this, if this is a huge photo, or atleast a big one, it is going to be hard to fit into 24x24 pixels, so don’t use it. I recommend you search in the “Small Images” category. This makes for a much easier time when resizing, copy/pasting it into your 24x24.

If you can make your own backgrounds, you probably don't need any advice on getting backgrounds.

Now what? â€" You’ve got you’re picture picked out, what do you do now?

Open up another window with paint (Start->Run->Paint->Enter). Copy the image you want to make part of your emblem [ctrl+c] or you can right click and select copy. Next go to your second paint window, NOT THE 24x24 ONE! And paste your picture into it. [ctrl+v â€" or right click and select paste].  It’s almost over! Don’t give up.

Step Four:
So you’ve got you’re pretty little picture in one paint window, and your emblem outline in the other. Now how do you get your picture in your emblem? Look at the paint toolbar. You will see a rectangle box with hyphenated lines. You need to click on this and then click on your image, the part you want to make the emblem out of, and drag it until at the bottom right corner it says 24x24.

Got it selected? Great! Now press alt+x (cuts the image) or alt+c (copys it) then go back to your original 24x24 paint window.

Press alt+v in it and the image should appear without delay.

Also, if your picture is small enough, say for example 50x50 or 48x48, you can resize it. When in your paint window, press ctrl+w. Enter the desired resize ratio. This is not the size you want it to be, this is the % you want it to shrink, so take that into consideration.

You've got the hard part done!

Step Five:
Adding Text, Borders!

(You might want to use zoom)

This part is easy.

First, I am going to tell you how to add a border. First you need to click the color of border you want (if you want one). Next you need to click the rectangle (not the hyphenated one, the one with the solid lines), and last but not least, click the edge of your image and drag it until you have a border.

Now, we will go over how to add text to your emblem. Just like the border, you need to first select the text color that you want. Then you need to click the “pencil” option on your paint toolbar. (That’s the pencil for you smart ones out there). And last, you just need to draw out the letters that you want. It’s that simple. Also, you might want to note that you cannot use fonts on guild emblems. The pixel requirement is simply to small.

“Okay, I’ve got my text and my border, but how do you make your emblem transparent?” â€" I’m going to tell you in the simplest way possible. All you have to do is, on your color tool bar click a color that you don’t use, then click the colors tab at the top of your paint program, and then click edit colors. The transparent color is the second from the top on the far right side. Click ok, and you now have a transparent color! [If you need the specifics on the transparent part â€" Red=255, Green=0, Blue=255]

Now all you have to do, after adding all the text, transparency, & borders you want, is click Save As... and enter the desired name for your emblem that you want, and don’t forget to change the file type to 24-bit bitmap!

Also, you might want to save in that handy little emblem folder we made earlier.

You are now a qualified expert on emblem making. Making great emblems takes time and practice, so don’t get discouraged if you can’t do it the first time. It took me quite a while to get the hang of things!

If you have any questions, or simply want me to help you with an emblem, you can add me to MSN. Also, do not E-Mail this address, it’s not for e-mail, its only for MSN, so you won’t get a response. [ [email protected] ]

Have fun,
And… Good Luck!

Here are some examples of what you can accomplish(Probably Not My Best Work, But Good Examples):

<3

MWright967

Superb guide. Very nicely done. Glad to see someone else other than myself actually posting a guide worth a damn in this section ;) Definitely qualifies for sticky'ing.

Xyn~

Thanks MWright! I really appreciate that.

Screenshots upon request. Let me know [=
<3

Zone

I used GIMP/Paint on one, but I lost it when my file system went Pow...
Good guide though, just try to clean it up a bit, organization :D

Valiance

Thanks for the guilde ^_^. Great job on this

Xyn~

Yeah, I'm gonna clean it up, I just haven't had any time lately.

School ];

I'm gonna add pictures too.~
<3

Sougen

Quote from: Xyn~ on Mar 14, 2008, 11:46 PM
Step Two:
Open up paint (Start->Run->Paint->Enter)

What you need to do now is resize that little white square to 24x24.

How do you do this? - Just click one of the small blue squares and push it up diagonally until on the right bottom corner it says "24x24".

Once you’ve got this figured out, you will not need this step again.

Or just press Ctrl+E and set width and height to 24 pixels ^__^ easier and faster

Xyn~

<3

shoofu

I have a question. When i make an emblem and put it as my guild logo i try to make it transparent but when its on RO it has like a pink outline o.o; how i fix that?

pintakasi

your not a fool, aren't you?