Creative Editing: Most Valuable Player (MVP)

Started by bleu, Mar 31, 2009, 02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleu

I will attempt to change the sprite of Mistress MVP to be displayed as Detale MVP instead.

Benefits:
-   Bigger MVP sprite means easier to use single target attack (e.g.: Asura). Less likely to mis-click and accidentally attacked the slave instead
-   Detale MVP also comes with lots of sound effects in various state: Idle, Standby, Chasing, etc... making it easier to locate the MVP. Even though, you may not be in visual range of the MVP; the loud noise that it continuously emits could be heard beyond the immediate screen.

1. Download and install the necessary programs below.

a. GrfBuilder (to extract data)
b. ROUnicode (convert Korean language to Unicode format)
c. Free RAR Extract Frog (to unpack .rar files)
d. Java SE Runtime Environment (to run .jar files; i.e. ROUnicode)

Download GRFBuilder and ROUnicode (For this purpose SPR_Conview is not necessary)
Download Free RAR Extract Frog
Download Java SE Runtime Environment

2. Using GrfBuilder, Open sdata.grf (C:\Program Files\Ragray\sdata.grf)

3. Extract All the data to a temporary folder. (C:\MyTemporary).  

4. Run ROUnicode and convert data from Korean language to Cp1252.

* If you do not see Korean characters, then you will require some setup to be able to display the characters. For Windows Vista (it should already support Korean language by default). For Windows XP, check this. For other platforms, check this.

Before conversion (i.e. still in Korean language)

After conversion (i.e. in Cp1252/Unicode)

5. IMPORTANT: Make sure that the data folder is in the same directory as your RO
Create the following folders:
C:\Program Files\Ragray\data\sprite\¸ó½ºÅÍ

6. Under C:\MyTemporary \data\sprite\¸ó½ºÅÍ is where all monster SPR and ACT files can be found. Find the files detale.spr and detale.act.

7. Copy both the files detale.spr and detale.act and then paste them in  C:\Program Files\Ragray\data\sprite\¸ó½ºÅ͍

8. IMPORTANT
Rename detale.spr and detale.act to mistress.spr and mistress.act respectively.

9.  FINITO! Just load RagnarokOnline, and find the Mistress MVP. She will appear instead as a Detale MVP on your screen only. (Other players will continue to see her as Mistress MVP aka a small bee). The sound effects and animation will follow Detale MVP, but the Mistress MVP skill, experience, HP, Stats, etc  will remain unchanged.

10. You could also change the slaves of Dark Lord (which looks almost similar but are known as Dark Illusions) into a less obvious monster- say a Picky.

TROUBLESHOOTING
Click here

DISCLAIMER:
Please check with your server if you are allowed to edit the client side. Some servers prohibit that.

xD the dark lord + pickies made me laugh x3

anyway thanks a ton for all the guides ^^
im sure people find them extra handy~

ChemicalW

Relics

This might be off/ontopic..

but as for a 'creative edit' would it be able to edit the sound of cloaked walking to the sound of an ant?

for example, Sinx eremes in bio3 cloaks and walks towards you, his footsteps are the sound of an ant.

or

in PvP, somebody cloaks and walks into my screen, I hear the sound of an ant and put up a safety wall.

bleu

Quote from: Relics on Apr 18, 2009, 07:36 AM
This might be off/ontopic..
but as for a 'creative edit' would it be able to edit the sound of cloaked walking to the sound of an ant?

for example, Sinx eremes in bio3 cloaks and walks towards you, his footsteps are the sound of an ant.

or

in PvP, somebody cloaks and walks into my screen, I hear the sound of an ant and put up a safety wall.

"sound of an ant"? How does an ant sounds like? You mean like the sound effect made by Andre? Theoretically, I believe it's possible. The sound effect is controlled by the ACT file. You could edit the sound effect of Cloaking, which is None by default (don't think they make any sound), to say the rattling sound effects made by Andre.

The most sought after "Creative Edit", is what most would call the Maya Purple Hack. If you are able to identify the file for invisibility (which is just a blank hot pink image) and say change the color into something else - example: Black. So, instead of appearing "invisible", players/monsters cloaked or hidden will appear Black on your screen. The concept in theory is very similar to the creative edit which remove the visual effects of Blindness.

For illustration purpose only
[youtube=425,350]pa84SRA5rb4[/youtube]

SilverStream~

On very many servers though, this edit is banned.

The reason?  99% of the time the gm's will say "The card has a purpose, by doing this, you are making the card useless."

Also, this edit is not one that you can get away with.  People will notice the person who can see invisible's(cloaked players).
Most likely players will say it's a "hack", which it is in terms of you finding the file, modifying it and using it to "win" over other players.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Relics

Quote from: bleu on Apr 18, 2009, 08:44 AM
"sound of an ant"? How does an ant sounds like? You mean like the sound effect made by Andre? Theoretically, I believe it's possible. The sound effect is controlled by the ACT file. You could edit the sound effect of Cloaking, which is None by default (don't think they make any sound), to say the rattling sound effects made by Andre.

The most sought after "Creative Edit", is what most would call the Maya Purple Hack. If you are able to identify the file for invisibility (which is just a blank hot pink image) and say change the color into something else - example: Black. So, instead of appearing "invisible", players/monsters cloaked or hidden will appear Black on your screen. The concept in theory is very similar to the creative edit which remove the visual effects of Blindness.

Yeah I meant andre x_x..

and yeah, i knew about the maya purple edit.. but again it's illegal so i was wondering if sound could be an alternative.

horo

Conversely, how do I detect these as a server admin, including the sprite edit featured in the OP?

LiteX

Quote from: horo on Apr 25, 2009, 01:59 PM
Conversely, how do I detect these as a server admin, including the sprite edit featured in the OP?

You can't really detect it, unless you see a players hitting a small mob repeatedly with skills that is hiding between huge mobs, but it could be just player skill, other than that a player could send a screenie of him doing it, which I really doubt someone is stupid enough since doing this is like saying "BAN ME PLEASE!"
ライテ‐エクス

blueguisee

1 question where can I find the .spr of the Emperium in WOE?

bleu

Quote from: blueguisee on Jun 03, 2009, 08:12 AM
1 question where can I find the .spr of the Emperium in WOE?

A very good question. The direct method illustrated above will not allow you to edit the emperium. The emperium is not similar to other monsters in the game. It's a 3D image (data/model/3dmob/empelium90_0.gr2). Gravity uses a 3D program called Granny 3D SDK. Depending on what are your intentions, you may need to utilize a 3D editor program to edit the emperium.

blueguisee

I just want to make it bigger or change it to something easier to click.
In our server the emp is a little hard to click because of crowding.

If I may ask do you have any suggestions on what 3d editor I could use?
because I did a search and I think I found the object used for the emp its a .gr2 file
the only problem is I'm stuck with granny 3d which costs about $16k and I'm not willing to pay
that much just to modify an emp so If you have any suggestions it would really help alot

bleu

All 3D images are located in data/model/3dmob/, thus what I did was simply replace the file empelium90_0.gr2 with another 3D image file such as a Knight Guardian (kguardian90_7.gr2) or a Treasure Chest (treasurebox_2.gr2). Well it's hard to say that the emperium is BIGGER with a Knight Guardian 3D image but it's definitely taller.

However, a taller 3D image does not necessary mean you are able to target the upper portion of the Knight Guardian 3D image. (The sword icon does not appear even though I moved my cursor over the head of the Guardian) This implies the simple modification made above, does not change the actual size of the Emperium.

Although taller than an Emperium, a Guardian is "thinner" than an Emperium, thus visually occupying only one cell. An Emperium on the other hand, visually occupies 4 cells, thus "fatter". Now, with a "thinner" New Emperium, it's much easier to perform a controversial tactic known as standing inside the Emperium. Why? Remember... on your screen the New Emperium is only one cell, thus you can walk and stand on the other 3 cells. While on other player's screen, those 3 cells are still occupied by the Emperium, thus not that easy to stand on it. Notice my cursor, it indicates a Sword icon even though I am just pointing at the floor (one of the three otherwise cells occupied by the Emperium). Although you don't see the Emperium, it is there - it's size did not change- it's still fatter and of average height.

According to this thread on eA forum, you can convert a 3D model into a 2D model using Xray, the topic starter wanted to change the Emperium into a Poring. I suppose, you could use the same method to change the Emperium into a Satan Morroc sprite (which is bigger). Xray is a program used to modify or hex Gravity's client. Some private servers uses them to add custom sprites, palettes, effects, custom job class, etc...

Hexing client using Xray is beyond my expertise and I would like to re-emphasize that you should confirm with your server if you are allowed to do so. If for whatever reason you wish to pursue this further, you could try RUNE Enhancement Source- A guide to Xray client

blueguisee

Devil666

In The Step 4 (* If you do not see Korean characters, then you will require some setup to be able to display the characters. For Windows Vista (it should already support Korean language by default). For Windows XP, check this. For other platforms, check this.)
I am Using Windows XP and What I will do after I click the link given, and besides how If I dont know where does the Script File in my computer, If I dont have a Disc of my Computer

Help me plox I dont understand it.