Creative Editing: I Can See Clearly Now

Started by bleu, Mar 21, 2009, 05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleu

Some servers permit it while others don't or are silent on the matter. I know of at least two big servers which has this "Blind Effect Removal edit" included under the Guides section in their forums. Sure, there were some debate about it; but the GMs/Mods appeared to have allowed the edits. I even know servers which until recently permits Botting legally (not Homunculus AI or Mercenary AI; but actual OpenKore bots). So,it really depends on your server rules.

This edit is nothing revolutionary. I stumbled upon it by accident while perusing the forum of a big server. Further investigation led me to find several other similar guides in different languages - German, Spanish, French, Chinese and Japanese. The Japanese guide was most interesting because it dated back to 2006.

Descent

Quote from: Brainstorm on Apr 05, 2009, 09:48 AM
Just hope you all get banned for using this guy cheats.

Right, he's "cheating".

Please go back to my comment about "not everybody has a blazing fast comp and the effects can lag or lock up a Client", thank you.

Rockafella

Using this would be illegal on most servers.

horo

LiteX

Quote from: Rockafella on May 21, 2009, 12:27 AM
Using this would be illegal on most servers.

More like against the rules, and this is very difficult to find out if someone is doing that, only a fool would say "GM I VIOLATED RULE, PLZ DONT BAN MI!", aside from idiotic and honorful reasons, I see no use to say that to a GM/Admin, aside from that, the only way to get busted is by somehow having a GM of the server standing next to you while you playing, which is very doubtful it would happen
ライテ‐エクス

Loki

It doesn't affect much. As long as the effects are still there, you can pretty much find your way even if your view range is small.

Depends on server though, but I think most server prohibits this.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

LiteX

Quote from: Loki on May 22, 2009, 09:55 AM
It doesn't affect much. As long as the effects are still there, you can pretty much find your way even if your view range is small.

Depends on server though, but I think most server prohibits this.

Eh, Demon 10 is a f'ing annoying when it comes to vision blocking
ライテ‐エクス

Arasmus

Can you upload the files again?? (I tried creating them, but it gives a error "fullb.tga not found" though I have the file) :)

20x/20x/20x, 99/70 Max lvl Trans
Custom {Classes, Items, BGMs, Dungeon, City}

bleu

Quote from: Arasmus on Jul 05, 2009, 06:22 AM
Can you upload the files again?? (I tried creating them, but it gives a error "fullb.tga not found" though I have the file) :)

Are you able to download them from uploading.com? or do you encounter problem downloading blind.rar like yogiwizard?
Quote from: yogiwizard on Mar 28, 2009, 11:05 AM
By the way your uploading.com always show me as having exceeded my download limit for the day (even though I didn't download anything from it). Is there any other upload sites that you've uploaded this zip file into?

You have the white02.bmp file right. Duplicate it and rename it to fullb.tga (make sure there's no other extension at the back- for example: It should not be called fullb.tga.bmp - that's not correct)

Make sure you have the files in the correct directory. Might want to have a quick read ofTroubleshooting

Please submit some screeshots/printscreen either as a reply on this thread or PM (if you prefer privacy). Feel free to PM me if problems persist.

Arasmus

Quote from: bleu on Jul 06, 2009, 03:54 AM

Are you able to download them from uploading.com? or do you encounter problem downloading blind.rar like yogiwizard?
By the way your uploading.com always show me as having exceeded my download limit for the day (even though I didn't download anything from it). Is there any other upload sites that you've uploaded this zip file into?

You have the white02.bmp file right. Duplicate it and rename it to fullb.tga (make sure there's no other extension at the back- for example: It should not be called fullb.tga.bmp - that's not correct)

Make sure you have the files in the correct directory. Might want to have a quick read ofTroubleshooting
Thank you for your response bleu
I have tried w/e you have said in troubleshoot or here, but in vain I get errors, as for uploading.com, my coutries traffic is always exceeded if I try a proxy and click on download the page refreshes and the same needs to be repeated but can't DL the file.
I will post screenshots when I get RO back :D till can can you use MegaUpload or Rapid Share?
Please submit some screeshots/printscreen either as a reply on this thread or PM (if you prefer privacy). Feel free to PM me if problems persist.

20x/20x/20x, 99/70 Max lvl Trans
Custom {Classes, Items, BGMs, Dungeon, City}

SilverStream~

Edited because it was hard to find your message, and to read it all together because of the confusion.

Quote from: bleu on Jul 06, 2009, 03:54 AM

Thank you for your response bleu
I have tried w/e you have said in troubleshoot or here, but in vain I get errors, as for uploading.com, my coutries traffic is always exceeded if I try a proxy and click on download the page refreshes and the same needs to be repeated but can't DL the file.
I will post screenshots when I get RO back :D till can can you use MegaUpload or Rapid Share?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

bleu

Poki

I do not think of this as cheating.  I think of it as being smart.  You are smart Bleu.

ARCHhybrid

my server is legendro and i can't seem to do it. can you help me?

bleu

1. Have u read the Troubleshooting section?
http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php/topic,10417.msg74783.html#msg74783

2. If I am to make a guess, LLRO is a Type III server; which gets a bit complicated.

Quote from: Xirality
Because in my time of playing with the client, I found a few exploits and posted them on the Staff Forum, which is why LLRO no longer uses the data folder.

You should also consider the following before proceeding

Quote from: ForteXX
Any modification to any part of the client that isn't made by staff or made by Xirality (he gets staff approval for his I believe), is against the rules.

Both extracted from LLRO forum

3. So, as with a Type III server, you will need to compile all your edits into a custom grf and re-prioritize the DATA.INI
Click Here