Sometime ago, I reported to my GM that /effect does not switch off the visual effects on Blindness as it should be on official servers. His reply was simply, "Its a client related thing. Nothing we can do about it."
Well, he was correct. If the GM is unable to do anything about it, then it's up to you to fix the bug and edit the client side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVkFYF1HEvg
This edit will remove the visual effects
of Blindness from:
- Demon of the Sun, Moon and Stars (a Star Gladiator skill which causes permanent reduction in visibility)
- Wall of Fog
- Blind Attack/Darkness Attack (from Anubis, Marc, Familiar, etc..)
- Blind Status (Familiar cards)
1. If you don't have a program to extract .zip file (winzip or winrar will do it), download and install the program below.http://www.7-zip.org/
2. Download the necessary files (fullb.tga and white02.bmp in the .zip or .grf) from attachment section of this post.
- the .zip opens to the data/ folder with the 2 files
- the .grf.rename.rar is actually a .grf file, you just have to rename it back to .grf put it in your RO folder then include it in your data.ini
Create the following folder:
4. Copy the extracted files and paste them in the newly created folder.
(As you can see, both files are blank "hot pink" images. The color "hot pink" (Red: 255 Green: 0 Blue: 255) will appear transparent in game. Thus, we are editing the client to show the visual effects of blindness as "transparent" instead of the normal black/darkness)
5. Just load RO, and you will be immune to the visual effects of Blind on your screen only
. When affected by Blind status, your HIT and FLEE rate will continue to be reduced by 25%; however your range of visibility will not be affected due to the modification.TROUBLESHOOTINGClick here
If you are from a TYPE III Server. I pre-made blind.grf which can be downloaded (see attachment). Simply edit your data.ini file and ensure that blind.grf takes priority over other grfs.DISCLAIMER:
Please check with your server if you are allowed to edit the client side. Some servers prohibit that.
It appears, this edit might disable the "visual timer effects" indicator shown next to the effects icons found on the top right of the screen on some servers.
Edit 2015-04: updated links.