Complete hunters guide (Simplified).

Started by Plague, Apr 15, 2008, 06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plague

Ezekiel's Full Hunters Guide
Part I PvP Type

This is part I of a 3 part Hunters guide. This guide covers the PvP side of a Hunter (Agi, Dex, Vit). I'm going to cover everything from gears to stats. Hopefully this guide will help people that are new to Ragnarok or just new to Hunters. Or maybe it can even improve the build you already have. Alright here we go.

Leveling Guide.

Alright, alot of people under estimate a hunters capabilities. They have a big advantage in the leveling catagorie seeing that they can deal either a High amount of Ranged damage  using Double Strafe or a fast consistant damage, Also ranged. I have created a very easy way for you to level quickley. Follow the list below and you shouldn't have any problems.

Novice Level 1-13 - Training Grounds
Archer Level 13-35- Payon Caves or 2 Maps South of Pront, 1 East (Poporings)
Archer Level 35-50 - South of Einbroch (Metalings)
Level 50-Hunter - Lou Yang Field
Hunter Level 53-70 - Lou Yang Field
Hunter Level 70-80 - Gonryun Dungeon01 (Bring pots) or High Orcs
Hunter Level 80-90 - Gonryun Dungeon01 or Hillwind (Rachel)
Hunter Level 90-99 - Nifflehiem (Outside of town) or Turtle Dungeon

Stats

What your going to want to do is add all dex until it reaches 65. After you Reach 65 dex thats when you will add the agi till it hits 80. Then add dex again until it hits 85. Continue with the agi till it hits 99. By this time you will be a high enough level to where you can PvP. From there on out just add vit. These should be your stats once you hit 99/50 without gear I will ad that in later.

STR 1+4
AGI 99+6
VIT 45+2
INT 1+4
DEX 85+10
LUK 1+4

Gears and cards

OK now it is time for gears, and with gears comes cards. Another tip is to have different types of arrows on hand. Especially elementals.

Weapons PvP

+7-10 Composite bow [4] - 2x Hydra, 2x Skel Worker
+7-10 Composite bow [4] - 4x Turtle General (If Rich)

Headgear

UPPER- +7-10 AoA OR Ghost Bandana
MID- Binoculars or Masquerade
LOWER- Pipe, Romantic Leaf/Flower

Armor

+7-10 Tights [1] - Pupa
+7-10 Tights - Unfrozen

Garment

+7-10 Muffler [1] - Whisper
+7-10 Muffler [1] - Raydric

Footgear

+7-10 Boots [1] - Matyr

Accesories

FOR DEX= 2x Glove [1]- 2x zerom
FOR AGI= 2x Brooch [1]- 2x kukre

With all of the gear and full buffs you final stats should look like this.

STR- 1+14=15
AGI- 99+37=136
VIT- 45+2=47
INT- 1+14=15
DEX- 85+47=132

Well thats my guide to a PvP Hunter. I have two more guides coming. Hopefully this is useful. I kind of simplified it to make it easier to read. I left out stuff that wasn't as important. Like different armor combos for certain situations and certain weapon combos.

Referral Link is not allowed in this forum.  Please refer to second point in global forum rules:
http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php?action=globalAnnouncements;id=6

pintakasi

my build for PVP is like this, status type.

Stats are;

Agi 99
Dex 99
Luk 25

+10 comp bow, silenced,cursed,stunned,berserk
and all agi+ cards like bapho jr. etc. /no2 lol
but your build is good, keep rockin
your not a fool, aren't you?

Plague

Haha thanks. I got to lvl 75 with your build on iRO. My stats were like AGI 65, DEX 75, LUK 20. But I had the hunters set so I owned haha. I got hacked and had to restart. I love the luk tho, blitz beat owns.
Referral Link is not allowed in this forum.  Please refer to second point in global forum rules:

Narbe

Quote from: Ezekiel on Apr 15, 2008, 06:46 AM
arent dmg cards caped at 50%? and yea luk for blitz owns

ZOMG ITS MUSICAL EXCEL SAGA<333333

superja

I think you need more builds up. There's so much more to hunters than being fast :(

The fact that you have no int on your build worries me, imho a hunter that doesn't take advantage of traps and the massive damage of real blitz beat is not as great as he could be.

I used to be a full agi/dex, but made a full trap hunter and never looked back. Traps are so much more fun, and with buckets of Int blitz does scary damage.

pintakasi

another build was a falcon assault hunter type.
int increases the damage of falcon assault. and you dont need to use a bow,
it's so cool when i fought this type of sniper....

Narbe

uhmmz i wouldnt do full falcon but it gets pretty useful against pneuma

superja

I do <3 traps though, and everybody seems to forget them. But a trap hunter that knows his skills and elements can kick out a LOT of damage.

Quoteuhmmz i wouldnt do full falcon but it gets pretty useful against pneuma

why?

"Blitz Beat has an Attack Range of 5, added to the number of the Vulture`s Eye skill level. Enemies within a 3*3 cell area around the target will receive the same amount of damage as the targeted enemy." =Awesome.

The other thing about auto-blitz beat, if you're going to use it at all, add a LITTLE int at least!
The way the calculation works, INT increases damage way more than DEX (Dex is divided by 10, int by 2).
For example, you have 120 Dex and 1 int, your falcon does 105 damage per hit.
You have 1 Dex and 25 int, your falcon does 105 damage per hit.
If you have 120 Dex and 25 int, your falcon does 129 damage per hit.
There's no reason a hunter can't have a FEW points into int, even if just to get the recovery bonus. DS spam, anyone?

pintakasi

traps are useful, agreed.   8) falcon snipers have tough armor

Narbe

bleh i ment to say falcon assault, autocasting snipers r ok (blitz beat), anywho both falcon skills suffer the reduction lol

Plague

I still have two more builds to post this is just one. I personally like the agi, dex, and int build for DS spam. Owns for leveling, especially with traps. And yea falcon assault is good, only thing is you get owned alot because of the cast delay. If ou can't kill them in two hits, your basically screwed. Unless there noobs.

Narbe

pintakasi

Quote from: Ezekiel on Apr 17, 2008, 08:48 PM
I still have two more builds to post this is just one. I personally like the agi, dex, and int build for DS spam. Owns for leveling, especially with traps. And yea falcon assault is good, only thing is you get owned alot because of the cast delay. If ou can't kill them in two hits, your basically screwed. Unless there noobs.
nope you can blitz beat'em while waiting for the cooldown, maybe 2blitz or just 1..

Hakumei

Quote from: Ezekiel on Apr 15, 2008, 06:46 AM

Like the other person said before, I think cards are capped at 50%. It should be 2xHydra 2xTGen. o_o;

Plague

I know I have played servers with no cap and on iRO I have never had a bow like that...So I wouldn't know lol..

SoulPunch

Hey, im recently a dedicated hunter/sniper charater, just coz i love the traps. My build:
Dex 99+63
Agi  70+37
Vit  62+8
Int  25+20
Str  6+19

This is more of a PvP build, Aspd of 179, HP 10874 SP 793 (with a verit card) With all self-buffs & Bless+Agi.

Equips:
Feather Beret
Binoculars
Gangster Mask
Any armor you wish [1] w/ marc, ED, what ever helps in your situation.
Triple Bloody Boned Composite Bow PvP Bow
Or Status Bow Double Stun (savage babe) Double Silence/Curse
Any manteau you wish [1] Raydric, Noxious, what ever helps in your situation.
Boots [1] w/ Verit
2x Zerom Gloves.

Traps to use: Snare, This can never be over used and useful for most classes. Shockwave for pally, champ, priest. Sandman for low int chars LK, smith. Freezing trap for any one you know that doesn't have or use a marc or ED.

Tactics: Trap up, pick your targets (try to avoid pally because of defenders) Use your status bow to inflict status on the opponent, melee or arrow shower for mobbing. When status effects take place switch to pvp bow & start spamming DS. If you need to fall back place traps done behind you, yet again depending on the class.

Feel free to comment  ;D

Infection

85+10..? <<;.

That's not even multiples of 10. ;P 80+10 would save you stats..
sup.

Pandora

Quote from: SoulPunch on May 12, 2008, 08:05 AM
Hunters cant wear manteau, maybe you meant muffler? ^^

I play a hunter myself, like any class everyone is gonna prefer a different build. I go full dex myself, along with all possible dex gear and some food + bless I can hit 170, which leads to very interesting damages, for the rest of my stats I go Agi, Int and Vit, in that order.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Hakumei

Quote from: Pandora on May 13, 2008, 01:53 PM

I play a hunter myself, like any class everyone is gonna prefer a different build. I go full dex myself, along with all possible dex gear and some food + bless I can hit 170, which leads to very interesting damages, for the rest of my stats I go Agi, Int and Vit, in that order.

Speaking of full dex, I don't know if all the official servers outside of kRO are updated far enough, but you should use 2x Zerom Orleans Glove. That's about +10 extra dex.

SoulPunch

Quote from: Pandora on May 13, 2008, 01:53 PM

I meant any garment in general, but usually i would go for muffler/Heavenly Maiden Robe