Blue cards by SilverStream~

Started by SilverStream~, Apr 07, 2009, 12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverStream~

The Blue Card Edit is not a very advanced sprite edit, or particularly useful. It is a cosmetic improvement =)
Cards in general are considered special items to 99% of all players, and I think they should look more special aswell.

I changed the small card sprite that shows in your inventory, from greenish to stylish blue.
I think it looks really refreshing, and alot of people keep cards on themselves for selling or whatever reason.
The response I've gotten so far has been only positive, and alot of people are saying that it may be small, but definatly
changes the look a little. It's one of several touchups I'm making to make ro look better. So I might post more.

You can download it here:

Download for Blue Cards
     -Under Fair Use - by SilverStream~

How To Install:

All you need to do is unrar it, and put the "data" folder in your RO folder =)

This is what it should look like:

Here's a screenshot of it =)

If you compare it the old card, this one is blue and looks a ton better then the old green ~ :]

______________________________________________________________________________________

Other Sprite edits I have done;

High Res Big Card
(To download and install use same guide as posted here.)
-screenshot-

-Copyright© 2009 SilverStream~

Note: The other big card edit has just been posted as a guide(by bleu), and has a unknown owner.

______________________________________________________________________________________

You can find these edits at R.U.N.E. aswell;

Blue Cards - Other Sprites
        NOTE: The above sprite edit is under Fair Use. The copyright stated in in the description and file detail in the above link do not apply.

High Res Big Card Sprite - Other Sprites
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zelos

Very nice. Thanks for those posts.

SilverStream~

No problem =)

I'm still thinking of other things to change so it looks better~
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pandora

Small change but it is pretty, have you released it on rune too?
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

SilverStream~

Quote from: Pandora on Apr 07, 2009, 08:45 AM
Small change but it is pretty, have you released it on rune too?

I'm doing that as we speak^

Never had a rune account so had to make one ._.

silveredit;
I messed up the font type in the description u.u But you can now find it on rune too~
Both are up at Rune now =)

Blue Cards - http://ro-enhance.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=5719
High Res Big Card - http://ro-enhance.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=5720

caramel

Simple yet elegant!  :o I like it, nice work.

SilverStream~

Thank you =)

I was making a card change earlier to the card you see when you look at the properties of a card. But then I went out and forgot ._.

I'll finish it tomoroow since it's getting late now, and I'm not feeling creative atm =\

ChemicalW

Nice guide. Was very useful for me.

^^ i agree, thank you very much for the guide =3

can we not have the copyright debate on this topic please? X.x

SilverStream~

The only edit is the blue card one.

The Big card I created myself without taking any sprite from gravity. So this one, the Big Card edit I have copyright on as it's not stolen from anywhere, or any original edited and changed.

The blue card one I copyright because no one else has made one such as mine before. Also since it is a sprite taken from gravity, and used as reference for mine, which I buildt by using the 8 bit coloring function in photoshop, it would be fanart. And if no one have made it, or claimed to made it before(which no one has or done), I am free to say I made this piece of fanart, making me the author of it, and the artist which created the artwork.

By that I also get the copyright for it. As proof I have the psd files and reference files used to created both files.

Quote from: JJJ on Apr 13, 2009, 06:19 PM
can we not have the copyright debate on this topic please? X.x

Well he asked me, so I could atleast reply. And as I see it he didn't try and offend me in any way or flame. So I guess it's okay.

SilverStream~

Changing each sprite to a color, for weapon, shield, headgear etc would take a really long time. Since they are single files, and each file would have to be changed.

Atm I don't have the time for that =\
And I don't know how to code either, so I cant code a system that differentiates between these things.

Plus I didn't really understand what you were meaning xD explain a bit deeper?

Updated the first post so that the information is correct.

Pandora

I think we all know the original white card sprite is from gravity. XD

I love the color per type of card suggestion, Silver you could just make 6 different colors and let server owners take care of updating the resnametable file, that's basically the only file that needs changing to show a different sprite for them in game. Or I could help you with it if you need.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

SilverStream~

Oh you mean one color for each type of card~~

/facepalm sorry I didn't get what Serenity meant.

Yeah, I can probably do that. I would just change the hue though, as any more modification would look bad, and the gold brim on the cards will have to still be gold.
I'll maybe do that later today. Want me to change the High res one aswell?

To be honest I have no idea how to differentiate between the different types of cards. If you know how to then that's perfect, send me a pm about it.

Pandora

Well I think Serenity meant headgear, armor, weapon, foot, garment and accessory. You just make the 6 different graphic and then in the resnametable we can tell it which graphic to use for which card manually.

SilverStream~

Mh I get it now.

I was actually doing a test of a card, on the infotab(when you right click a card), but I discarded it.

I have to think of something to put there =) Right now I'm about to eat so see you later~

Pandora

Well the image when you right click a card is what we refer to as the "collection" image. The "item" image is what appears in the inventory and the "dropsprite" well its the card when it's dropped on the floor (usually it's very similar to the "item" image, but instead of a bmp it's a spr format and needs an act, yours is larger but thats fine, easier to spot I guess.

Looking forward to this edit ^_^

SilverStream~

Yeah I know about spr files, if not I wouldn't been able to make the big card edit lol xD

But I have little clue about what the act file is there for. Apparently it can be opened in photoshop, and it's some kind of alpha layer? idk.

I'll see what I can do.

SilverStream~

._.' I'd rather edit my own, no offense xD

But I'll be home in around.. 12 hours.. depending on the bus~  So I'll do it then. Now is just... too late.. <.< And I've had it on hold for a while now =.='

Zone

Quote from: Serenity on Apr 13, 2009, 06:47 PM
Have you ever thought of creating additional color edits, and perhaps doing a little diddy in the client-side files that would have a color shown for each different card type? ie, Orange for Accessory, Blue for Weaponry, Purple for Shield, et cetera? The potential for this system is high, and was something I've been hoping for over the past few years. From my understanding if you continued your work from just the blue cards, this would be the first edit of it's kind (apart from the Materia system) that I've personally seen.

That's quite possible to do without making source edits.
It's just a matter of organizing the cards by the categories and then adding the appropriate sprites and what not in the clientside files. It's a simple thing to do, it's just time consuming.
You'd need to get every card in your server sorted. But you can use the RMS card list on the homepage for it.

Pandora

The act file tells the game where the sprite goes on a character, in the case of a headgear or wings it's important, you want the sprite to be properly placed on the character, for dropsprite you can use the same for any dropped item, the position will be on the floor. As for photoshop, it recognizes it but can't read it properly, you need actor/actor2, but like I said for items like your cards you don't need to edit the act, just use the original one of the normal RO card.

SilverStream~

So how do we manage to differ between the six types of cards?

Right now there's only one type.

Pandora

You can just make the sprite and let us worry about assigning each color to the various cards. :P

SilverStream~

Quote from: Pandora on Apr 15, 2009, 03:29 PM
You can just make the sprite and let us worry about assigning each color to the various cards. :P

Okay I'll do that haha^

Serenity, I understand it now, thank you =)
Posted on: Apr 15, 2009, 07:49 am
I completely forgot about this ._. I have no idea now when I'll do the cards... so much else came up =(

A92FL0163

Isn't it as easy as just going photoshop and click color balance? o_O

SilverStream~

It's not so easy to maintain the flu, while learning css, building a website, trying to eat and drink(because of the flu), reading in general(big headacke) and I can't speak because of sore tonsils.  And then start using my eyes even more to look at the colors closely for some tiny cards.

=(

newbiemax

Hmm. Nice work! I'd love to try it but sadly the download limit exceed? I don't get it. That's what i get when i try to download the High res card..

Hope you could help me!

/no1

Final

Quote from: newbiemax on Dec 26, 2009, 11:40 AM
Hmm. Nice work! I'd love to try it but sadly the download limit exceed? I don't get it. That's what i get when i try to download the High res card..

Hope you could help me!

/no1
Considering the date of the last post...I kinda doubt you'll be able to get help.....

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

DynamoBuns

If you pm me, I can give it to you.

whitecherry

Hi all,

I have been looking for these super sized cards done by SilverStream~ but most of the sites (Megaupload, RUNE, etc) hosting them seem to be dead... :(

No doubt this is a really useful sprite and I'm sure many would really appreciate it if anyone could post another copy of this onto the internet.

Thanks in advance :)

Buckyx

just searched google and found this.. should be the same rar file but on 4shared

http://www.4shared.com/rar/WFE-Ws7I/High_Res_BigCard_Sprite.html

vrl

Can someone uploade this blue cards spr again. All download links are dead now :(

Fluffy Ribbons

Looks awesome  /ok

My server used to have it...untill a certain maintainance it was removed.

Now I don't even know if I missed a card when I mob.

Buckyx

found it again, just download this, link in other topic .. there is also right name of files and folder so u have to rename it once downloaded .. i play there so it saved me time unpacking and modifying grf
https://forum.talonro.com/index.php?topic=44727.0

Hollgrehenn

Hi guys,

I'm the user named SilverStream~, but have no idea what email I used on that account.

I did some digging after I've been playing on the official servers and wanted my big card sprite in my grf, so I've uploaded it here if you guys want it: http://www.filedropper.com/bluebigcardbysilverstream

Follow the guide in the first post to put it into your own grf.

This is what it looks like:

Let me know if you want me to upload it anywhere else.

Sachimi

Quote from: Buckyx on Apr 25, 2014, 02:06 PM
found it again, just download this, link in other topic .. there is also right name of files and folder so u have to rename it once downloaded .. i play there so it saved me time unpacking and modifying grf
https://forum.talonro.com/index.php?topic=44727.0

I posted this on RMS forum too. http://forum.ratemyserver.net/modification-sprite-and-tool-discussion/looking-for-large-card-sprite-download/msg171239/#msg171239

Quote from: Hollgrehenn on Jul 08, 2016, 06:06 PM
Follow the guide in the first post to put it into your own grf.

You don't actually need to put it into a grf to get it to work, on most servers. It'll read the data folder just fine, no need to go through all that stuff with grfs. You can easily screw stuff up if you modify a server's existing grf, and the file to determine grf precedence could be overwritten by a server update ( just annoying, but still ).

Exxonia

does someone have an updated link to this sprite? all links are dead.

Xarale

Have a look at Sachimi's post above you, the URL she posted above also links to some card sprite downloads.  From what I see, these links are still active.

-X.

Exxonia

way too long on the reply, sorry about that. i was talking about the ones in Hollgrehenn's screen shot. i cant seem to find that kind of sprite anywhere.

Xarale

Again, I must refer you to Sachimi's post just above, and the URL she posted.  Namely: [Click here]

She has posted working links to various large coloured card sprites, including the large blue card sprite shown in the screenshot, along with instructions on how to install it.

-X.