Blue cards by SilverStream~

Started by SilverStream~, Apr 07, 2009, 12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverStream~

Mh I get it now.

I was actually doing a test of a card, on the infotab(when you right click a card), but I discarded it.

I have to think of something to put there =) Right now I'm about to eat so see you later~
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pandora

Well the image when you right click a card is what we refer to as the "collection" image. The "item" image is what appears in the inventory and the "dropsprite" well its the card when it's dropped on the floor (usually it's very similar to the "item" image, but instead of a bmp it's a spr format and needs an act, yours is larger but thats fine, easier to spot I guess.

Looking forward to this edit ^_^
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

SilverStream~

Yeah I know about spr files, if not I wouldn't been able to make the big card edit lol xD

But I have little clue about what the act file is there for. Apparently it can be opened in photoshop, and it's some kind of alpha layer? idk.

I'll see what I can do.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SilverStream~

._.' I'd rather edit my own, no offense xD

But I'll be home in around.. 12 hours.. depending on the bus~  So I'll do it then. Now is just... too late.. <.< And I've had it on hold for a while now =.='

Zone

Quote from: Serenity on Apr 13, 2009, 06:47 PM
Have you ever thought of creating additional color edits, and perhaps doing a little diddy in the client-side files that would have a color shown for each different card type? ie, Orange for Accessory, Blue for Weaponry, Purple for Shield, et cetera? The potential for this system is high, and was something I've been hoping for over the past few years. From my understanding if you continued your work from just the blue cards, this would be the first edit of it's kind (apart from the Materia system) that I've personally seen.

That's quite possible to do without making source edits.
It's just a matter of organizing the cards by the categories and then adding the appropriate sprites and what not in the clientside files. It's a simple thing to do, it's just time consuming.
You'd need to get every card in your server sorted. But you can use the RMS card list on the homepage for it.

Pandora

The act file tells the game where the sprite goes on a character, in the case of a headgear or wings it's important, you want the sprite to be properly placed on the character, for dropsprite you can use the same for any dropped item, the position will be on the floor. As for photoshop, it recognizes it but can't read it properly, you need actor/actor2, but like I said for items like your cards you don't need to edit the act, just use the original one of the normal RO card.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

SilverStream~

So how do we manage to differ between the six types of cards?

Right now there's only one type.

Pandora

You can just make the sprite and let us worry about assigning each color to the various cards. :P

SilverStream~

Quote from: Pandora on Apr 15, 2009, 03:29 PM
You can just make the sprite and let us worry about assigning each color to the various cards. :P

Okay I'll do that haha^

Serenity, I understand it now, thank you =)
Posted on: Apr 15, 2009, 07:49 am
I completely forgot about this ._. I have no idea now when I'll do the cards... so much else came up =(

A92FL0163

Isn't it as easy as just going photoshop and click color balance? o_O

SilverStream~

It's not so easy to maintain the flu, while learning css, building a website, trying to eat and drink(because of the flu), reading in general(big headacke) and I can't speak because of sore tonsils.  And then start using my eyes even more to look at the colors closely for some tiny cards.

=(

newbiemax

Hmm. Nice work! I'd love to try it but sadly the download limit exceed? I don't get it. That's what i get when i try to download the High res card..

Hope you could help me!

/no1

Final

Quote from: newbiemax on Dec 26, 2009, 11:40 AM
Hmm. Nice work! I'd love to try it but sadly the download limit exceed? I don't get it. That's what i get when i try to download the High res card..

Hope you could help me!

/no1
Considering the date of the last post...I kinda doubt you'll be able to get help.....

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

DynamoBuns

If you pm me, I can give it to you.

whitecherry

Hi all,

I have been looking for these super sized cards done by SilverStream~ but most of the sites (Megaupload, RUNE, etc) hosting them seem to be dead... :(

No doubt this is a really useful sprite and I'm sure many would really appreciate it if anyone could post another copy of this onto the internet.

Thanks in advance :)