Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better?

Trancend jobs
13 (72.2%)
Third jobs
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

GnawMons

I would like to know which is better. Are the old ones better than the new ones? Please reply about WHY you think that the option you chose is better.  /go   /no1

Triper

Hardly you can get a true opinion for this because it's a personal thing.

I personally think that the 3rds are more broken then the trans since most of the time it's just a who attacks first festival.

SukiChii

I've hardly played with 3rd jobs so I really wouldn't know....

Fruit Pie~

There's no "non-trans" option (and that was the best era by far, other than a few rough spots like Alchemists and Assassins being completely weak), so I voted 3rd class.

The reason for this is that with 3rd classes, everyone is broken. Everyone has skills that snap game balance in half, and it feels sort of balanced, in a very weird way. Post-Skill Balance Renewal is also the only time the Blacksmith class line ever got to be good (Mechanics are really awesome) and that earns some respect from me. Of course, Archbishops have no broken skills, suck balls and you should never make one, but the High Priest had already gone out with a whimper in Trans, so I'm not blaming Renewal for this one.

With Trans classes, you have classes that are more powerful than others, plain and simple. LKs and either HWs or Snipers (respectively if you're in a party or solo) will always be better than everyone else in PVM, Creators will always be better than everyone else in PVP while SinXes and Champs hold a distant but unchallenged second place. And, of course, it features classes that are inferior to other classes in every possible way, with no useful gimmicks : Whitesmiths, High Priests and - to an extent - Stalkers.

So yeah, there you have it!

GnawMons

I personally think that trans are a bit harder and quite better. Since some are inferior to others. Especially my high wiz who had low vit which she means she couldn't survive much longer. But it was fun killing people while struggling to keep your hp up.

On the third jobs, The new skills and sprites are good and all but...It kinda kills the enjoyment. Some are overpowered and it feels a bit unbalanced. The Genetic can protect himself without a homunculus which feels like it broke the bond. But the pros here is that gameplay feels easier.  /ho

I played both trans and third jobs but I still can't make up my mind.   /sob

Astraeos

What do you mean better? Like gameplay wise and balance from separate servers? 3rd jobs were pretty fun until the Mora patch, where things just get really retarded. The balancing changes that have always been needed for RE are pretty easy to spot and really simple changes. If anyone ever wanted to make a successful and balanced server it would take some simple tweeking to not make certain skills absolutely broken.
rAthena has to get the damage formulas right first.

sheena

The image in the avatar is from RivalRO and I am open to server(s) that meets my needs without any stupid player package

GnawMons

Hohoho~ /ho

Thank you very much to all the replies. It seems that the trans jobs won.
But I'm still open for suggestions  /no1
Quote from: Astraeos on Apr 30, 2013, 01:26 PM
What do you mean better? Like gameplay wise and balance from separate servers? 3rd jobs were pretty fun until the Mora patch, where things just get really retarded.

Both actually... and I agree that the Mora patch made everything bad. xD

Quote from: sheena on May 01, 2013, 03:04 AM
The truth hurts
/ok

iDowngrade

I myself, do not have a prefference, i really like both ALOT, i know that 3rd jobs are TOO DAMN BROKEN, yet i have fun with both, which is the point of playing Ragnarok, i hope you enjoy it the way i do :D

SukiChii

I love arcbishop like dadqwdqwdqwfqdfqf.

Fruit Pie~

Quote from: SukiChii on May 05, 2013, 03:57 PM
I love arcbishop like dadqwdqwdqwfqdfqf.
My condolences.

The sprite does look great, though!

SukiChii

I also like Wanderer's sprite.

Fruit Pie~

Personally, I'll always have a soft spot for the Madogear.

It's also the only way I'll play female characters in a Renewal server, because just look at the Royal Guard's armor. ._. And that's the most well-dressed character.

Daletos

Quote from: Triper on Apr 29, 2013, 12:46 PM
Hardly you can get a true opinion for this because it's a personal thing.

I personally think that the 3rds are more broken then the trans since most of the time it's just a who attacks first festival.

This is a very bad misconception and was most likely rA/incorrect renewal. Back on Cookie on my sorc I was able to tank most things all day and out pot given I had CK/Thara/FB the basics etc. Sure there were the few things here and there I couldn't like gloomy spiral back when it was fdkjgjhfh3458954875 broken and so on. Granted this was pre Mora Patch which effed a lot of things up and before all the crap like arrow storm on rangers etc. But even know it is tolerable with the right set up/build.

Quote from: Fruit Pie~ on Apr 29, 2013, 07:19 PM
There's no "non-trans" option (and that was the best era by far, other than a few rough spots like Alchemists and Assassins being completely weak), so I voted 3rd class.

The reason for this is that with 3rd classes, everyone is broken. Everyone has skills that snap game balance in half, and it feels sort of balanced, in a very weird way. Post-Skill Balance Renewal is also the only time the Blacksmith class line ever got to be good (Mechanics are really awesome) and that earns some respect from me. Of course, Archbishops have no broken skills, suck balls and you should never make one, but the High Priest had already gone out with a whimper in Trans, so I'm not blaming Renewal for this one.

With Trans classes, you have classes that are more powerful than others, plain and simple. LKs and either HWs or Snipers (respectively if you're in a party or solo) will always be better than everyone else in PVM, Creators will always be better than everyone else in PVP while SinXes and Champs hold a distant but unchallenged second place. And, of course, it features classes that are inferior to other classes in every possible way, with no useful gimmicks : Whitesmiths, High Priests and - to an extent - Stalkers.

So yeah, there you have it!

Agree with Fruit on this pretty much. Spot on analysis on renewnal with yeah game balance is fgkjgfhfgdh but it sort of balances out since everyone can do something. I will say that what chu talkin about AB being useless boi/gurrl (I FORGOT AGAIN WHICH ONE OF YOU IS WHICH), AB can wipe the floor in pvp if you get a highly upgraded wand like +17 lich bone with double zaku or even the skullcap set with a high refined wand. Though yeah you basically need to be uber rich to make it worth, but once you can it is possible to compete on par with other really rich/well geared people. AND for the record clearance was OP as shiet back in the day when it worked on everyone and dispelled like everything lol, sadly not anymore since fixed :(. And agree with trans, its pretty balanced and a really regulated game we all still love, but I like change personally.

Additionally it is not as broken as many of you think. You have to first make sure where you try it is an updated/correct source such as official or a few select servers. And look at some of the changes, such as the people b**** about genetics, they have the second lowest hp mod now and are so flimsy its very easy to take them out if you got the right counter or sadly in this case attack them first :P.

Female sorc for best sprite, DAT LEG CLEAVAGE~

Fruit Pie~

Beta Clearance was literally the best spell ever. They didn't need to give the Archbishop anything else - give me an AB with max job level 6 and old Clearance as their only skill and I'll still think it's better than the current AB. XD

Unfortunately they nerfed it so hard it's now like using a really watered down version of the Sage's Dispel. Wonderful!

Third classes in general are much more fragile than trans classes, surprisingly. The HP mods are lower across the board, with the AB matching the WL's HP mod, the Rune Knight being dropped roughly to Paladin tankiness and the Geneticist now being made of paper. Except Mechanics, who got a huge HP boost and are now the ultimate PVP tank.