Problems That Need to be solved

Started by Atreilynn, Jul 16, 2009, 05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atreilynn

Okay
I play on a high rate 400/200
Max stats 360
note ( can almost get any card except thanatos | high wiz | ifrit , and pretty much everyone has a maya purple )

Im a
SinX | Ninja and I have a couple problems that I cant seem to be able to solve

I've searched and read through many ninja guides
about fighting a prof/wiz (especially about guides that are close to my server rates/stats)
all seem to be "you're screwed" as it is a 'ninja's weakness'

True? False?

I do have a few situations where I couldnt find myself able to solve no matter what job. (on a High rate)
Theres a Prof's Heaven's Drive Which I find to be a sinx's / ninja's nightmare
an Aoe that cancels out any hide / cloak without land protector
Say I do want to get to the prof.
How is it possible if he/she is eqipped with a Maya Purple and can outcast me in a magic fight between bolts?

Then goes situations in woe which makes things alot more harder.
Without the help of another prof,
is it possible to bypass , or eliminate a

0] High Priest , Professor , and a High Wiz Guarding an entrance? Solo --
The problem with this situation is they're pretty much almost fully geared out -
our GTB has been nerfed to useless .

1]I cant get close to them because Aoe storm gust knocks me around, if I cloak or hide,
There's a heavens drive up my donkey. If I try to damage them, the priest just does his thing.
cant seem to run past them at all even with speed pots.
In our woe , you cant heal item wise.
And if I try to kill the priest first, I end up dying anyways.

2] Is there any possible way to get 100 Initial MDEF | Not the MDEF that your INT raises but through equips
Where all gears are 1 slotted. (even headgears)

3] Are there any effective ways to use the Grimtooth "skill" (tactics wise)

4] Magic Ninja is pretty much a common 'average' ninja class. Weak with their own
power used against them,I believe they can be far more effective against magic users.
How is this possible? (equips?)(stats) -
5] same goes with sinx?

Sarin

Ah, welcome to the world of advanced tactics. This lesson-decoys.

Generally, being decoy means stuffing yourself with reductions and retaliation cards-that means reflect and various autocast cards, then letting yourself be the target.

In this case, I'd stuff up with old good f.beret and thara, mdef gear and Detale card in armor. You want LP? You get it with this. Once it triggers, hide and grim the wizard's a** off before he finds Ganbaiten among his skills and blasts your LP.

For MDEF gear, just do some search at ratemyserver.net database and see what works.

SinX on HR is generally overpowered, for his high HP pool and deadly damage potential. With good equip switching, on 99/70 it is possible to survive and do some damage in any situation, I suppose it is gonna be even more apparent on HR.

Atreilynn

Oh
I have never thought of detale.
thankks.
Excluding detale, any other ways? - seems I cant get a hold of detale

Sarin

hm, that is a weird situation...knockback in WoE? No pots? What kind of weirdo setup is that...
Seems like the magic classes have upper hand on your server, kinda lot.

You can deal with bolters using magical reflect stuff like maya card, but AoEs without LP can be a nightmare. If knockback works, perhaps backslide will too? Or reset to SBK build and return the favor on range.

CookieEater

Months ago I did a check on MDef gear. I believe that you can reach up to 87, if memory serves, but you'd be seriously gimping yourself stat- and card-wise.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Descent

Quote from: CookieEater on Jul 17, 2009, 06:28 AM
Months ago I did a check on MDef gear. I believe that you can reach up to 87, if memory serves, but you'd be seriously gimping yourself stat- and card-wise.

Going flat out MDEF on any character that isn't an LK or a Paladin is NOT a good move.

Also, trying to go MDEF Gear build against a High Wizard who knows what skill will eat you alive(rare, these days, but still, be warned) is suicidal. Just get a GTB and be a nusiance, unless the Admin favours them so much that he or she removed it from the game.

Irrelevant

Quote from: Descent on Jul 17, 2009, 12:24 PM
Just get a GTB and be a nusiance, unless the Admin favours them so much that he or she removed it from the game.

Quote from: Atreilynn on Jul 16, 2009, 05:41 AM
our GTB has been nerfed to useless.

Theres a Prof's Heaven's Drive Which I find to be a sinx's / ninja's nightmare
an Aoe that cancels out any hide / cloak without land protector
Say I do want to get to the prof.
How is it possible if he/she is eqipped with a Maya Purple and can outcast me in a magic fight between bolts?

Maya card. Most chances are the proffesor will end up suiciding after trying to kill you with bolts. If not, either he'll rapidly waste his recovery item supply or end up switching to killing you with AoE skills, which aren't nowhere as painful as the bolts.

0] High Priest , Professor , and a High Wiz Guarding an entrance? Solo --
The problem with this situation is they're pretty much almost fully geared out -
our GTB has been nerfed to useless.

Taking on a group of geared players by yourself in near impossible. In turn, you could try to dual damage weapons carded with one or two Lord of Death Cards. Or dual wield edges. Coma seems to work wonders on high rates. If GTB still blocks coma in your server it's, at least, 30% damage reduction you're taking off of them. Still, it would be advisable you dealt with the group with a support char.

1]I cant get close to them because Aoe storm gust knocks me around, if I cloak or hide,
There's a heavens drive up my donkey. If I try to damage them, the priest just does his thing.
cant seem to run past them at all even with speed pots.
In our woe , you cant heal item wise.
And if I try to kill the priest first, I end up dying anyways.

If item healing is cancelled then going in firsthand as a sinx is a terrible strategy. You'd need Palies/LKs
to go in alongside some priests to break the casting timing, you'd come second hand to go for the emperium.

2] Is there any possible way to get 100 Initial MDEF | Not the MDEF that your INT raises but through equips
Where all gears are 1 slotted. (even headgears)

Not unless there are custom +MDEF gears in your server. Even so, you'd end up being very vulnerable to any physical attack.

omegacrash

I play on a high rate 400/200

Quit the high rate, problem solved.  all classes are supposed to have a weakness. find another way around it.

Chojiro

Well, someone said get a Detale card. Too bad it's very easy to just use pneuma (note how SD would be useless), meaning you'd have to go into melee range (getting hit by AoEs again) even if you can reach them, or try to run the other way.

The fact you are outnumbered doesn't mean you should be able to win anyway. Especially since RO is about having several classes.
beep beep