Need Advice: Best duo to hunt MVPs

Started by Antenna, Dec 14, 2008, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antenna

Hey everyone,

My friend and I recently started playing RO again after taking a couple years off (we used to play QualityRO before it died, not sure what happened to it). So we're still getting used to all the new features, items, and jobs, as a lot's changed since the last time we played. We're on MastelaRO now, which is a 1000/1000/1000 server with card drops at 1% and max levels of 99/70. Leveling is boring for us, which is why we chose a higher rate server, but we got tired of playing on ones with max levels of 255+ as the PvP gets a little ridiculous and they seem to rely almost completely on custom/donation items (mastela doesn't have any). Since we'd been away from the game for so long we just wanted a server that was pretty close to kRO without having the boring grind.

Anyway, introduction out of the way, I'm posting here because I've been reading forums/guides for like a week straight now and I need some advice.

We want to be able to hunt MVPs a lot, to get gear and cards for ourselves, without having to rely on finding parties since we don't have a lot of time and play at various hours.

Here's my questions:

1) What, in your opinion, is the best duo for killing MVPs together? (We'd also be willing to run dual clients, so you can take that into account as well)

2) What build (stats/skills) do you recommend for each job in the duo?

3) If you have the time, could you give a quick summary of the equipment/cards you think would be the best for each job?

Thanks very much!
Antenna

CookieEater

An Assasin Cross or Lord Knight with Priest support is awesome. Creators can take down anything that has a high Vit modifier, which is fun too.

B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Antenna

Oh, nice. I already have a 99 LK and my friend has a high priest almost maxed.

Any suggestions on specific builds/eq/strategy for that combo?

Thanks.

fluidin

What kind of MVPs do you want to hunt? The normal Phree, Eddga, Bascojin, Turtle Gen?

Or Vesper, Thanatos, Beelzebub, Valk Rand? There is a huge difference between the two sets. Furthermore, some MVPs are not able to be killed by certain jobs.

For example, Beelzebub. If you guys are skilled, you can take him down with a High Priest + SinX. You are however not able to kill him with a Champ or Creator effectively.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Antenna

Hmm, good question.

We'd probably have to start out with the easier ones and work our way up. It's really easy to get a new character to 99/70 on this server, so it wouldn't be hard to make multiple characters to use for the different MVP types. Sorry, I know it's not much to go on.

Any suggestions for which job combinations work well against specific MVPs, and the builds/eq for those jobs would be awesome.

Thanks.

night1218

Best Team would be Soul-Linker,Mastersmith,SinX,HighPriest,Paladin

and why?

simple,

Soul-linker's Spirits , Mastersmith's battle chants,SinX's sonic blow+normal FAST atk , High Priest Support, Palaidun's Super Hard Tank

Lore

For the easier mvps (eddga and the like) a team of champion, professor, and high priest will thrash.

Champion can asura while a professor will Soul Exchange/Health Conversion. High priest (dual-client) will heal the prof, suffragium the champ, and just make the whole process easier as a while.

Simple, dynamic and effective group.

I'd also recommend bring along a hide (smokie) accessory for those times when things go bad : P

Quote from: fluidin on Dec 14, 2008, 09:04 PM
For example, Beelzebub. If you guys are skilled, you can take him down with a High Priest + SinX.
Wha...? O.O

fluidin

Yep. It's possible. The High Priest must be extremely skilled, and of course certain gears are neccessary.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Silvie

A linked Autocast-type Professor should do the trick for the non-shadow/non-holy MVPs. For support, a High Priest and/or a Devotion Paladin would be awesome. :D

All the stronger MVPs are either shadow or holy tho. >: It's sad.

A Sniper and High Priest on Bragi/Devo would be more versatile, I guess.