good class against champion 99/70

Started by vlemzgwapo, Mar 01, 2013, 01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vlemzgwapo

can someone tell me what class is the best against champ 99/70 pre -renewal..

any suggestions please, im annoyed that our server has a lot of champs in BG.. its kinda always 6vs6

Peanut

Sinx, Clown with SL (Tarot),Prof Dispel, Shield Chain Paladin(Reflect) ...

forholywar

it depends on what type the champ is. if the champ is an asura type, you can use Paladin Reflect Shield. i've seen many champ kill himself because asura-ing my reflect shield. or you can use Auto Guard for a chance to parry the asura. then you can just kill with Shield Chain or Matyr's Reckoning or continuous Bash

oh and you can use Ghostring Card too for less damage. i believe clown is one good class for champ counter.

Fruit Pie~

It's BG, usually that's under WoE rules, so any class with Safety Wall will completely disable Champions at the cost of making you vulnerable to Creators and Professors.

Unless you're dying to Throw Spirit Sphere too, which is another, much larger problem entirely.

Paladins are also fantastic against Champions, like people said. Don't go Martyr's Reckoning, though, that usually kills you faster than it kills your target. Also, do they have VIT? Of course they do, everyone does. Make a Creator, steamroll them. Especially effective with a Safety Wall caster by your side.

vlemzgwapo

Triper

Any class has some sort of counter vs a Champ Asura some way or another even if some are better then others.

Smokie to hide dodge asura works with any char but you've to practice a lot to get used to use hide at the right moment, even more if you're not used to hide vs [good]champs with sight and speed pot since sight range > ruwach[sight also gives the advantage of not giving the "hit" effect that ruwach gives which can end into bug position your char. Sight also doesn't ruin lex aeterna] and speed pot makes everything happen too fast to sometimes react fast enough but isn't that bad to start practice vs ruwach to get the hang of it.
150 DEX champs are near impossible to dodge this way, you've to be really lucky to press Hide at the right time.

Reflect gear can work too but if it's any decent champ instead of a pvm player, it won't do any difference since most of WoE Champs have builds made to never do more dmg then the enough to kill and to not die from reflect.
Paladins may have some luck with this since they've reflect shield[you can end killing the champ and being alive, hardly but happens sometimes] but as I said, good champs won't do dmg to kill themselves unless it's needed to drop the pala to change the flow of the fight so it's a bit of "let's get a baddy with me if I drop". Auto-Guard [lv10 <3] is also amazingly annoying vs them too as said before by forholywar.

There are many more ways such as Spider Web, Dispell, Absorb Spirits, Safety Wall, Stone Curse, Wall of Fog, Status if the champ get them. Some work better, some not, some are just extra safety measures. It really depends on what you play and your play style but most of the chars have always 1-2 ways, at least, to counter them being it at least a Smokie or some stop "their cast" with a skill.

[edit: joke removed as requested since someone saw it offensive]

vlemzgwapo

thx for that info, im getting annoyed with BG not the conquest BG, cuz all of the champs decide to play on normal BG not the conquest one cuz they do have advantage on that BG.

henry24

I Always use a clown Freeze than tarrot card him a couple of times  /gg

[color=#0000FF]1x1x1x Renewal Server[/color]

Lakre

I would use a paladin, preferably a shield build. Autoguard and high HP to survive asura, and pressure to take away SP. Shield charge against pnuema. Watch out for occult though.

SukiChii

If the champ is asura type, a OL armor might help.

Thoth

speedpot vanilmirth creator almost never dies to champ 1v1 (with my AI). the vanil will just hitlock him and you kite and keep your distance :P
don't forget to max homun resurrection, its gonna get killed alot

Astraeos

High Wizard (SW, JT spam)
Paladin (Guard, Shield Reflect, Pressure)
Scholar (Dispell spam, all that utility)
Biochemist (if they have high VIT, most have about 60~70)

mleo1

Ninja. Annoy him using cicada lol

SukiChii

Quote from: Astraeos on Mar 23, 2013, 12:17 PM
High Wizard (SW, JT spam)
Paladin (Guard, Shield Reflect, Pressure)
Scholar (Dispell spam, all that utility)
Biochemist (if they have high VIT, most have about 60~70)

HW is not a good choice if you're playing in a server were GTB isn't nerfed.

Strange

Quote from: SukiChii on Mar 23, 2013, 08:00 PM
HW is not a good choice if you're playing in a server were GTB isn't nerfed.
Why is hw useless he still can use sw and why not Prof Because dispell don't work. And Fights Never 1vs1 so if Champ use gtb he will die from sb or something else

Triper

That kinda depends on the champ and server. If the champ knows how to use something more then just asura, HW will die fast anyway. SW can't save you from FO, for example, even if the HW can still cause dmg over GTB with magic crasher.

SukiChii

Triper

And SW doesn't let Pneuma to be used since you can't cast Pneuma where there is SW neither be used where there is no 3x3 space to be casted but as I said - HW will die fast anyway if the champ knows what he's doing and not just Body Reloc and try to asura.

Fruit Pie~

Throw Spirit Sphere, being slightly weaker than Bowling Bash, does negligible damage to geared players. Then HWs go and reduce that further by 30%.

On the flip side, I don't see any Champion dying to the impressive 200~300 damage pokes from Magic Crasher.

I'd call that specific MVP-card-fueled 1v1 a draw, myself, unless the Champ gets a VERY lucky Pneuma in or we start talking about reasonable scenarios.

SukiChii

Quote from: Triper on Mar 24, 2013, 05:06 PM
And SW doesn't let Pneuma to be used since you can't cast Pneuma where there is SW neither be used where there is no 3x3 space to be casted but as I said - HW will die fast anyway if the champ knows what he's doing and not just Body Reloc and try to asura.

Yep! The only way a champ can die to HW is if the champ doesn't know how to swap  /ok

Strange

Hw is Party chara and Champ Solo
Why could supporter Carry?

SukiChii

Quote from: Strange on Mar 24, 2013, 09:06 PM

Um, what?

Triper

High Wizard is a party character. Champion is a solo character.
Why should you have a supporter character to be able to face him?
I think that he's trying to tell us that.

Strange

SukiChii

Quote from: Triper
High Wizard is a party character. Champion is a solo character.
Why should you have a supporter character to be able to face him?
I think that he's trying to tell us that.

Thanks for the clarification Triper  /heh
Now, why are you talking about parties?  /swt
Let's not complicate things and only assume it's a 1 vs. 1 scenario  /ok

Fruit Pie~

I dunno, man, it's possible. HW will always be a teamfight, big ult character, but if you outfit her with Aghanim's Scepter, Shiva's Guard, a Refresher Orb, Orchid Malevolence and maybe a Dagon you could have some incredibly mean carrying potential, just need to hang on to an AGI character to break towers for you. Works better in arranged team mode than playing with random pubs, admittedly.

...what were we talking about again?

RoseTea

Quote from: Fruit Pie~ on Mar 25, 2013, 11:13 PM
I dunno, man, it's possible. HW will always be a teamfight, big ult character, but if you outfit her with Aghanim's Scepter, Shiva's Guard, a Refresher Orb, Orchid Malevolence and maybe a Dagon you could have some incredibly mean carrying potential, just need to hang on to an AGI character to break towers for you. Works better in arranged team mode than playing with random pubs, admittedly.

...what were we talking about again?

And, again, you show a fundamental misunderstanding of the game.  A Dagon is a early-term investment that tries for an early victory via nukes: not something you want for the long game where carries shine.  Aghanim's, Shiva's, and Orchid can only carry you so far when it's possible to build additional magic resistance (and people's HPs naturally get higher). HW will always naturally drop off because she doesn't have a steroid to boost her right-click like LK or WS.

holocauseRO

trap snipers

do this

get him ankle snare / sandman

after that use land mine then DS till death

dont worry about pneuma it lowers damage to 0 but skill still works

http://www.holocaust-ro.com/cp/?module=main [color=red]Holocaust[/color]RO /no1

CaseRO

Case Ragnarok Online: Protects your Destiny
Unique Pre-renewal Mid-rate server
Join our growing community!

Eisengrad

Easy. Get a Lord Knight and drill on Spiral Pierce. Autowin. Or just get every card that reduces neutral property damage. GG

PinkNoodle

A half-decent champ with appropriate gears and decent gear swapping skills can kill anything on a fair 1v1. By fair, I do mean without pots, prebuffs, consumables or whatever. (Yes, you can kill a prof without needing blue pots. There is some luck involved but it's possible)

In parties, champs are more limited and much more of a 1hko ground-control oriented class rather than an attrition killer. In order to kill something, you need to know its weaknesses and being an avid champ player myself for 9 years now, I can tell you that the one thing that champs will ALWAYS have a hard time with is handling multiple targets. They're by far the most dangerous class you'll have against you if you lack GR and they need to be disposed of first. Web, dispell, Safety Wall, Wall of Fog, Pressure, Soul Burn... All of these skills will go a long way against helping you fight a champ.

IMO, champs aren't as much a threat in WoE/BG as they are in PvP if they run solo. Champ can be an excellent class in either if paired with a decent partner like a linked clown (If the people on the other end have GRs) or a linked Gypsy (If the people on the other end lack GRs). I have wiped entire mildly geared guilds (10-20 people) along with a partner this way in WoE, I assume the same could be done in BG on an unwary party.

Bottom line is, focus on the champ first in GvG.