Best class to start PVPing/BGing with if you have no equips/ gameplay?

Started by Leamee, May 23, 2011, 06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leamee

Hey guys,

I'm currently playing on this straight-to-99 server and lately I've been trying to figure out which classes are the most popular when you don't have much time/ GP/ equips. For one assassins and champions aren't that popular but creators seem to be, along with snipers and professors. Now obviously creator requires next to no gameplay when you're devoed and bragi'ed, neither does a SG high wizard. I'm not saying those classes are so easy AND that any idiot could play them but still, seems to me like when you pick this class since you can buy everything at the NPC with points you can quickly become very powerful.

Anyway, since the BGs are more like mini WOEs it makes sense. Basically I'm trying to understand why people are so attracted to creator DD or professor for that matter.
RO is supposed to be about diversity and well, they kind of fail at encouraging people to play various classes.

PS: I picked Sin X and I'll try to get my password back in order to play creator again so I'm not trying to pick a class, I just want to understand why scholars and creators are so damn popular.

Gene

IMO creators and scholars are popular because you only need basic gear like thara fb etc and you can start doing your job pretty well. With creators(DD) you only need bottles and with profs gems only. They are also popular because you need them in every GVG. How could you kill a fatass devo pally without dd creos or how could you survive massive aoe damage/status dealers without LP. Also in high level WoE a lot of profs are needed. Some for LP spamming while moving, some for casting fog wall in front of LP so that creos will have a block from range reduc/spell failures.

Leamee

It makes sense, I actually like playing creator in BG, I already have about 2000 badges of each kind. I love the fact that you can call plants to detect people and yeah it's a fun class to play. AD is good enough but costs a lot of badges so that's the main problem. Plant bottles and glistening coat also cost quite a few badges but hitting from afar makes you very useful and when I was a Sin X I couldn't help out my team that effectively.
I'd like other people's opinions though.  :)

Malarija

pally is pretty easy aswell
get some npc shield(seeing you wanna start without any eqs) 99 dex 99 vit 25 agi, get some pots, put shield buffs,devo,first aid and pots on bm and you're set
then slowly get bg set, og's etc

Dave-PlayDOT

Mage Class

Reason: IMO, This is the easiest class to start as the first character in the server, can be used for PvP or hunt items/gears.

Neiru

I agree with mage class.
Their downs will only be their weak defense + hp, ability to lose as much sp, and the casting time trigger of their spells.
But nonetheless, their flexibility in their magic-casting is unparalleled.

Archer class is one of the best class to start as well.
A cheap bow and arrow will do the trick, adding those Charge Arrow + DS Spam.

Ace

Mage Class

Followed by Creators

Skill is really for PVP...You cannot counter attack that ^^

EndlessDream

Personally for pvp, I'd say the ones that can deal damage, or atleast land a hit. Avoid classes like LK, WS and stuff which are "mostly" gear dependant.

For bg, I'd just go with any support class.