[Renewal] Need help with job choice

Started by bubiche, Jun 23, 2013, 04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubiche

Well, after playing RO for quite a while I'm a bit lost at what job to choose, since I won't have much time to invest in the game like before, I decided to let you guys choose for me 1 job to play and I'll play that job only /pif
My server is 150/50 renewal high rate,but I don't have MvP cards,normal cards and equips/MvP equips are abundance.I'll be mainly doing BG and the main enemies are Rangers,Genetics and Suras.
Some jobs I find to be interesting to play:Royal Guard,Sorcerer and Shadow Chaser.Can you help me choose between them?
Thanks

jblazer

any of them, just spam a skill and win. thats how renewal works right?

bubiche

umm,I have to admit that renewal requires less skill to play than old school RO but I don't think it's that brain-dead.You still have to know to switch your gears for situations and using appropriate skills.For example SCs have to copy the right skills, know how to annoys people with FSK +statuses and using the right masquerade on them,etc...

Sarin

SC is the ultimate troll character with shadow form and masquerades, but far from any meaningful damage. Sorcerer is an interesting combination of troll skills like dispel, wall of fog or vacuum extreme combined with high melee damage via spell fist or mediocre magic damage. RG can be either ultimate tank or a knight-like char with good tanking and good, but not best melee AoE and some ranged skills.

But as said here, renewal is much easier to play.

Fruit Pie~

Wait, we get to decide on a single job for you to play forever?

Gunslinger.

Also, it's not that renewal is EASIER per se, it just has less trap choices - you can't pick Whitesmith, High Priest or Lord Knight and waste time leveling a horribly ineffective PVP character anymore. All classes are viable (except Archbishops, never make an Archbishop).

EDIT : Between those three, Royal Guard is the easiest to play, Sorcerer has the most variety, Shadow Chaser is "the ultimate troll character" as Sarin mentioned. Out of all these, I'd pick Royal Guard because I like low-effort PVP juggernauts. In fact, who doesn't?

bubiche

^In my server Gunslingers can only get to 99/70 so I don't think I can choose to play one /??
Thanks for your suggestions guys.It's a tie between for RG and Sorc now for me.Just wondering which one is better at farming stuffs since I'll only play that job alone.And against a horde of Rangers(mainly warg type) and Genetics which one works better?

chrone16

Well if your choices are Sorcerers and RGs.
Try sorcerers with proper use of its skills (e.g Ventus with Defensive Spirit Control) putting on Wall of Fog and Safety wall,
rangers won't even hit you and I think sorcerers' skill have a very low fixed cast time so you could reach a proper cast time without mvp cards and all.
For RGs, RGs on my server usually go for a battle type thus, an ASPD RG focusing mainly on Banishing Point.

Roda Frog of Sakray

People are covering good points here for the most part, but they forgot to mention a few things:

1. Sorcs also give pretty good buffes. In fact, playing a DPS GX without a Sorc to buff you is pointless, but with one they can kill whole guilds if given the opportunity.

2. AB's are NOT totally pointless......but compared to the rest of the classes they aren't so great. It's still nice build-wise to have someone increase agi/blessing you unless your on a server where they give said scrolls out free, Lex is still viable, and as far as third class skills go, having an AB casting fulkl AoE kyrie eleison, blessing, increase agi, in addition to the other skills is nice. Finally, Judex/Adoramus are actually decent skills on the right build......but priest class is kinda lackluster in renewal when compared to all previous eras.

3. If you make an RK on a 150/50 Renewal server assuming DB follows officials, a DB RK can actually be quite potent, especially with proper support. In fact, on officials that is pretty much the only RK build you ever see in WoE anymore.
Triper is really awesome! For real!

KeithXFormerX7

I prefer Rg and RK since for Rg,s can be mediocre players with OB,MR,VP and GR, and RK for dragon breath, if you use a very versaTile build which can kill annoying shadow chasers which are weak trolls, and rangers plus warlocks and sorcerers even when theyre fatal at times

Roda Frog of Sakray

Quote from: KeithXFormerX7 on Jun 24, 2013, 12:17 AM
I prefer Rg and RK since for Rg,s can be mediocre players with OB,MR,VP and GR, and RK for dragon breath, if you use a very versaTile build which can kill annoying shadow chasers which are weak trolls, and rangers plus warlocks and sorcerers even when theyre fatal at times

Shadowchasers aren't really "weak" in any sense of the word. Sure, they can't kill on their own....but They have incredible debuffs. Masquerades put freezing back in the game, and with warlocks Jack Frost being able to freeze at a 100% chance, and with freezing producing a predictable element, this is actually quite potent at times. Case in point some of the most devastating things I've seen a GX do was either when everyone on screen had their armor divested through masquerades and were clusterd in one spot. They ended up getting killed with an EDPed Endowed Striking Wind Endowed Rolling Cutter, because they were constantly being frozen. Bloody lust is also not a skill to be trifled with, as the only time I've seen a GX be able to kill anyone with crit was when someone bloody lusted the emp and the GX ran in with Endowed Striking and EDP, and all they had to do was EP and put a VI on whoever they wished to kill. If they noticed they weren't dying fast, then they just threw out a fire converter and the job was done. That's all just concerning GXes, and are far from the only examples. If one were to lose their armor in a DB pre-cast nthats basically guaranteed death, for instance.

Novus Orbis

Quote from: jblazer on Jun 23, 2013, 05:12 AM
any of them, just spam a skill and win. thats how renewal works right?
Spamming is for pre-renewal; In renewal, you have to time your attacks  /ok
But anyways....
Really any class is a good class in renewal. Every class is versatile with many options and skill builds, and mainly depends on the focus of your task in question.

PvM: Warlock, Rune Knight, Ranger
These classes have an amazing range of AoE skills and other powerful attacks and abilities.
PvP(WoE etc.): Any class.
Renewal actually gave all classes the potential to actually fight each other, Including Arch Bishops!*Except for the SL, no one likes the Soul Linkers*
Support: Shadow Chaser, Arch Bishop, Maestro/Wanderer
Ultimate Troll. Ultimate Support. Ultimate Duo
/ene

Roda Frog of Sakray

Quote from: Novus Orbis on Jul 11, 2013, 02:26 AM
Spamming is for pre-renewal; In renewal, you have to time your attacks  /ok
But anyways....
Really any class is a good class in renewal. Every class is versatile with many options and skill builds, and mainly depends on the focus of your task in question.

PvM: Warlock, Rune Knight, Ranger
These classes have an amazing range of AoE skills and other powerful attacks and abilities.
PvP(WoE etc.): Any class.
Renewal actually gave all classes the potential to actually fight each other, Including Arch Bishops!*Except for the SL, no one likes the Soul Linkers*
Support: Shadow Chaser, Arch Bishop, Maestro/Wanderer
Ultimate Troll. Ultimate Support. Ultimate Duo

Soul linkers can't fight anyone but I've seen linked ones troll with their debuffs and actually make an impact. At most a guild can use only one......and it has to be a damn good one at that with another soul linker slave to keep them linked :X.

Eisengrad

Play Sorcerer for immense PvP and horrible PvE.
Royal Guard is a WoE beast especially if you can manage to gather up to 5 royal guards in one guild.
Shadow Chaser didn't change much in role in comparison to before renewal so if you liked them then, you can play them now else leave them be.