[Renewal] class choice

Started by Nuriel, Dec 02, 2014, 04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubin

Quote from: inzanity on Dec 09, 2014, 08:28 AM
And at the end, i want to say that you can have alca bringer with 2 slots.. Making your "theyre all better due to slots" argument silly. (Item ID: 21004) I generally agree that imho TGL is the best 2hand to keep at high refine. The delay and cast is just 2 good.

Quote from: Yozakura on Dec 09, 2014, 11:28 AM
iirc the 2-slot alcabringer loses the attack speed refine bonus, and since it's still a level 3 weapon, VF and Tegron outclass it anyway. Still pretty decent though, given its massive base atk.

wait, so it's possible to get a 2-slotted alca bringer after all? i know it's there at the item database, but didn't think one could get it aside from spawning it via GM commands. mind filling me in the details? and yes, i did google it, but it yields me no actual result.

ggwp

Unless you're using RK with TGK you wont survive taking damage from ashura of a self-buffed shura with +8 Vellum Claw , while any magic damage (even things like amplied TV) is pottable just by using woe white pot / giggling box. Server where WL is great on PvP would be that dumb high rate MvP card (hurr durr WL with FBH , Gioia , Naght Sieger , 2 Elvira is killing people) server or the usual all trash player renewal.

Remember those vellum and kvm weapon are two handed (inb4 every 2 handed player would insta swap weapon every time they finish attack BS). That dumb spell fist sorc wont work on people with brain. They knew they can swap same gears with -xx SP every time unequipped to reach 0 sp and cancel the crystalization before you can finish preparation to do "23k per hit damage spell fist" .

Swapping katar and shield reset your weapon element and you cant enchant poison while cloacking (but you can use endow scroll) , thats why venom impress useless in decent pvp and wont work as mind games. The real mind games is guessing what element each player had (neutral , undead or holy). You wont need to do anymore pve except farming mats with the time it takes to collect 60 clotted spell to get rare enchant time boots. And guess what ? most renewal server out there dont have 100% working old GH memorial dungeon (and the usual unfinished eclage patch + new skill + rebellion at most).

We are talking about renewal private server in general , not current kRO renewal. Dont let emotion cloud your judgement

Yozakura

Quote from: inzanity on Dec 09, 2014, 08:28 AM
Wrong, has been long fixed. Spears and Swords pull from STR as much as other melee class weapons.

Quote from: inzanity on Dec 09, 2014, 04:32 PM
It was always like this. But rAs code was screwed.

Long been fixed, then always like this. OK.

TV isnt the strgonest skill.

It obviously is not, when it comes to practical use. You know how players tend to look at the biggest number formula skills, and assume it's a one-hit KO skill. That's the "strongest skill dilemma." Was Wizard ever a one-hit wonder class? Besides amplified Jupitel Thunder vs Frozen target, no, never. So why expect warlocks to be one-hit wonders? You know Warlocks need a lot of intelligence, right? Yeah, exactly, and so does the player. Can't afford to be dumb.

It dosnt loose its bonus. stop using RMS for refence, its outdated and 90% misleading for anything past 14.1

What kind of renewal player still uses RMS (which is basically a pre-re player haven) as reference?

Pulled out of rAthena, no bonus script, as you can see.

21004,Alca_Bringer_,Alca Bringer,5,20,,3400,280,,2,2,0x00004082,63,2,34,3,100,1,3,{},{},{}

Here's the unslotted Alcabringer:

1191,Alca_Bringer,Alca Bringer,5,20,,3400,280,,2,0,0x00004082,63,2,34,3,100,1,3,{ bonus bAspd,(getrefine()/2); },{},{}

Been like that for ages. Are you telling me they just never bothered fixing over 2~3 years of updates?

Quote from: ggwp on Dec 10, 2014, 08:35 AM
Unless you're using RK with TGK you wont survive taking damage from ashura of a self-buffed shura with +8 Vellum Claw , while any magic damage (even things like amplied TV) is pottable just by using woe white pot / giggling box. Server where WL is great on PvP would be that dumb high rate MvP card (hurr durr WL with FBH , Gioia , Naght Sieger , 2 Elvira is killing people) server or the usual all trash player renewal.

That's what Millennium Shield is for, against skills you can't survive. They're called killing skills for a reason--they're meant to take you down. Stop trying to absorb them, and learn how to time that block.

Swapping katar and shield reset your weapon element and you cant enchant poison while cloacking (but you can use endow scroll) , thats why venom impress useless in decent pvp and wont work as mind games. The real mind games is guessing what element each player had (neutral , undead or holy). You wont need to do anymore pve except farming mats with the time it takes to collect 60 clotted spell to get rare enchant time boots. And guess what ? most renewal server out there dont have 100% working old GH memorial dungeon (and the usual unfinished eclage patch + new skill + rebellion at most).

GX uses Enchant Poison, then Venom Impress on his target. "Smart" opponent assumes this is a trap to make him use Druid armor, and GX's intention is to use a fire-converter while he's cloaked. Opponent anticipates this, and to counter, he swaps to fire armor instead. GX is aware of this, and does not use a fire converter, and instead keeps poison element, and does damage. Poison deals 125% damage vs fire, in addition to Venom Impress's +50% total damage bonus. That stacks up to 187.5% damage, outclasses water's 150% damage.

Holy armor you say? Assuming the target has an angeling card. Not everyone has that. And if it turns out that he does, you can tell easily with the first hit, now back off and plan your next attack. Chances are, this player thinks you're about to pop a Cursed Water, and switch to undead armor, and you can use a fire converter instead.

Oh yeah, has anyone mentioned Dark Crow yet?

Mind games. It's all about playing your cards right, no matter how useless players think they are. In fact, it's more hilarious defeating them with "useless" stuff, don't you think?

It's all about anticipation. The player who can anticipate one step further into the opponent's tactics, wins.

Remember those vellum and kvm weapon are two handed (inb4 every 2 handed player would insta swap weapon every time they finish attack BS). That dumb spell fist sorc wont work on people with brain. They knew they can swap same gears with -xx SP every time unequipped to reach 0 sp and cancel the crystalization before you can finish preparation to do "23k per hit damage spell fist" .

Besides Giant Spear (and its glorious 2k weight) and MVP Katrinn card, most other "drain" items like that take out tiny amounts, good luck getting rid of 2k++ SP before you're destroyed.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

inzanity

First off, huge probs to Yozakura. This guy definitely understood the principle of mindgames. Kudos to you!

Now what imeant with "always like this" is actually something not many people know. So as a little reward ill fill you in.
As you already know RMS is outdated as fck. But so is rAthena. rAthenas code and DB is known to be clusterfck as hell.

First, to give you a few proof points. rAthenas code had Spear+2Hand swords dmg increase by DEX because in rAs code >3 cell range was considered ranged. That means spears were considered ranged, and thus get the boon from dex. HOWEVER, ofc every "clever" ;) person would question that, knowing that spears and weapons with 3 cell range are still melee. iRO wiki has this actually written down in the correct form:
Spoiler
STR

Strength: This stat affects the "melee" physical power of the character, allowing it to deal damage even if no weapons are equipped if a sufficient amount of STR is invested. The STR value is also multiplied to the Weapon ATK value for even more damage increase.

When using "melee-type" weapons such as Axes, Books, Daggers, Katars, Knuckles, Maces, Spears or when Bare Handed, every point of STR provides:

Status ATK +1
    Weapon ATK +0.5% (only on Base Weapon ATK, and this bonus is pseudo-elemental)

When using "ranged-type" weapons such as Bows, Guns, Instruments and Whips, every 5 points of STR provide:

Status ATK +1

DEX
Clockimportant.png This article or section needs to be updated.

Dexterity: This stat affects the accuracy (HIT) of the character in many aspects, allowing it to land hits easier, among other things. It is also the primary stat for "ranged" physical power, and the primary stat for decreasing cast time.

When using "ranged-type" weapons such as Bows, Guns, Instruments and Whips, every point of DEX provides:

Status ATK +1

When using "melee-type" weapons such as Axes, Books, Daggers, Katars, Knuckles, Maces, Spears or when Bare Handed, every 5 points of DEX provide:

Status ATK +1
[close]

Aswell as, from rAthena Github itself...
https://github.com/rathena/rathena/issues/129
You can see that only roughly 2 weeks ago, rAthena was using a false code. :) So technically, yes, "it has always been like that". But smart/decent Server admins fixed it, but only recently it was made public. Every server owner that isnt trash, should implement their own fixes and source edits. You want an edge over other servers right? why make bug fixes public (a****** move i know), when you can keep them to urself advertise with a bug free and more stable server. ;)

So much about the Spear incident, i hope.

Now to get back to the Alca Bringer, and icant believe im still on this... Again, do not take rA DB as final - always right - product. Nanakiwutz is (im sorry but its true) often half assing adding items to the DB, alot of unfinished scripts or missing all together. If you want a real ALMOST ALWAYS accurate info from items, DIRECTLY DATA MINED, then please use divine-pride! :)

http://divine-pride.net/database/item/21004/unknown-item-21004-2

You can see, in the official KRO description it says it keeps it refine bonuses aswell as it 2 slots. And quite frankly, lets be honest, it would be extremly dumb and new to this game, to remove weapon effects after slotting them, right? You can thank me later for this prope DB. ;)
---

I wont reply to ggwp's post, you got your opinion and experience. I wont meddle with that. Neither am i clouded by emotions. Its a matter of fact my Renewal rathena and official biography is a tad longer than yours. Thats all i have to say. Thanks again for Yozakura for being with me here on some of your points.

Just one thing, it doesnt take god/mvp gear for me to tank one shot- skills. If the opposition is using them, yes you need them. If they dont, neither do you.

See'ya

Yozakura

Quote from: inzanity on Dec 11, 2014, 02:23 AM
First off, huge probs to Yozakura. This guy definitely understood the principle of mindgames. Kudos to you!

I wont reply to ggwp's post, you got your opinion and experience. I wont meddle with that. Neither am i clouded by emotions. Its a matter of fact my Renewal rathena and official biography is a tad longer than yours. Thats all i have to say. Thanks again for Yozakura for being with me here on some of your points.

Just one thing, it doesnt take god/mvp gear for me to tank one shot- skills. If the opposition is using them, yes you need them. If they dont, neither do you.

See'ya

Thanks. It's like playing chess, you know? It's so basic. Just because this player is opening with _________ doesn't mean that's what he intends to do, in fact he can be leading you into preparing countermeasures for it, and he likely has powerful countermeasures for that himself. If he's two steps ahead of you, good luck winning.

Quote from: inzanity on Dec 11, 2014, 02:23 AM
Now what imeant with "always like this" is actually something not many people know. So as a little reward ill fill you in.
As you already know RMS is outdated as fck. But so is rAthena. rAthenas code and DB is known to be clusterfck as hell.

First, to give you a few proof points. rAthenas code had Spear+2Hand swords dmg increase by DEX because in rAs code >3 cell range was considered ranged. That means spears were considered ranged, and thus get the boon from dex. HOWEVER, ofc every "clever" ;) person would question that, knowing that spears and weapons with 3 cell range are still melee. iRO wiki has this actually written down in the correct form:
Spoiler
STR

Strength: This stat affects the "melee" physical power of the character, allowing it to deal damage even if no weapons are equipped if a sufficient amount of STR is invested. The STR value is also multiplied to the Weapon ATK value for even more damage increase.

When using "melee-type" weapons such as Axes, Books, Daggers, Katars, Knuckles, Maces, Spears or when Bare Handed, every point of STR provides:

Status ATK +1

When using "ranged-type" weapons such as Bows, Guns, Instruments and Whips, every 5 points of STR provide:

Status ATK +1

DEX
Clockimportant.png This article or section needs to be updated.

Dexterity: This stat affects the accuracy (HIT) of the character in many aspects, allowing it to land hits easier, among other things. It is also the primary stat for "ranged" physical power, and the primary stat for decreasing cast time.

When using "ranged-type" weapons such as Bows, Guns, Instruments and Whips, every point of DEX provides:

Status ATK +1

When using "melee-type" weapons such as Axes, Books, Daggers, Katars, Knuckles, Maces, Spears or when Bare Handed, every 5 points of DEX provide:

Status ATK +1
[close]

Aswell as, from rAthena Github itself...
https://github.com/rathena/rathena/issues/129
You can see that only roughly 2 weeks ago, rAthena was using a false code. :) So technically, yes, "it has always been like that". But smart/decent Server admins fixed it, but only recently it was made public. Every server owner that isnt trash, should implement their own fixes and source edits. You want an edge over other servers right? why make bug fixes public (a****** move i know), when you can keep them to urself advertise with a bug free and more stable server. ;)

So much about the Spear incident, i hope.

Now to get back to the Alca Bringer, and icant believe im still on this... Again, do not take rA DB as final - always right - product. Nanakiwutz is (im sorry but its true) often half assing adding items to the DB, alot of unfinished scripts or missing all together. If you want a real ALMOST ALWAYS accurate info from items, DIRECTLY DATA MINED, then please use divine-pride! :)

http://divine-pride.net/database/item/21004/unknown-item-21004-2

You can see, in the official KRO description it says it keeps it refine bonuses aswell as it 2 slots. And quite frankly, lets be honest, it would be extremly dumb and new to this game, to remove weapon effects after slotting them, right? You can thank me later for this prope DB. ;)
---

Good to know. As for the DEX thing, I guess I didn't bother enough coz it was "the same to me." If ever it's fixed to strength, well, it hardly matters, because like I said, they're both important stats regardless, and at the end of the day, it's "the same to me." xD

As for the database, yeah, I guess you're right. However, there are things that have halved bonuses when they're slotted, like the vintage slotted Rings, Gloves, Necklaces, Earrings, Rosaries and Brooches. There's also the middle headgear Black Devil Mask. All of them normally give +2 on stats, and this drops to +1 when they're slotted. I sort of inferred that the "effect" we keep on the Alcabringer is its ungodly ATK, which is darned good on its own, in addition to the two slots.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

ggwp

Warlock do able to 1 hit people before Hall of Abyss patch with (amplified for someone with brain that use cold proof potion , valk shield , 2 water drop brooch and nyd garb) TV using empowered Aqua sets because old Dragon Breath force people to use Lucius[Marc]

Not everyone have Millenium Shield , sharing it would need newest skill patch Lux Anima rune with 3 Gold as ingredients. I just said RK just for comparison because if RK have the most HP still die to damage from Vellum Claw G-fist , every other job will die too.

Read the sentence before the bolded part /ok Why would you need to afraid fire damage on undead armor ? Valk Shield + Fireproof potion (and add another -20% resist from undead scroll on some dumb server with dark wing on hat maker) is 40% fire reduce so 150% x 60% = 90%. The target could have Piety (or holy scroll on some dumb server with white wing on hatmaker) instead if you going to say GX use aspersio. This is what I meant with "neutral / undead / holy armor guessing game"

Get 2 four slotted weapons. Put 4 weapon card that have -50 sp when unequpped on there (like red ferus). Put the weapon on F7/F8 slot and activate /q2. Scroll your mouse when getting crystalized until sp reach 0. Use some sp item. Kill the dumb Sorc.

Knowing 1-2 steps ahead doesnt work when your opponent knows everything  /ho
Time to retired from RO as christmas present for everyone so other people can have a chance competing Renewal server without me  /heh

Yozakura

Quote from: ggwp on Dec 27, 2014, 02:44 AM
Warlock do able to 1 hit people before Hall of Abyss patch with (amplified for someone with brain that use cold proof potion , valk shield , 2 water drop brooch and nyd garb) TV using empowered Aqua sets because old Dragon Breath force people to use Lucius[Marc]

People are so predictable when they just do what everyone else does, instead of thinking of their own tactics themselves.

Not everyone have Millenium Shield , sharing it would need newest skill patch Lux Anima rune with 3 Gold as ingredients. I just said RK just for comparison because if RK have the most HP still die to damage from Vellum Claw G-fist , every other job will die too.

Not my problem if other people don't have it, right?

Read the sentence before the bolded part /ok Why would you need to afraid fire damage on undead armor ? Valk Shield + Fireproof potion (and add another -20% resist from undead scroll on some dumb server with dark wing on hat maker) is 40% fire reduce so 150% x 60% = 90%. The target could have Piety (or holy scroll on some dumb server with white wing on hatmaker) instead if you going to say GX use aspersio. This is what I meant with "neutral / undead / holy armor guessing game"

What kind of s*** servers have you been playing? Some high rate "you have it all" thing? lol

OK, that was out of place, but sorry, I just can't help it lol. Just lol.

Get 2 four slotted weapons. Put 4 weapon card that have -50 sp when unequpped on there (like red ferus). Put the weapon on F7/F8 slot and activate /q2. Scroll your mouse when getting crystalized until sp reach 0. Use some sp item. Kill the dumb Sorc.

Or just use a Nauthiz rune before you approach the Sorc. 1 minute immunity. I don't know why you people love skipping out on Rune Mastery.

Knowing 1-2 steps ahead doesnt work when your opponent knows everything  /ho
Time to retired from RO as christmas present for everyone so other people can have a chance competing Renewal server without me  /heh

If your opponent knows everything, that includes his own weaknesses. If you don't know that, then too bad, you don't know everything.

» 新劇の雀蜂 «