[Non-Renewal] Thara & Demi VS Orgretooth & Medium Resist

Started by Kaleidoscope, Nov 08, 2016, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaleidoscope

So im playing a super high rate server that offers 2 slotted shields and 4 slotted armors/ equipment. Im trying to figure out what the best type of resist would be for general use.

I Mainly play champion, WS, LK, SG

I normally use 2 orgretooth + platinum shield, but with some testing, i think demi resist from thara is better? How does this stack with medium? should it be better to use valk shield for the elemental resist with thara or maybe orgetooth....

Some feedback would be appreciated!

Please no flaming this post. This is purely for educational purposes.

Honorable card edits on server.

Horn = 15% range

Noxious 5% range

Alligator - 3% range

seyren windsor is 100 str (no refine needed)

Gtb is 25% reduction to magical damage

Maya 20% chance

frus is nerferd.

Zereges

Quote from: Kaleidoscope on Nov 08, 2016, 06:51 PM
Im trying to figure out what the best type of resist would be for general use.

General use in PVP? Or both PVM and PVP?
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Kaleidoscope

Pvp, specifically.

"General use" meaning: against all around damage. Trying to figure out the formula and how the stacking works between the two and which combination would reduce more overall damage from players.

Zereges

They stack multiplicatively. 50% from demi humans and 50% from medium would give you 75% reduction to medium demi humans.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Kaleidoscope

So, lets say im using this set up.

Top head gear - 10% reduction to demi

Weapon - 10% reduction from demi

platinum shield - 15% from medium ( now to get a more solid resist, which one should i pick? Thara or Tirfing? )

Satos

Well, considering Thara is a 30% reduction and Ogretooth/Tirfing is a 25% reduction +1 def....
With your other gears listed:

QuoteTop head gear - 10% reduction to demi
Weapon - 10% reduction from demi
platinum shield - 15% from medium

You've already got 20% demi-human, and 15% medium.
If you can double stack the same card in a shield:
Double Thara would bring you up to 80% demi-human and 15% Medium reduction
Double Tirfing would bring you up to 20% demi-human and 65% Medium reduction, plus 2 def.
Thara and Tirfing would bring you up to 50% demi-human and 40% Medium reduction plus 1 def.

Here's the math:

Double Thara = 1.0 * 0.2 * 0.85 = 0.17, or a total of 83% damage reduction.
Double Tirfing = 1.0 * 0.8 * 0.35 * 0.98 = 0.2744, or a total of 72.56% damage reduction.
Thara and Tirfing = 1.0 * 0.5 * 0.6 * 0.99 = 0.297, or a total of 70.3% damage reduction.

Don't forget that your def is also going to reduce your damage received by a % also.
Pre-Renewal was straight up def % reduced.  So if your gears gave you 37 def.  You'd have a 37% damage reduction.
So just tack that on in the formula, and you'll have a good estimate of your damage reduction.

General idea is that everything stacks additively with itself, and multiplicative with everything that's not it.
But it figures based on damage received....so an 80% demi-human reduction would get figured in as 20% damage received from demi-human...
Hence the 0.2 in the double Thara formula.
And then VIT is subtracted from the very end.

So, ([Total Race]*[Total Size]*[Total Element]*[Total Range]*[Total def]*[Assumptio]) - Total VIT = Total damage

It's not the prettiest representation of the formula.  If I took more time, I could make it complete and in proper math.
But it gets the idea across.

That's why your Tank classes have high VIT.  VIT without def doesn't reduce much.  But if you have 70 def, and some % race/size/element reductions...that 1000 damage is coming down to 150ish....then you subtract out 100 VIT....and you're only taking 50 damage per hit.
That VIT is acting like another 67% damage reduction.

If you do switch to that Valk Shield....just subtract 15 from your [Total Size], and add the 20% Water reduction to the [Total Element] in your formula....if you're taking water damage.  If you're taking Earth damage....obviously the Water Element reduction won't factor in.

So unless you're only getting hit with Water or Fire; I'd vote to stick with the size reduction from the Platinum Shield.

Kaleidoscope

OMG... thank you! That is exactly what i was looking for, "the Math".

The def on this server isnt used for damage reduction, its level cap is 999 with stats of 1k so we try to balance enough so we are not thana bait but with adequate HP. Unless you think there is a way reduce more damage playing around with my def? Refinement rate is at 100. Any ideas?

ggwp

The answer for this type server is always SinX.
Dual wielding Grimtooth negate your Def to 0+0 even with 1000 vit.

4x Odium card - Tidal
3x TGK 1x Marc  / 1x TGK , 2x Ancient Mimic , 1x Marc - Lucius
4x Raydric - Vali Manteau , 2x Dustiness 2x Hode - Proxy
2x Giearth , 2x Giant Hornet, 8x Leaf Cat
2x RoFL / 2x Rogue Treasure

High enough flee to dodge non Sniper and other Sinx , 95% anti neutral for Ashura and Acid , took 20% or less damage from 4 basic magic elements.

==========

Screw Platinum shield and those math , Valk shield is no 1 choice because you need those element resist more than 15% medium resist