Worst MvP Card.

Started by Greed, Mar 02, 2009, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: mahawirasd on Mar 04, 2009, 09:42 PM
Osiris.... doing MVP runs with a priest with low res? that will get your squad killed. The main reason to take lvl 4 res is not the HP percentage recovered, but the cast time...
so yeah Osiris is useful with Kaizel, but other than that?
try a two person party
asura -> suicide -> resurrection with full hp and sp -> repeat

x3 and i'll respond with more later.... im kinda tired right now >.>

Posted on: Mar 04, 2009, 07:54 pm
and doppel?
what's the point of having more Aspd if you sacrifice one slot for it?
more often than not damage output makes up for more DPS than Aspd...
that depends, theres a few builds, aka the auto caster builds that require just as much aspd as they do auto cast cards
so in that case its just a matter of being able to land more hits over being able to have more card effects

drake is also not that great, even if there's no resetter and you're going for a DD sin you could still use katars (even if you don't take the mastery) for decent damage output...
it may not be the absolute best for things like PvP and WoE, but if you only ever use one weapon no matter what kind of monster your killing its not half bad

moonlight might be useful in some cases, however as the property of increased move speed is often debatable, getting a bloody axe for some classes or custom headgears or even the stalker set might be easier than spawn-camping moonlight X times just to get its card...
no real arguments here

GM Lif

What about things like quagmire, agi down, or slow grace in WoE?
Wouldn't a Moonlight Flower card come in handy there?

Relics

Quote from: GM Lif on Mar 04, 2009, 11:29 PM
What about things like quagmire, agi down, or slow grace in WoE?
Wouldn't a Moonlight Flower card come in handy there?

Ehh if you can sacrifice 20% hp from tidal wools.., but in WoE I'd speedpot/thunder.

the only reason I <3 moonie is because it's a nice tag for uh champs and stuff in PvP. Ofcourse speedpot can be used instead of moonie.. and it's probably better because you don't lose 20% HP for the time running at your opponent and then tagging back to HP tidals.

CookieEater

Quote from: Relics on Mar 05, 2009, 03:03 AM
Ehh if you can sacrifice 20% hp from tidal wools.., but in WoE I'd speedpot/thunder.

the only reason I <3 moonie is because it's a nice tag for uh champs and stuff in PvP. Ofcourse speedpot can be used instead of moonie.. and it's probably better because you don't lose 20% HP for the time running at your opponent and then tagging back to HP tidals.
You only lose 10%. And 10% HP bonus, not your actual HP.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Loki

Certain card depends on your job and builds. Getting a moonie card for champ is a good idea against ranged class since they can Pneuma. Even if you did Snap close to them, they do have legs, in this case, a mouse. Switching shoes is the way to go, I say. Its also good for PvE as well.

Whereas Eddga, I don't see any use for it in WoE, maybe in PvP but not both. But I think you'd die first from the HP reduction of the card.

Hence, I vote for Eddga.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Omi

osiris

thats why we have inns and priests

Life

Drake and Osiris. Is better going in party with someone who knows weapont perfection, is the same...

and Osiris... well... i like a INN for that things, instead of put a card like that in some part

Can be handy in some PvP pinch, switching parts, but nothing more

Konata

Drake hands down. Eddga is pretty bad on it's own, but when you pair it with RSX it's a pretty nice combo.

One of the funniest markets I ever saw; BurnRO- someone vending Drake for 50k. P. Server or not, that was hilarious.

Lookkidsitsme

[color=orange]AwtzRO
[/color]

NEW INTERNATIONAL SERVER ~ 10X/10X/3X ~ ENDLESS TOWERS ~ SEAL SHRINE ~ FULL UPDATED TO 13-1 ~ PVP/MVP RANKING SYSTEM ~ ALL BASIC @COMMANDS ~ MUCH MUCH MORE ~

mahawirasd

well i understand the uses in asura-cide, but i value that accessory spot for better damage output on my asura... but perhaps it does save you some blue pots / ygg seeds or berries... personally i would still go with monk combo set or morpheus accs...

autocasting is great, i have a sage just for that. BUT for high agi low dex sages, it's better to just use dagger of counter (for the constant damage output while the autocast part is for the extra damage) or get a sage's diary and put cecil damon and garm baby. Marina, savage bebe, metaller, magnolia, etc needs to hit to get it's effect while garm baby doesn't. And for the sake of autocasting itself, 2x Cecil = Doppel anyway...
Well perhaps high dex and/or high agi chars (hunters, snipers, sins, knights, etc) who deems it necessary to have a status weapon (usually 4-slotted) would like to have doppel-marina-savage bebe-metaller as opposed to cecil-marina-savage bebe-metaller due to the HIT penalty, but still it's uses are limited...
Bottomline is: it's not effective -in terms of marginal utility per pay- so perhaps SHRs can enjoy these cards aplenty but definitely not LRs...

again, the no-resetter problem is usually reserved for LRs and then in LRs the best way to level a DD sin would still be to use Katars first because DDs are equipment-intensive (read: costly) and i don't think it's wise to make a DD sin for PVM -> DDs shine most as breakers IMHO. So carding a drake card to a MG[4] would be the last thing a DD should do because DDs should utilize all the slots to maximize it's damage potential to break the emp and in most cases emps are small anyway...

-w-