Worst MvP Card.

Started by Greed, Mar 02, 2009, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poki

For me, it shall be either Dracula, Eddga, or Osiris.
I believe you can`t switch equips when you`re dead and you wouldn`t want to wear Osiris in your accessory for most occasions.
Dracula is just terrible, I can`t seem to think of any class who would switch Dracula over Hydra card just so that they have a 10% to recover SP.
Eddga... I can`t find myself ever using it.

Mania

I agree with the Dracula card.

Aaronock

Dracula I thought was for SG's and their heat skill? 

CookieEater

Frenzy LKs use Dracula and other SP-gaining cards so that they can re-buff everytime Frenzy ends. Baphomet is usefull for ASPD-based PvEers.
So I'm still gonna stick with Eddga due to the huge HP nerf. Flee characters should never mob unless they're Perfect Dodgers, due to Flee penalties for every mob beyond the 2nd.

And Osiris is in the 'useless' category. Being ressed with full health and SP is awesome, but when will you ever need it?
P.s., Greed? 'Useless' does not mean 'not often used' as you claimed in the other topic. It means 'has no use' and even if you were right, not being used often does not automatically mean 'is very bad'.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Relics

Meh, eddga should be tagged if you're in a sticky situation .. but it's not super useful.

imo drake is the most useless.. and under drake is dopple.

As for other MvP cards, these are pretty underpowered for an mvp card or outclassed by other cards.. i think:

Osiris card
High Priest card
General Egnigem Cenia
Sniper card
Dracula card
Pharaoh card (debatable, i still think it needed a little more to be an mvp card)

and ofcourse drake doppel eddga
__

baphomet is useful for the correct situation, when you're surrounded by alot of people.. like near emps or something.
can also prove useful in leveling

Moonie is <33333 srsly.

Sarin

Moonie is useless, as it can be replaced by items (speed pots) when you really need it.

Dopple has its uses...tho in most cases there are better possibilities. Any MvP card, in fact almost any card has moments when it is the best possibility, but in most cases it is PvM/MvP, not PvP/WoE, so most people consider them useless.
Want an example? Agi based DD sin, facing lots of medium/large mobs. No resetter, future empbreaker. Your main weapon is high atk, one slot dagger (assassin dagger [1] possibly)...so what card are you gonna use for leveling? This is when Drake gets useful. But since most such cases are very specific...also note that when these cards were relased, RO was totally different and they might be desired at those times.

GarmSter

eddga ... XD .. hahah ... dont need endure .. cuz all of my characters are LK .. XD i mean most of them .. =]

blackgh05t

Have you ever seen a WS with a Dracula in his/her weap?  It is mighy useful.
eos
Est. 2008

Sarin

...sacrificing some DPS, that is the core of WS, for something that can be made up by pots, on character with extremely high carry weight. Another Zipper Bear would most be better in most cases.

Littlechan

I think...Osiris? as most p.server have healer now, and you won't wear (and maybe won't remember to wear osiris when you're near death) =O

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Osiris has its moments, one of which is mvp'ing on a asura champ with a priest that has a low level resurrection

the 100% hp and sp comes in major handy then =3

Poki

Apparently Dracula isn't that bad at all.  Guess my assumptions were wrong.
Osiris can be sometimes good such as a Paladin and a Hi-- Oh wait, the paladin will die anyways.

spyro

Quote from: Aaronock on Mar 02, 2009, 07:58 PM
Bapho or Dopple, both have been nerfed far too much.
Eddga is amazing on priests who drag tank also...even with the drawback >_>
Drake would be my third choice of mvp cards that kind of suck.

Osiris kind of is weak but really great with soul linker's kaizel...so it is useful at least for something.
Moonlight is a good card too, its use is harder to see, but stalkers with chasewalk+agi up+link=lol (but peco peco hairband kind of just is easier to get in most servers).
i agree drake card sucks it has no use

A92FL0163

1.Drake
2.Eddga
3.Tanee (The ones that are going to scream "Good for Champions", we're discussing about all classes here, if it was to say the utility for just one class, I would be saying Osiris is good for SL, so it can't be listed as a bad card, or Beelzebub for taekwon masters, since taekwon masters have no use for it, it is a bad card?)

My list.

mahawirasd

Osiris.... doing MVP runs with a priest with low res? that will get your squad killed. The main reason to take lvl 4 res is not the HP percentage recovered, but the cast time...
so yeah Osiris is useful with Kaizel, but other than that?

and doppel?
what's the point of having more Aspd if you sacrifice one slot for it?
more often than not damage output makes up for more DPS than Aspd...

drake is also not that great, even if there's no resetter and you're going for a DD sin you could still use katars (even if you don't take the mastery) for decent damage output...

moonlight might be useful in some cases, however as the property of increased move speed is often debatable, getting a bloody axe for some classes or custom headgears or even the stalker set might be easier than spawn-camping moonlight X times just to get its card...

and in defense of eddga, perma endure >>>>> regular endure. Regular endure = limited number of hits.
Of course grim-mobbing sins should bring 2x fortune sword, but getting hit = delay and often time this means death.

dracula and sniper is really for those ppl too lazy to change their levelling equipment or too lazy to make specific weapons and definitely too lazy to hunt/bring ygg seeds/berries...

tanee is good for champs and also for SP-replenishing profs. Well some ppl like their profs to have more HP, but seriously, profs are not meant to tank, and equipment changing is your friend...

so in the end, i think the worst is Drake. Making a general weapon with damage cards is much more useful most of the time, "good" leveling spots are a plenty and they don't need MVP cards (well unless you're lazy and would like to use dracula and sniper)...

-w-