Will RO Mobile kill private servers?

Started by robin_alifai, Jan 05, 2017, 02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robin_alifai

One of many private servers im playing is going to shut down soon. Among many reasons given is because
the owner thinks RO Mobile will kill it anyway.

Comment?

Edit: it seems from the reply that many are not aware that there is one company from China is developing the Ragnarok Mobile. This game is said to preserve the original features as much as possible.

Some news and video trailer below:

http://2p.com/44082537_1/Ragnarok-Mobile-Hands-on-Review-Bringing-Back-All-the-Nostalgic-RO-Experience-by-cindyhio.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4qZQzZi1n0

draugadrottinn

it might kills some server but some players who still loves playing old RO will choose to play on some guaranteed private servers. even my country going to release new official server.

StriderHiryuu

Maybe, but in my opinion, Ragnarok is best played in Computer rather than in Mobile. I never enjoyed playing mobile games

zfv6

to tell you the truth im not quiet sure in my opinion RO mobil is a good idea specialy for those who love ragnarok but because of life ( work/school family and other stuff) dont have much time to sit at a computer playing RO now if the mobile version would be crossplatform ( aka same server as the computer version as in i stop playing on the computer log off and head out and log back in on my fone while riding the bus or train or whatever would be awesome and if im not mistaken chaosRO has already started doing something like that

draugadrottinn

Quote from: zfv6 on Jan 05, 2017, 07:29 AM
to tell you the truth im not quiet sure in my opinion RO mobil is a good idea specialy for those who love ragnarok but because of life ( work/school family and other stuff) dont have much time to sit at a computer playing RO now if the mobile version would be crossplatform ( aka same server as the computer version as in i stop playing on the computer log off and head out and log back in on my fone while riding the bus or train or whatever would be awesome and if im not mistaken chaosRO has already started doing something like that
i think he is talking about RO mobile like RO path of heroes etc. not the RO1 with mobile platform version. that RO1 mobile platform version is a good idea but i dont think u can do much things with it. i tried their browser version and it really not recommended to go farming.

Bakorzero

It also probably gonna attract new people about Ragnarok, and new people that really curious about Ragnarok will look more and perhaps they might actually interested to try some privater server on pc/client 
A flower of hope — a bond tying us together
Now grows within our hearts.
Forever unwilting, it gives us the power to go on living

yC

RO Mobile looks great from the clips I watched but those of us that played RO on desktop for many years wouldn't be so interested in switching to it.  At least for me I can't look at a mobile device for hours so that 1x~5x farming life and leveling is out of the question.  I believe everything will go fast in mobile just like other time killer mobile games which I am afraid doesn't offer much to explorer compare to the original RO.

robin_alifai

Im joining the closed beta test today. They will open it for open beta test this 19th January. So far, it looks promising other than language issue (it is in Chinese language). Luckily, there already good people who works on english translation. If this become successful, I think this will be the real reborn of RO after the failure of RO2 and ToS.

Regarding the playability on PC, im using Nox (android emulator for PC) and everything run smoothly. I even can custom the keys so no issue eventhough the game is originally designed to be played on touchscreen. So I dont think PC player would have anything to complaint. Here are some pics.

http://imgur.com/a/MMSAe

RagnaBest

remind me of ToS, people hype for nothing and after realize ToS sux.. most people end up playing old school RO again..anyway IMO mobile game is 100 time more vulnerable to hack and bot than PC game with guard protection of coz..BOT/HACK will totaly destroy the gameplay and this what happen to Pokemon GO now..

Costello

zfv6

Quote from: draugadrottinn on Jan 05, 2017, 10:02 AM
i think he is talking about RO mobile like RO path of heroes etc. not the RO1 with mobile platform version. that RO1 mobile platform version is a good idea but i dont think u can do much things with it. i tried their browser version and it really not recommended to go farming.

i played it for a few days to see what its like and to tell you the truth i liked it i would love to see a crossplatform server where players on mobile and interact with players on the pc and vise versa prob not good for farming or pvp/mvp but for those who love playing ragnarok but dont have the time to level up could use this while riding the train to work or like me who cant JUST fall a sleep i play on the fone for about an hour or two before i can actualy fall asleep but if i was to play it on pc id never fall asleep and thats just crazy xD

i played it on a s*** samsung galaxy s4 mini and it worked well ( s*** i mean hardware has been damaged and its extremely slow and laggy) but players on a taplet could take it so much further

DontPingMe

Assuming it will only be available for Android, probably not.
As mentioned previously, it's going to be another poorly managed hype train that will restrict foreigners from accessing.

Xarale

As appealing and awesome as it looks, I personally can't see myself dedicating much time to an RO mobile game.

Besides, how easy will it be to access/play outside of China?

I can't see it killing any private servers imo.

-X.

Neffletics

I've tried it, I like it but I do not find it addicting (or maybe it's just me). It will attract new people if advertised properly, referring to players with zero Ragnarok knowledge. I haven't checked the cash shop but I am assuming that it's going to be a very cash extensive game.

tl;dr It's good but as an old guy who doesn't enjoy mobile games and who's used to the Ragnarok PC Game, I don't find it addictive. So people with the same perspective like mine will still end up playing RO1 after few months in the mobile game.
solacero rip

Menace2Society

Lol, no this ripoff junk will not kill off RO and anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong. Just look at how big a failure RO2 and ToS are and those are newer engine PC games. Mobile games are severely limited and will never beat a mouse and keyboard PC game.