why ragnarok?

Started by Void, Jul 11, 2014, 10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eKoh

personally I really like the Party going the intense pvp, killing hard mvps and the crazy woes

also when the community is well going is really fun, it is a better social media than facebook and others =)!
We are a Pre-Renewal Midrate. Looking for the most
competitive
scene in Pvp, Mvp, and Hunting!

Grand Opening this July 15th!
Visit Aria-RO.com

Bue

BGM and Sound Effect.

The rest is OK.

leokimah

There really is no other MMO with a fast paced combat system like RO.

Pretty much the only reason I play (came back) is because of WoE.

mogudev

Played many other games, many of them were 3D games but RO is still  more rich in features. Whenever i go to other games what makes me miss is RO's card system. I also liked the simple graphics which allows it to run on my crappy laptop.

dontknowright

RO is brilliant and fun in its simplicity.

Yozakura

The freedom. Unlike most other games which are just sets of do this, then do that, and so on; you're free to do whatever you want in RO, play the game your way, build your class your way. Nearly all classes have the flexibility to be built around your style, whether we're talking renewal or pre-renewal. You can grind, you can quest, you can MVP, you can solo, you can do raids. You can WoE, you can PVP, you can idle around and show off your hat collection, or you can enjoy being a jerk. You can be a VITless Rune Knight or a Battle Priest or a tank Prof, and still have a viable character, given you actually learn how to use it. It's a game, after all. Play it your way.

No other game offers that like RO does, really.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Deacon

Good game, good following. More smart people and fewer cunts, mostly. Not that that makes me want to play RO right now, though. I mean, I'm nice with cunts even. I'm just a little cunted out right now.
This server is delisted, please notify the server owner.
It might be because this listing does not meet our Basic Server Requirements, the server is no longer available or the server owner have chosen to take this listing offline.

Zakin

Everyone pretty much said everything I would say so here it is.

The whole WoE thing is totally awesome, I can't find anything close to it.
It is EASY to make fan art and RO vids.
Everyone can relate to it.
Its an open free world.
etc, etc, etc.
I can go on forever. Overall it has that sort of Nintendo/RPG feeling to it.

And the game only dies if the players make it die. Personally, there is no such thing as a dead game only a dead server (Speaking from experience)
ALSO Ragnarok Online is NOT THAT OLD . Old is is Pokemon but people treat it like it is a new game and that is how I.. we should treat RO whenever they update it.

Playtester

(The following refers mostly to pre-renewal only.)

- Random monster spawn location: You actually have to explore to find more monster instead of just staying next to spawn spot like in all other MMORPGs
- Party-friendly, mostly due to it being grind-driven (can party with anyone +-10 levels) rather than quest-driven (aka "sorry, we can't party, I'm doing a different quest")
- Unlinear progression
- High difficulty, players need to be good at the game for the harder dungeon, it's not as skill based as action MMORPGs, but I'm glad it requires at least some skill

Deacon

Quote from: Playtester on Sep 08, 2014, 04:19 AM

Like donkey it does.
This server is delisted, please notify the server owner.
It might be because this listing does not meet our Basic Server Requirements, the server is no longer available or the server owner have chosen to take this listing offline.

Playtester

Renewal still has random spawn locations, but it's much less party friendly, has a somewhat linear progression due to Eden Quests and the difficulty is much lower.

Yozakura

Quote from: Playtester on Sep 08, 2014, 04:19 AM

- Random monster spawn location: You actually have to explore to find more monster instead of just staying next to spawn spot like in all other MMORPGs
- Party-friendly, mostly due to it being grind-driven (can party with anyone +-10 levels) rather than quest-driven (aka "sorry, we can't party, I'm doing a different quest")
- Unlinear progression
- High difficulty, players need to be good at the game for the harder dungeon, it's not as skill based as action MMORPGs, but I'm glad it requires at least some skill

Quote from: Playtester on Sep 09, 2014, 02:32 PM
Renewal still has random spawn locations, but it's much less party friendly, has a somewhat linear progression due to Eden Quests and the difficulty is much lower.

ALL of it applies to renewal as well, by the way. Lower difficulty level only applies to the first 99 levels. Getting through 100~135 is a major pain, and it's severely party-oriented at 135+. I agree renewal can be linear due to most people doing the same things, grinding the same areas and going the same routes, but there are plenty of options which most people miss (and don't know), which covers enough for that. Players are both commended and dissed for not going the usual routes, primarily due to it being the harsh solo road (good luck finding a party). Not really quest-oriented, as the Eden quests are just an option, and it is viable to grind instead of doing the quests. Not to mention they're gone post 100, it's back to the grindfest.

"On that day, the bees received a grim reminder. They lived in fear of the hornets and were disgraced to live in these cages they called hives."

» 新劇の雀蜂 «

Ein

I dunno why. I just got dragged by a friend 2 years ago and well...

Spoiler
I like the community.
[close]
too lazy to design a siggy

Zeal

Ragnarok is still the best MMO to thousands of people, they get to know the mechanics and know the game inside out meaning they dont really want to learn that all over again in a different game.

Plus the amazing 2D graphics :)

Zeal Ragnarok Online | Coming Soon | Join Our Community
www.zealro.com

Orange

The game is simplified a lot(in some ways)
Stats are easy to understand and make sense, most equips are very straitforward - weapons generally just have attack and a few stats/slots, cards are just strait up stuff like "+3 dex" compared to the stats in WoW(RO both armor and MDEF are 1 = 1% resistance, WoW for example has like 8 different types of block/damage absorb/armor/mitigation)
The cell based floor is also really awesome, "range 6 cells/5x5 aoe" is a lot more straitforward than "fires a long range missile/deals damage in a 1200 AOE"

The main thing for me though is there is no force fed boring as hell storyline, the last 5 or so MMORPG's I've played have all been the same, start the game be handed quest after quest that are totally uninteresting(There is a quest in ArcheAge where play rock paper scissors. EXP reward is worth the same as ~15 mobs in the same area). If you don't like it and want to grind mobs you level 10x slower. There are few quests, but they are rewarding and interesting as hell.

Pretty much everything about RO though, combat/the way monsters work/MvP's I just find is done better than any other game.
:3