Estamated Death Time of RO

1-4 Years or Less
5-9 Years
10-14 Years
14-18 Years
19-23 Years or More

so sadly RO is a dying game and i dun mean certain servers
sadly ppl r losing interest in it or there just moving on to diff games
so i'm wondering when ppl think ro is gona be like dead and by dead i mean that the highest populated server has only like 500 ppl playing it

so when does everyone think RO is gona be pretty much dead?
i say in about 30ish years no ones gona be playing RO

asdfqwerty123

I would say less than three years after the official (not beta) English version of Ragnarok Online 2 before most major servers die off.

Friends move on, people adjust, the players look back in nostalgia at a previous version, and forget about it.

I'm not likely to move on to Ragnarok Online 2 since there probably won't be good server emulators for it.

I would say the average game-life span for a casual MMORPG gamer is roughly six months to a year.

More than likely, once the servers start to grind to a halt they'll force people to move to RO2 or quit by going offline.

Hosting costs too much money to keep old versions of games up for too long.

I'm somewhat looking forward to new generation MMORPG's, even if they aren't all that revolutionary.

I'll probably try out PristonTale2 once they get a decent English version up and running as long as it's not entirely p2p.

Kurogasa

RO2 seems to play nothing like ro. It has similar elements story and name wise(item/skill names etc) but its a completely different type of game from what ive seen so i doubt people will move straight to it. Similar to how The recent Shadowrun game that came out for xbox is nothing like the original rpg Shadowruns(its a crappy 3rd person shooter in its latest incaranation -.-) yet it uses some of the distinctive things of the series(magics mercenaries story stuff). The Super nes version was the best.. but the actual original game was pen and paper... completely off topic i know.

Im considering moving to Guildwars myself. It is competetively based nice playstyle and extremely balanced. They pay quite a bit of attention to balance since tournaments and competitive play in general is a big part of the game. Also helps that theres no monthly fee.. although in order to have the full range of skills and classes for pvp you have to buy all of the chapters(or at least most of them.. i believe you can leave off the very first one) which could sum up to around 150-200$ Nevertheless im considering it. The pvp modes there is skill/strategy/teamwork based and not level/time/wealth based. Even the non popular builds can be very powerful with proper use.. this seems perfect for me.

Dx it seems most ppl think RO is gona be dead within ten years how depressing T_T

ExcaliburLost

Why muse over when it will die when one could enjoy it while it lasts?

asdfqwerty123

Quote from: JJJ on Oct 02, 2007, 09:40 PM
Dx it seems most ppl think RO is gona be dead within ten years how depressing T_T

In ten years you won't even be their target market anyway.  I'm sure you'll find something else before then.

Ambrose Merle

-is drinking water and staring much like L does- I find this post amusing... Ro will survive years after it's gone becuase someone will refuse to let go, such is life. I've already gotten bored with Ro, I stay on to help other players, if a majority of the servers do die out soon though, I'm gone without notice. If you want a good game a bit closer to RO than most, try some of the Forgotten Realms series by Wizards of the Sword Coast, I hear they are even gonna be going MMORPG soon... Another WoW maybe...? Ok back to work I go~ Have fun everyone, and no trolling~ Everyone knows what happens the trolls -points at the decapitated head on his wall with a gold panel below it labeled "troll"- Just ask Zairik or Emerelda what happens to them, after all, they're proffesional troll hunters ;D

--edit--
... The two who voted 50 years or more proved my first point... No offense, it is a good game and can be played solo after all -shifty eyes- not that I'd know o.o

yC

i dont like the poll option, min 10 yr is too much, u should have 1-2yr, 2-5yr, 5-10 etc

bensei

Quote from: yC on Oct 10, 2007, 11:01 PM
i dont like the poll option, min 10 yr is too much, u should have 1-2yr, 2-5yr, 5-10 etc
i agree, if i could vote, i'd say maybe 3 more years.

lol there its got lower numbers XDD happy?

its still depressing alot of ppl play this game till there around 20 - 25 (the oldest player i new was 46)
but i dun think i'd be able to stop with RO XD even though i dun lvl or do anything i just chit chat~

bensei

if your using ro just for chatting purposes, quitting wouldnt be too hard for you, since you could simply use a instant messanger ti replace ro for you.

games are -always- nice for a time. But youll see, you get older, play other games, you move on. Someday Ro will just bore you. Thats the destiny of every game. It has to end someday.

yC

don't forget there are new blood coming in everyday (yea because it is "free" ...)

and older players come back to play it after some time too.

Heh, 46 isn't the oldest.  I heard there are grandpa and house wife type playing it.

lol well i would use IRC but i hate IRC
so i chat in game XD

Rbread

I'd say either 1-2 years.

Skeith

Well since those new classes are going to be implemented in 2008 (or so some resources say) Id say in oh....over 2 years, or whenever they stop updating and just drop it haha. I myself have "quit" RO many times due to boredom, but after you stop playing for a good amount of time, someone reminds you of the game and all the fun you had, and it just makes you want to play again, experience WoE again. Face it, RO is fun lol.