When did you start playing Ragnarok Online?

Started by yC, Mar 11, 2012, 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When did you start playing Ragnarok Online?  Be it Official or Private.

2000 or before
2001-2002
2003-2004
2005-2006
2007-2008
2009-2010
2011-2012
2013-2014
2015 or after

cauyao615

i started playing when i was in 1st year highschool that was 2003-2004

i wanted to be one of the "cool kids" cuz my classmates and friends kept talking about ragnarok every break time...and i felt so outcasted
i was a fan of rpg games on ps1 and ps2 and they told me it was like final fantasy, so that really caught my interest and i tried it out...back then it was not free and you needed a card to play...but when you are new you get free 4 hrs of playing...when i was playing, i really liked it because im playing with my friends and a lot of players all around the country...i remember chasing all female characters in game and giving them the kiss emoticons XD...we were 4 new players that tried the game that day...i was the 1st one to job changed to a swordsman
but didnt really played it that much that year cuz its kinda expensive to play...i dont have my own computer back then so i go to computer shop and an hour was charged half a dollar($)...and the 8 hrs playing time card was 1 dollar($)...that was too much for me so i stopped playing...but the next year i tried it out again...and this time i learned how to save money and play total of 14 hours on weekends and a friend of mine has a bot program and we bot our characters on weekdays..we pay him 2 dollars($) a week for botting us...ragnarok was a big part of my highschool life...after graduation that when i started playing private servers....

Gatoruchato

Around 2010.

I know its late but I really never had interest in games until my curiosity went high and my friend taught me to play a online game which is this.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ(╹◡╹ლ) (ノ °益°)

sylee

I started playing in 2011 -- which seems to be pretty late compare to the majority!  /wah
I enjoy this game a lot though  /ok

dumpling

Around 2003-2004, that's when RO got big in my country. It was fun the, 1x rate and no warpers or healers. Heh

Seffi ❤

I started RO in 2006, when I was like 10 years old. I was so noob.. lol but it was so much fun. I started on iRO Sakray, and played there for 6 years in total. I've been on and off RO every so often but I can't help but come back...
[/URL]
Love Piamette? Check out WoonRO's latest update including the Piamette set & over 40 new headgears.

Tubeless

I started around 2005-2006 in a low rate private server. I tried RO because my friends keep on talking about ragnarok and got curious. I was so noob back then. Something that I remembered in the server I played,  elunium price was so fcking high (100k ea) and player online was always around 1k number. Since then, I was on and off RO.

Raziel

2007 for me ...   /gg
fancy seeing dumpling and seffi posting in the same topic *waves*
10x - 10x - 5x  Pre-Renewal server with no overpowered donation or custom items.
Visit us @ Website l Forums l Wiki

hivekiller

I started playing RO since I was like, 9 years old. Now I'm 18 and I'm still playing. /ok

Axis~

Quote from: hivekiller on Oct 16, 2013, 10:18 PM
I started playing RO since I was like, 9 years old. Now I'm 18 and I'm still playing. /ok

Me too! And i'm 20 now  /ok

dead4dead

around the start of glastheim ep
i'm not sure when  /wah

but yeah this game is still my fav till now

Innomite

I started playing Ragnarok last year (2012) around July when a friend of mine told me to try a low rates server, it was a 15x one and it gave me the best feeling of being part of a community. I miss dat feeling  /sob

Ever since that server died, I've been looking for a server that makes me feel the same /ok but a "server seeking" thread won't be enough4me.
For the love of Ragnarok Online!

Azulon

Started in 2010~2011.

Always knew about the game but didn't really want to play it until an old friend from an old roleplay forum invited me to play on this famous lowrate server xD Ever since then, I've been completely into the game.
"I don't want normal and easy and simple. I want painful, difficult, devastating, life-changing, extraordinary love." -Olivia Pope

YingTheClown

Started at like 2004 I think

Back then they even made advertisement on TV for euRO

Proud Guildleader of Fearless on TalonRO

eris04

it was summer before 3rd grade which was in 2003 when i first went to a internet cafe. i was 9.
i see only 2 games being played.
so i discovered one was ragnarok and the other one is counter strike.

cs was not for me so i tried ro
playing was expensive for a kid like me since i need to buy those prepaid cards. /sob
it didn't last.

in 2006 i discovered private servers. it was fun. no extra cost. fast leveling and items can be easily acquired.
up to now im playing in private servers.

dumpling

In 2003, I believe that was when RO became huge in my country, and everyone was playing it.