When did you start playing Ragnarok Online?

Started by yC, Mar 11, 2012, 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When did you start playing Ragnarok Online?  Be it Official or Private.

2000 or before
2001-2002
2003-2004
2005-2006
2007-2008
2009-2010
2011-2012
2013-2014
2015 or after

Drauger

2005-2006

I was in  a chat room talkin about manga/anime and suddenly a friend told  i got to log off we're playing ro, i asked what was ro and, he xplained to me, send me te link for his server, but i lost it  so i nede playing in atlantis ro .

Mytholix

I believe I started playing iRO back in 2003 or 2004 on iRO Loki and a little of Chaos with an ex-girlfriend back in the day. I played it religiously for a good 5-6 years and then quit finally in 2009 or 2010 for good after taking breaks on and off. I miss it to death and am actually in the process of brainstorming and organizing a low rate server of my own to bring back the old and bring in the new. :) Granted there are many already. I miss RO though and wish to jump back into the fray soon.

Poki

I swear I started playing in 2011. I swear.
started actually around 2001?

KeplerBR

[EN]
In mid-2005, when it had only arrived in bRO War emperiun.
I started playing when my father bought a box of cereal that came with the CD Ragnarok xD

[PT-BR]
Em meados de 2005, quando no bRO só tinha chegado a guerra do emperiun.
Comecei a jogar quando meu pai comprou uma caixa de cereal que vinha o CD com o Ragnarok xD

Klassione

2003-2004.

Good times. The days of staying up to really grind, haha.

Lyddie

I started playing maybe 2005, Not sure.

a friend of mine randomly linked me a private server website (AnimaRO) and was like. "Download, lets play!"

and since then..I've been a RO player :3

Vermin

Back in like 2003-2004

My bro used to play, I used to watch
Sometimes he let me play
Awesome times

Kittie

I played back in 2002, if I did the math right. I remember I was 13 and was playing iRO beta (this was before the sprites were able to turn their heads). I shared a Windows 95(?) computer with my siblings playing the same game. My older sister's friend, Frostwave, turned out to be a hacker and got on the news of "Library of Prontera" If only I knew how to take screenshots and save web pages at that time to document it /lv
Oddly I don't think he got banned despite crashing people from using an "unknown skill".
Ragnafied

yC

Library of Prontera ... how long have it been since I last heard that (not the thing in the prontera map lol).  Well, the iRO beta was so buggy that they have to sudden the community by taking it down for nearly half a year with no news made about it beforehand.  Just announced the news in game and bam no more server ... I should still have the announcement by GOD POING in some screenshots.

Peanut

Around 2004, 2005 Not sure :O
Good old Times :3

Tintinteen

Started in 2003 or 2004, not sure.
It was in euRO before it was taken down due issues related to an 'official' euRO being made later.

It was the first MMORPG I played too. I was always very excited and role played with my character every second I was on.

MrRyan

Pretty much since the beta stages.

Was epic.
I AM SORRY I AM AN IDIOT I PM SPAMMED THE HELL OUT OF THE FORUM NOW I AM BANNED.

Firewing

hmm... Well when I was like in school or something, my sister's friend used to work for Ragnarok Online in India... (inRO) ... That time I was looking for a new game so I decided to give this one a try. After that I asked my sis's friend to give me some items and he gave me like 500k... which I thought was a lot  /omg So then I started playing inRO. Been playing RO and MMORPGs since then. It was my first MMORPG too.... lol used to sneak up at night to play because that time, the internet facilities in India were bad and night time is the time when you usually get less to no lags

yC

Nice little story Firewing, you just revealed some official corruption if that was true.  Sigh ... it was so naive of me to trust god-poing all those years  /sob

Firewing

LOL god poring was the one who took all our money when we bought pots... those are cheap to make but expensive to buy from the NPC.... I think god poring is the gangster running those tool dealer chains

Well he didnt officially give me the 500k over a GM char or anything... I think it was his personal money... This was the time when it actually first start... I did find a guy in the computer shop offering me 200mill for 40$ the next day... I was naive and I actually thought thats a good deal but then I didnt have 40$ LOL.... then inRO closed down because it had more bots rather than players.