Do players no longer care about quality?

Started by Benfi, Mar 22, 2010, 04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeePee

Well, you may not like rebirthRO and anthemRO, but they do have their things managed the way they should.
When I think of crappy servers, I think of (mainly high+ rate) servers with scripts jacked from eAthena, freewebs website, buggy NPCs, incompetent staff, etc. And yet these kind of servers have hundreds if not thousands of servers.

Majinken Souga

I played RebirthRO for about a year before I realized just how bad it was (yes, I'm talking about the GM revolt in March 2007, but I digress. >.>) After something like that, I thought the server would just go down the drain and lose all its players. Was I ever wrong. It doesn't matter how bad the staff is or whatever, people will play a server because their friends are there. RO has become more or less a place for people to talk and PvP rather than kill monsters and obtain cool gear. Heck, I spend more time sitting around in Prontera and chatting than I do killing monsters. It's almost as if the very essence of the MMORPG has been lost in Ragnarok Online. I think one reason for this points towards RO being a Korean grind game. Remove the grind, and where's the game?
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.

DarkDevine

That's why I am waiting for the first completely RE low rate server out there, implementing all renewal mechanics and not just some modified crap custom third classes.
Will take some time though, but I played kRO RE and I love the system (Too much lag on kRO sadly), it's something new.
TotalRO - 10x/10x

Xeyra

Quality if relative anyways. There never seems to be a server that has everything I want and same-sex marriage.