What do you think about RO in 2014?

Started by stephencurry30, Feb 02, 2014, 01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephencurry30

I'm just wondering consider this game has been running for sooo long and it's probably near the end of its lifespan. What is it that motivates you to play RO in 2014? The grinding? PvP/WoE? Nostalgia? Headgear quests? Custom contents? Others? What still attracts you about RO in 2014? Let me know what you guys think.

Also, if you were to invite new players to RO in 2014, how would you introduce it to them?

urboyfriend

Quote from: stephencurry30 on Feb 02, 2014, 01:51 AM
I'm just wondering consider this game has been running for sooo long and it's probably near the end of its lifespan. What is it that motivates you to play RO in 2014? The grinding? PvP/WoE? Nostalgia? Headgear quests? Custom contents? Others? Let me know what you guys think.

Also, if you were to invite new players to RO in 2014, how would you introduce it to them?

A game only ends when it cannot cater the demands of the current generation, in which is what is happening to RO. Still hoping for server owners to wake up from the dreamsleave that ragnarok was balanced by design. Probably WoE as the game was balanced heavily on it , Nostalgia card won't work for me.

"this game is heavily team-based, if you think of being a hipster, want to have it your way and still hope to own i got bad news for you, other than that, enjoy the company of others"

Kensei

RO in 2014

Dead. I doubt there are ACTUALLY new players will play RO due to what above poster said, RO can't cater current generation's demands. Almost no quest, involves crazy farming to gear decently, and there's nothing exciting on doing stuffs that can be done by bots. Only people who you can invite are the RO veterans themselves.

No, adding headgears or stuffs won't help. In RO, ONLY your head sprites changes when you put different gears. In current MMOs, you can dress up EVERY part of your body and be stylish. The only thing RO can do is to use Stylist.

What will interest people

Grinding : hell no are you serious.
PvP : maybe, RO is kinda good because you don't really depend on gears like today's typical MMO where gears BEATS skill. but then again, if you don't have "ignore DEF" skills (like GFist, Acid Demo, etc) I don't think the first sentence applies.
WoE : FE, no, I don't think people like to run around maze-like castle while getting smacked from high ground. SE, maybe. So far WoE is the best GvG system for me. Only downfall is that it's spammy as hell, so you either use AHK and other kits, or you're going to break everything.
Headgear : if they're fans of 2D, kawaii graphics, maybe, but then again, Maplestory exists, also there are cute 3D MMOs like Spirit Tales/Eden Eternal.
Custom contents : I haven't seen any custom contents in RO that actually beats today's current MMO though. Questlines, etc, today's games won, so yea.

How to introduce new players

"Wanna play a cute, 2D games that is NOT Maplestory?"

Eisengrad

The game is actually still more revolutionary than what's currently on the MMORPG market despite being so old.

In a modern MMORPG you die of boredom and no challenges.
In RO you enjoy the experience.