What do you expect from 3rd classes?

Started by Sarin, Jul 11, 2008, 07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarin

So...there is almost no canonic info about them, except the fact they will be :) so, I'm asking you, what do you expect and what you want from them?

so far everything known about them is here http://ro.doddlercon.com/wiki/index.php?title=3rd_Classes

eh im not expecting much, just different characters, more ppl hopefully....

but the same old grindage XD

Pandora

Considering the last levels are painfully hard, if from 99~150 is even more exp I'll wanna hang myself XD

Also.. they tilted the delicate balance of RO when they introduced the trans classes, let's hope they don't screw up the balance even more.

The original idea seemed to suggest that the new classes would be accessible from 2nd job only and rival trans, but now trans can also access those job, so chances are they will be better than trans.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Majora_younglink

^ If they weren't in some way, I'd cry after going through the pain of trans on a normal server. (If I still played low rates)

And I expect more broken'ness. More editing of skills on private servers. More favoritism toward Assassins, more ridiculous dmg outputs, and more builds. Thought it'll be fun, oh it will be fun.

Sarin

There's a chance that some damage made by trans could be repaired if:
No more super strong attacks.
HP growth enough to balance out existing oneshot-like attacks.
more possiblities for each class, both offensive and defensive.
Stat changes-both 100% stun resist and instacast on 200. I REALLY wouldn't like to see insta asura.
etc...

Also...everyone here got their favorite classes. What skill you would like them to have? Like myself...
Rune knight: more crippling and status inducing blows, ability to use two onehanded weapon. Perhaps buff that would increase aspd at expense of damage.
Guillotine cross: poisons, poisons, poisons. Mostly status inducing. Perhaps more magic skills like Soul Breaker, critical mastery, DD offensive skills and perhaps parry-like skill...maybe something like: 80% parry chance for 5 secs, offensive skills and attack disabled during skill duration.
Wanderer: Some melee skills, and more offensive songs.

Lore

I'm expecting different weapon masteries to go along with the new funky weapons

I.E. Rune Knight
Shuffling Sword Mastery (lvl 1-10)

or sommat like that.

Im also anticipating a few more status ailments. More good stuff like "bleeding" and "silence".

HOPEFULLY, there won't be that many damage-inducing skills, as the trans class has plenty of those. If gravity is smart, they'll implement more strategic cool stuff like Stripping, or Venom Duster, and that stun hammer thing that WS's do.

Wishful Thinking:
1.Drain-skill that absorbs 5% of targets HP for every 3 seconds.
2.Charge-party affected skill that raises mvmnt speed and 5% chance to break enemy weapon.
3. Rain-mage skill that changes the element of everything in a 5x5 cell to water or sommat.
4. Counter Fist-champion skill that strips weapon by 30% after the champ uses Blade Stop

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Sarin: None of that will happen. 3rd classes WILL be powerhouses. Othervise there wouldn't be a point in introducing them.

After playing the game *twice* would you really want to get a class which is just as strong as the first one?

Pandora

More HP would indeed be nice and wise, but are Gravity either of those? ^_^;
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Thorin

Rune Knight looks very interesting. I still got hear more but i try to stay unexcited because its gonna be atleast another year.

Ayu

More HP for Guillotine Cross? Probably  :P

I hope there's more support and less direct damage output skills, be it passive or buff/nerfing spells. Or what about status attacks? Must we only rely on 5% status cards if we ever want to do a bit more than your standard freeze, stun and stone curse?

Making poison actually less of a joke can be a goal as well ^_^

Auroraâ„¢

They don't seem like they're going to be that much better frome everything I've read, and quite honestly, from what I've seen they're just pointless. x_x; Like what's already been stated here, it just looks like it's going to be more classes that throws RO even more out of balance than it already is, and with the achievment of trans. classes, the balance is nothing close to being good, especially when it comes to private servers and the HR/SHR. I think the third classes could very well possibly work on LRs, and maybe MRs if the data is seriously worked on to put everything in balance with them.

It would've been okay if they would have kept the third classes only accessible through second class, but if they're now going to be able to be obtained through trans., then I would say no to them. The best idea is to still give everyone who's worked hard on trans. classes to still have a purpose for them, rather than have to start all over again.

» Coming Soon! «

GM Faith

But that's precisely it.

When changing to third job, you'd still get to play with your second job skills.

People who go 3rd job from trans will have the bonus of their trans-class skills.

Personally I'd like to see them progress sideways, make more options available as opposed to simply making them more powerful.

Sadly, I think we all know that isn't going to happen.
Impossible is nothing..

fluidin

Hmm. If they restricted the number of skill points available for the 3rd classes, the introduction of 3rd classes might work well for game balance.

You guys get what I mean right? For example an all powerful skill ABC, which is equivalent to EDP is introduced for Guillotine Crosses. However, due to limited skill points, a TineX can only learn ONE of them. Either an ABC or EDP skill build. However, with the (HP/SP?) bonuses for 3rd classes, these skills will no longer have the potential to 1hko, and thus balance is restored. Not only is balance restored, more skill builds are feasible.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Aragorn

i expect it to be useful not like the ninja gunslinger jobs that are super useless... (>.>)

hey what are all these stupid f*** scribbles on your test?
OH BAKA SENSEI THAT'S NIHONGO

RULE 1:
Every post that disagrees to the previous to Aragorn is a flame or insult.

phranxis

they only use those to attract more people to play the "near to death" game