Ragnarok DS

Started by Holy Knight, Mar 23, 2009, 06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holy Knight

So, has anyone imported a copy of Ragnarok DS? It was released in mid December if I remeber correctly, and I was curious if it was worth getting. I know that its not in English, so unless you have mastered the language, it seems that it would make game play irritating.

So if anyone has played it, feel free to leave you're opinions of the game.

Omi

Quote from: Holy Knight on Mar 23, 2009, 06:32 PM
So, has anyone imported a copy of Ragnarok DS? It was released in mid December if I remeber correctly, and I was curious if it was worth getting. I know that its not in English, so unless you have mastered the language, it seems that it would make game play irritating.

So if anyone has played it, feel free to leave you're opinions of the game.

Well, me and a lot of people have been doing translation work on it.  But in order to play it in english, you need the game illegally.

That said, if you do that, you can visit the website for the translation work here.  If you do use a ROM, you can patch it to have an incomplete translation of the game, but the story doesn't have that much depth to it anyway..

yC

i borrowed my bro's DS and played it for a week or less.  I am not a big fan of small screen so it's kinda tiresome to play it for a long time. 

I started off with a thief, there's a mage and a swordsman that will join your party at the beginning.  It's sort of easy (up to where i played, lv 40~), if you don't know japanese at least you know what some of the items does from you RO knowledge (i.e. ygg, red potions etc, equips are a slightly different story).  The skills your char get is a bit useless (for my little thief, not sure about other classes).  Cards are easy to get.  Zeny isn't hard to get and equips aren't expensive.

Let see, I find that they took advantage of many already existing sprites.  Such as the chars, the monsters .. of course there are new npcs, and the maps aren't anything like RO online.  Wait I think culvert was the same, but that's about it.  I heard my friend said you can network play in some tower (near morroc) to increase your level but I never tried that.

I didn't get hooked to it maybe because it's japanese and i don't understand the story.  I might try again when I get to setup the English version.  Someone gave me the steps before but I am lazy to do it and it's not my DS so yea ...

Holy Knight

Quote from: yC on Mar 23, 2009, 10:51 PM
Let see, I find that they took advantage of many already existing sprites.  Such as the chars, the monsters .. of course there are new npcs, and the maps aren't anything like RO online.  Wait I think culvert was the same, but that's about it.  I heard my friend said you can network play in some tower (near morroc) to increase your level but I never tried that.

Yeah, I heard that the developers didn't really stray too far away from the PC version. What you mentioned about the confusion of what equipments do is the one thing keeping me from trying it xD. It would drive me crazy not knowing wether or not my char was equipped with the best possible stuff.

yC

in a typical offline RPG ... you don't get everything in scene 1 ... equips come to you when it's time for you to get stronger.  Not point going crazy with equips there.